499 mafia cowards..

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 499 mafia cowards..

Post Count

499 mafia cowards..

Please tell me they at least cannot pursue the Thug Life goals against people with 500 mafia.

I have past up lucrative robberies against those with 500, just to find someone at 499 to clear out.

Post Count
    Nope they can. 0 penalty for 499 except a few attack/defense points. Like it has been stated previously, maybe we should all just sit at 499 until they fix it.
    Crime City: 114 460 525
    Kingdom Age(iOS): 894 587 264

Post Count
    I see 499 mafia on my rival list and they're the first person I check out. If they care enough to hold back like that, it's more likely I'll find good buildings to rob. Thug life comes easily enough.

Post Count
    See my post under the suggestion section. I think they should amend, if 499 or under the reward is 50 respect points, and every fifth thug life give them a tommy gun or combat boots. Refresh refresh and way too many sitting at 499 or less.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    I stay above 500 because I'm gonna get beaten no matter what. At least with 500 you have somewhat of a better chance fending someone off.

Post Count
    I agree. I get the crap kicked out of me anyways. Take it like a champ!
    Quote Originally Posted by Crime City Mark View Post
    Hahaha,

I have a story about that. I probably shouldn't share it. Kinda lame, actually. Forget I said anything.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I don't know about you guys but at my level 99% of the folks out there are at 499. This puts anyone at 500 at a severe disadvantage unless theyre in the top 1%, which most at 500 are. Land mines aren't cheap.

It's a problem for sure but its a bit silly to call people cowards. If a tornado strikes, I'm hiding out in my bathroom. Coward... no. Smart, reactionary thinking... yes.

Give it a day or two for the feeding frenzy to die down and folks will be right back up there at 500. Same as last time.
    DCjG - HTC
    Crime City ---- 658 914 238
    Modern War -- 523 560 575
    Kingdom Age - 463 475 134

Banned
    Post Count
    I remember once being a 499er. I know I had a rational explanation at the time, but I can't remember what it was now.

499 is pointless in terms of actual gains. The only thing it really does is hinder your rivals' ability to make progress on their TL goals.

New Hardcore Hitman goals don't appear on the goals list until the prerequisite is met, which is simply to reach the next level. Thug Life goals should work the same way, only appearing on the list once a prerequisite of X mafia is met, where X = the number of mafia required of rivals for that goal (to make TL consistent through the earlier <500 mafia rounds).

I'm still not in complete agreement that 499ers are all cowards, but I do suspect that a lot of them know they aren't gaining anything with that strategy and are just being jerks.

Post Count
    The 499 coward will put up the front making it a waste of stamina to attack them, but have absolutely no qualms about attacking you for the same goal. They are not hiding in the basement at that point, but trying to wave the white flag until you turn your back.

Post Count
    Instead of complaining about the 499 cowards, let's sing the praises of the 500 Heroes.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by omnus View Post
    The 499 coward will put up the front making it a waste of stamina to attack them, but have absolutely no qualms about attacking you for the same goal. They are not hiding in the basement at that point, but trying to wave the white flag until you turn your back.
    Yeah, I don't think anyone does it with any sort of honor. I think they're blatantly trying to eek out some edge over other players. You could say that about any part of this game though. Using that logic, farming, camping and buying gold are all cheap tactics and could eqaully be called cowards.

It's "dog eat dog" and you do what you feel you gotta do to get yours.
    DCjG - HTC

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Nudie View Post
    Instead of complaining about the 499 cowards, let's sing the praises of the 500 Heroes.
    Brave anyway. Unless of course they're already at the top of the food chain which means they just don't care, lol.
    DCjG - HTC

Post Count
    Funzio should add a TL goal to attack 50 people with 499 mafia right in the middle of the other goals. Or better yet, to ensure 498 doesn't become the next 499, attack 50 people with fewer mafia than you.

Post Count
    what's the point to being at 499. Makes no sense. As long as you are putting your money in the bank, it shouldn't really affect you much if they beat up on you. It only affects your record. I don't really see this as a problem since there are plenty of rivals I can beat that have well over 500 mafia. If they want to be at 499, then rob the heck out of them.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    You guys obviously haven't heard of defensive explosives. Also, it's really annoying to pull out some cash for the lock boxes a minute early only to have someone hit you right at that moment. Normally, you aren't pulling cash out every hour and, normally, you don't have the world singling you out because you're the only one at 500.

If it was 50% 499/500, I'd say it was a wash but it isn't. On the one hand you have probably 90% of everyone out there looking to do these missions. The 10% that are looking to punish the 499ers can throw a dart to find a target. There are a significant amount of folks doing it that picking one out of that crowd is almost the same as random hits.
    DCjG - HTC