6-month anniversary

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 6-month anniversary

Verbose Veteran whocareswhatmynameis's Avatar
    Post Count

6-month anniversary

today marks the six month anniversary for when i downloaded crime city app… that's one hundred eighty days to be exact. little did i know that i would still be playing this game this long! i was hooked from the moment i launched the app. one of the first things i did was google 'crime city forum' that led me to this place. i was lucky to find this forum at an early stage before i had an opportunity to mess things up. i am thankful of the guidance i received from experienced players- some have since retired, others are still playing. at the beginning, the game dynamics was largely mysterious to everyone (it still is because of constant changes by FUNZIO… more annoying than mysterious if you ask me). i really enjoyed exchanging theories about fights and robberies, defense buildings, M4A1 loot sites and drop rates. i was especially drawn to the economic aspect of the game. i realized early on the importance of building new income buildings and constantly upgrading existing ones. i have had a wonderful experience with the game sans the last few weeks. as others have commented, i wouldn't have lasted this long were it not for this forum and fellow players.

well folks. this is my way of saying my time has come to move on. as we all know, this game has no endpoint for declaring victory. the only way to beat the system is to delete the app and stop playing which is what i am doing. i am sad to leave but alas i must. the thing is, the game doesn't appeal to me anymore. i started getting bored a few weeks ago right after i completed farming M4A1s. i'm sure you'll find hints of my disengagement/indifference for the game if you look back at my recent posting history. the lack of worthwhile farming options in the aftermath of DD's near-demise made my decision to quit easier. some of you may ask whether the game was worth the considerable investment (time, $) i put in. my answer is simple...DEFINITELY! (warts and all). i immensely enjoyed both the game and the forum! i am obviously concerned about the direction the game is taking in light of recent developments. i wish FUNZIO was more responsive to its customers and not just concentrate entirely on bean counting. reputation is everything in social networking games and a disgruntled customer base is no way to run a sustainable business. in spite of this, it is my hope that newer players will get as much satisfaction from the game as i did.

on a final note, i would like to thank everyone who shared their thoughts and ideas with me and the community. i am especially thankful to those who made my gaming experience extraordinary with great threads (economy analysis, PvP/PvE mechanics, general CC strategy, hilarious & witty quotes, etc.) i will not name names because the list is very long. but i think you know who you are--- THANK YOU AND ADIEU.

play on!

sincerely,

whocareswhatmynameis a.k.a. qwikster
    (updated mar 16 2012)
    CrimeCity: joined 176 days ago; lvl: 124; size: 695; att/def: 25875/31785; $238,993/hr; qwikster --- 783 445 600

ModernWar: AWOL

Consistent Contributor qwikster's Avatar
    Post Count
    FINAL STATS:

real money spent: 56 USD + taxes (all spent on income buildings)
    level: 125
    attack: 28,619
    defense: 32,086
    fight, win/loss: 20,743/319 (98.5% success)
    robbery, win/loss: 9,661/143 (98.5% success)
    income/hr: 293,878

M4A1: 500
    DD: 0
    Last edited by qwikster; 03-20-2012 at 03:43 PM.
    (a.k.a. whocareswhatmynameis)
    lvl 125 || income 283.8K/hr || attack 26.2K || defense 32.0K (Mar 19 2012)

Post Count
    Peace out qwikster, you've always been slightly ahead of me in level and income, and i've always tried to catch up income wise but havent gotten there yet! Darn you for quitting, seems an unfair way to pass you!

Post Count
    Oh no!

I will miss you the most of all the veteran forum members to leave so far.

Farewell Qwikster.

Post Count
    Congrats and See ya?! Well, good game bro. Good game. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Crime City Mark View Post
    Hahaha,

I have a story about that. I probably shouldn't share it. Kinda lame, actually. Forget I said anything.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    As long as it takes to upgrade buildings, do all the jobs it could take 5 years or more to "beat" the game or whatever.

Post Count
    Well buddy congrats on winning the game man. Will miss seeing ya around!
    Goal: To be the richest in Crime City.

Run with me, or run from me.

Stay thirsty my friends.

(CK) COLD Karma

Post Count
    When I first started lurking, there were a bunch of OGs whose posts I made an effort read. Yours were on that list. Bummed to see you go.

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    good riddance

Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Ram View Post
    good riddance
    -1. Million.
    TCW Scott

Retired 11/18/14

Main Lv. 250
    Mini Lv. 152

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    farewell zsnm

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Sorry to see you go, take care qwikster.

I'm mostly an FPS/Action/RPG XBOX gamer so it's nice to have a portable game that's different from the normal stuff I play. That's why I can't see myself getting 'bored' anytime soon. Maybe I'm not bored because I went into this game with the perspective that it was inherently a boring game, especially compared to the games I normally play. This game fills a nice niche for me though and it's not like you have to put a ton of time into it. I'm not at all trying to criticize your decision to quit or anything like that, just throwing my perspective out there. Good Luck!
    Last edited by Dorian Gray; 03-20-2012 at 03:23 PM. Reason: typo
    Dorian- 719 824 375 - lvl 139 - IPH = $1,128,239 - Atk 41280 - Def - 48308 - 714 Mafia

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by deuces View Post
    Peace out qwikster, you've always been slightly ahead of me in level and income, and i've always tried to catch up income wise but havent gotten there yet! Darn you for quitting, seems an unfair way to pass you!
    thank you. i'm sure you will achieve great income/power status in time.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeycool View Post
    Oh no!

I will miss you the most of all the veteran forum members to leave so far.

Farewell Qwikster.
    joeycool, your posts always bring a smile to my face. you are one of my favorite CC characters. thank you and farewell.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by mnju_03 View Post
    Congrats and See ya?! Well, good game bro. Good game. :P
    thanks. good luck with the game.