Is this asking for trouble later?

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is this asking for trouble later?

Banned
    Post Count

Is this asking for trouble later?

Currently my only units that can be lost are super hornets and I add an ally every time I get another 4, I am also upgrading my advanced air base to level 7 then will go to 8 to build the 3.6M 50 attack 16 def plane.

My plan is to add allies only as I add more and more of the $3.6M plane and super hornets so my weakest unit remains the super hornet at all times.

Currently I am not taking any losses because of low ally count (42), low level (40), beacuse my attack is normally 5-15 times my opponents defence or because of a bug.

I imagine which ever one of these factor is causing my losses to be zero is going to dissapear as I level, add allies which will close the att vs def gap.

When I start seeing losses the only two units that can be lost will be quite valuable (350 valor or $3.6M) so heavy losses will hurt a lot.

Will having just these two units that can be lost be asking for trouble and hence do I need to take a hit in stats and put in meat sheilds or does it not really matter anymore and the good units will still be lost at similar rates regardless.

I guess another way of asking is, If you have 2000 of one type of units do you lose a ****load of those units or lose less total units per fight
    Last edited by Crazyscorp; 03-26-2012 at 03:21 PM.

Banned
    Post Count
    I hate to say it but, you might have to be a test subject here. Keep track and let us know.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    You can still beef up on AT's right now - even though you won't take them into battle yet, they will be there ready to die for you when you Ally back up. The AT's stats are pretty balance ( 6 & 8 ) so theyre good for both low level attack & defense. If you're attacking a lot then I would find a good low cost unit with stats leaning towards attack, but if you're worried about losing units when getting attacked or raided - then the defensive units are best. I'm sure you know this already - but for the benefit of the FNG's reading this - its good to build up both good attack units & good defense units since the algorithm of who you take into battle vs who defends you are two entirely different groups of units anyway.

Glad you are having low casualty rates
    Don't whine about a problem unless you're prepared to offer a reasonable solution.

I Buy / Sell REAL Gold and Silver everyday at www.PacificCoinExchange.com
    Great Blog: http://www.pacificcoinexchange.com/c...inancial-news/

Articulate Author digitalwalker's Avatar
    Post Count
    Not sure about if u beef up only one type units even it is a strong one, will give a unacceptable loss.

But, u r on a very correct track, I did the similar thing as u did since few months ago I started my llp, near zero losses and good win/loss ratio. So don't worry, keep this going. As long as u r super strong than ur ravils, u will do just fine.

This currently applies only in low ally region, at least wat I have experienced, when I move to more than 300 allies, I start to lose units.

Just a side note, stealth bomber, the one u mentioned,50attack, medium casualty. Its a great unit, I got about 50ish of them, and haven't lost single of them.. Probably because of it comes from the lvl8 advance building.

I start to rethink, if ones army composite all from end game buildings, the loss is very little. U and me are the same suitiation.
    Last edited by digitalwalker; 03-26-2012 at 04:33 PM.

Supreme Scholar
    Post Count
    You may run I to a gold person and lose a bunch of units

Post Count
    I'm thinking that if I was to do things over yet again I might employ that strategy, eg high attack and defense units above the SH and SF but as you say that means upgrading your unit buildings.

Meat shields, well if you are doing PvP you will start to collect a lot of loot units like Tree Snipers 3/0. Border Commander 7/11, Armed Steel Worker 14/14, Trafficker Gunman 5/4. For ground you wind up with a lot of Satellite Trucks 1/5 (I have 721), Battle Tanks 3/4, Mountain Citadel Tanks 10/9 and for air Jungle Helicopters 1/3 (have 720 of these). Lots of sea loot as well, one of the best is the Predator Sub 26/14 though Old Battleship 2/2, Oil Aircraft Carrier 3/5 and Mini Sub 8/6 turn up a lot. So IMHO it's better not to buy shields but to just collect them as you go along.

In terms of allies, this is always a good question and I think the best thing to do is to keep an eye on your rival list and see how you are doing compared to what you see in it.

In terms of having 2000 of a unit, well I've been toying with the idea of having an all Super Hornet army but the reality is that you will loose some no matter what and with all of one kind those will be the only units you will loose. Still I suspect if you pick your fights wisely you may be able to get by with very minimal to no losses. My current army is about 50% SH and SF or will be once I get back up to 500 allies. Just checked and right now I'm bringing to battle about 89% SH/SF's with the bulk made up of high end attack units. In the mean time I'm just collecting as much valor as I can so I can keep increasing the numbers of those units.

The one thing I am not 100% clear on is the stats for defense, in other words the game will pick your best offensive units and I suspect that is what we see in our profiles (sort of) and I hear it also picks the best units for defense, but what if you have a radically split army where you have strong attack but also strong defense and these are different units? Does the game actually pick the best defense and could this also be another factor as to why people complain about loosing to what had appeared to be an easy target?

We've always complained that something was broken but perhaps what was wrong was that it was broken before and now we are finally getting the other parameters that were broken to work....
    Last edited by Agent Orange; 03-26-2012 at 04:38 PM.
    Modern War
    IOS - Agent Orange - ID 863 440 860
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Android - Agent Orange -ID 179 321 004
    Free Player since 7/18/12
    Level 33+

War of Nations - Agent Orange - Quit the game
    Free Player since 5/30/13

Banned
    Post Count
    As you mentioned already I wouldn't go out and buy meat sheilds as I have 100's from pvp it is just weather I increase allies enough that units lower than a super hornet (ie units I don't care if I lose) get used.

By the way this is only refering to attacking at this stage will look at defence seperately and I guess one great thing about the stealth bomber is it has low defence so can make sure it doesn't get used in defence only issue this might back fire if I go though will my plan to switch from UK to Russia since it will then rank higher in defence than the 3:17 110k boat

Post Count
    I remember one of my buddy(forgot who is that,sorry on this board did mention that, he went down to about 50 allies, if I recall it right, he brought a all Superhornet army, and suffered zero losses.

I did told him that, as long as ones powers is greatly over his ravils, he should have zero losses, no matter how many units or how many allies u have. And may I just to correct it a bit here, I m in ally region 350ish, I do loss units here and there, although still much lower than most of people, and it's not like the case when I was below 300ish ally region.

About meat shields, wat I think is that, it is a shield for people have insufficient power, and who always has prepared to loss units. For an army having units density over 30 or more, meat shields are not messceray.
    Last edited by digitalwalker; 03-26-2012 at 06:33 PM.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    this really got my attention and i decided to cut on allies dropping from 117 to 33 just to test out a full super hornet army and see the casualty ill start noting my results and ill post back here

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by commandNconquer View Post
    this really got my attention and i decided to cut on allies dropping from 117 to 33 just to test out a full super hornet army and see the casualty ill start noting my results and ill post back here
    Be careful of extremely ally region as there r quite a few golden army. Just a kind reminder.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by digitalwalker View Post
    For an army having units density over 30 or more, meat shields are not messceray.
    Ok - FNG question - what is meant by density? I'm seeing that more & more and I'm notmsurenwhat you guys mean.
    Don't whine about a problem unless you're prepared to offer a reasonable solution.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcdoc View Post
    Ok - FNG question - what is meant by density? I'm seeing that more & more and I'm notmsurenwhat you guys mean.
    I am with you on that. But I think they maybe mean "average".

Post Count
    I think it was me first rised this word to describe.

Actually, to be more accurate, we should call it average units (battle units) stat. It is ur overall attack/defence stats decided by number of units brought to battle.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by digitalwalker View Post
    Actually, to be more accurate, we should call it average units (battle units) stat. It is ur overall attack/defence stats decided by number of units brought to battle.
    Still not sure what you're looking for or why an average is relevant?

Isn't the only thing that matters your Att/Def? Why would dividing those numbers by your Units into battle number matter?

I'm just curious - 2nd person today to use this term.

Banned
    Post Count
    Still not sure what you're looking for or why an average is relevant?

Isn't the only thing that matters your Att/Def? Why would dividing those numbers by your Units into battle number matter?

I'm just curious - 2nd person today to use this term.
    I don't get it either. It has no effect or say what so ever. My average would be 55 attack and 56 defense. Which makes my Green Dragonfly which is 310 attack look weak.