Idea For New Event (Event With Teams) - Page 3

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Idea For New Event (Event With Teams)

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Burn View Post
    Like this idea muchly - but surely would need a pretty significant chunk of new code to be written? So Funzio would need to like it a hell of a lot in order to commit to doing that?
    I did apologize you know, "Nothing changes unless you make it change" is my POV lately, I do think it has potential, like I said, if Funzio does like it even a bit, they can tweak it or change it however they want, as long as they hear this out.
    CC Ghost Level: 156 Attack: 56,885 Defense: 61,046 Income: $334,914

KA Ghost Level: 50 Attack: 12,178 Defense: 16,051 Income: 2570
    293-015-965

New Concept - Event With Teams Thread

Kingdom Age iOS Beginners Guide

Et Tu Brute?

Nothing Changes Unless You Make It Change

Where I Come From, People Don't Talk Unless They Have Something To Say

Power Resides Where Men Believe It Resides

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Burn View Post
    Like this idea muchly - but surely would need a pretty significant chunk of new code to be written? So Funzio would need to like it a hell of a lot in order to commit to doing that?
    Totally agree that this would be a great addition to this game...

I am not a coder or anything do I have no idea of how much work this would take from funzio, but from a player perspective, they need to give me something that will keep me playing long term and tempt me to spend money on this game. I like the events, but honestly how soon will I tire of just hitting button once an hour. They have done a good job of creating a bunch of Pavlovian players who drool at each new weapon....

However, I don't think this will last long term, and I believe any good game developer knows this and is actively looking to keep it fresh and pull in more traffic. Adapt of die....

I already see a lot of hoods where it's obvious the players put in a lot of time but no longer play...that is a financial hit for funzio, and if they don't keep the game fresh, minor bleeding will become hemoraging when some new app developer comes along with the next best thing..

A change to a more social aspect, teams, whatever seems to be a logical evolution to the current game, and despite the coding work it will take I think the reward outweighs the risk, and I look forward to how funzio responds to ghosts idea.

Nice work ghost..would
    retired

Post Count
    Thanks for the feedback teach.

293-015-965

Et Tu Brute?

Post Count
    I feel like I get overlooked a lot in this game. I'm level 32 or something, I make 500+K ph, and I have okay stars and weapons. I feel like if I leveled up, I'd get smashed because so many upper level players are said to be buying gold or cheating etc. I wish they'd do something like a hardest to kill tourney or a best of the level 30s 40s, 50 etc and as long as you maintained that king status, the game paid a tribute to those players. I don't know, it just seems like all the spoils shouldn't go to ppl buying gold

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost818 View Post
    An idea for a new event, the participants would chose a team of 3 from their mafia, and it would be like an Easter Egg hunt concept, so forum friends would then have to add each other. In a case where players might not know or interact with each other, an alternative instead of you choosing your own team, the game could ask you which difficulty you want to participate in, then it would put you in a team with others who chose the same difficulty.

Each member of the team starts off with 1 note which leads them to a 2nd note which will lead them to the 3rd note and the last note would lead them to their 1st Key which unlocks the 1st Prize and repeat for the 2nd Key + 2nd Prize and repeat for a total of 3 Keys and 3 Prizes. Once each member has their 3 Keys they combine all 9 into 1 Master Key to unlock the Grand Prize. Like the quote we have heard before, the purpose of Gold is to replace time, and that means 1 note per day, can be purchased with gold, to replace the time to look for them, again for a reasonable amount. The Event would be hosted for a total of but not limited to 7 days. (You will see why look for blue writing)

Broken Down:
    The notes that are found contain a clue leading that if followed or figured out, will lead them to the next clue, and after solving 3 notes(containing clues) they are given the 1st prize and the 1st key. Rinse repeat, as follows:

Note Set 1:
    Note 1
    Note 2
    Note 3, Key 1

Unlocks Set 2:
    Note 4
    Note 5
    Note 6, Key 2

Unlocks Set 3:
    Note 7
    Note 8
    Note 9, Key 3

When all 3 members of the team collect all 3 Keys, Team Member 1's Keys(3) + Team Member 2's Keys(3) + Team Member 3's Keys(3) = 9 Keys Total, will have a button that says Merge Keys, or Combine Keys (like the other little details, Funzio can decide what is suitable) and will turn all 9 Keys into one Master Key which ultimately opens the Final, Grand Prize.

There would be three different categories: Novice, Intermediate, and Expert. The Novice hunt would be free to unlock and participate, the Intermediate would be unlocked with in game cash, the Expert with a reasonable amount of gold, for 3 people who are willing. The Intermediate and Expert would be a big lump sum that each member would contribute to.

An example for the Intermediate difficulties higher level players would be the buy in to be at (15M) respectively an estimated number, each person to contribute 5M. Same goes for the Expert, but the numbers are not my say that is solely up to Funzio. Once all 3 members submit their offering (cash or gold) the hunt would begin.

Note:Participants of the Novice hunt are not to expect the same reward as the Intermediate or Expert hunts, and Intermediate participants are not to expect the same reward as the Expert hunt. Also, the prizes and the Ultimate Reward at the end would be broken down by level brackets as follows like the current ongoing events, different levels see different loot for each item [1-20] [21-50] [51-80] [81+] and buy ins will be respectively bracketed also.

Example: If the ultimate reward for the Expert would be the current drop rate of loot would be increased by 30%, the Novice Hunt reward would be only 5% the Intermediate 15% the Expert as stated would be 30%.

Each team would decide which difficulty they want to participate in and come to an agreement. Crime City players would have to be notified of this event, a week prior to the start of this magnificent event every time the app is launched, so it would give them time have a chance to be with whoever they want, but there's a catch. If the team is already formed prior to the beginning of the event, and they are going to go with the cash method? Guess what...they can start 6 hours before the start of the event for the free participants...but hold on, if you are going to be using gold...you get to start 24 hours prior to the start of the event giving you 7 days+ 1.

Disclaimer: This would be a new concept of a group event and can profit both players and Funzio. I know this will make the developers jobs harder and I do apologize, but I think this has potential. All numbers including but not limited to "Team Members", "Notes", "Keys", "Prizes", "Days", "Buy Ins", "Loot", and "Percentages" OR any thing else the Devs find suitable are subject to change. This idea is Copyrighted ©, Service Marked℠, Trademarked™, Registered®, and Owned by Ghost Inc.©℠™®

Thank you for reading,
    Ghost
    I like the idea, Ghost. Nice job

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_GeoFry View Post
    I feel like I get overlooked a lot in this game. I'm level 32 or something, I make 500+K ph, and I have okay stars and weapons. I feel like if I leveled up, I'd get smashed because so many upper level players are said to be buying gold or cheating etc. I wish they'd do something like a hardest to kill tourney or a best of the level 30s 40s, 50 etc and as long as you maintained that king status, the game paid a tribute to those players. I don't know, it just seems like all the spoils shouldn't go to ppl buying gold
    If it wasn't for people buying gold you wouldn't be playing this game. The point of the game isn't to stay down at level 30 forever so why would they reward people for it

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_GeoFry View Post
    Wow, I'm level 34 and I only make 2.5k ph. I sense I'm doing something wrong :P

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    too complicated and the prize is still reserved for gold players.

Nothing new, just simple make another event or boss fight, less work for developers, funzio still earn a lot of money and prizes still for gold players.
    New Square Enix iOS "Guardian Cross" game.
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/guard...d534082757?l=8
    Enter invitation ID 'ZM37086' and you will have Final Fantasy XI rare card!

I thought I could compete top 200 for a super rare 5 star Leviathan card but still struggle at top 1350 with high level rare 4, 3 stars cards. it's 10 times harder than CC events, I give up.

Post Count
    I understand all that, I'm just saying that if this was real life, I'd be part of the strongest mafia in NYC. I'm a good earner, I'm impossible to kill, and I'm also a pretty good soldier. And the people who are like 5 or 6 time farther in the game are only doing well because of the gold purchases. There should be some kind of leveling of this gap. I was saying they should create mob invitations based on your characters standing for their level. In other words if the best gang was the Genevese, you should get an invite if you are one best players for your level.

Post Count
    I don't get what the necro was for. No offense of course but I don't get it.

@Dan- this was a very old idea I had it was even before the leaderboard events.

I liked the team/scavenger hunt idea but it was never taken into consideration.

293-015-965

Et Tu Brute?