Cash and Camping are now KING. - Page 3

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cash and Camping are now KING.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Burn View Post
    How long ago was the first Nerf? Or the first game changing move from Funzio?
    From what I understand it was building types and timers. In the game data there are defunct money buildings like Mini-Mart and Adult Book Store (or something like that) and all of the retired buildings have five minute timers for every upgrade. Someone mentioned that, at the very beginning, all upgrades were indeed five minutes.

Then defense buildings I guess. I'm pretty sure they meant to make 5 of each available rather than 50. That's how it is in Modern War.

Post Count
    In a previous post in this thread, I demonstrated conclusively why camping must be nerfed because it is unfair. Now, let us examine a possible solution to the problem.

[Insert simple but elegant solution here.]

As you can plainly see, the proposed solution is both elegant and simple.

Rest assured that Funzio is closely monitoring the amount of fairness in the game at any given time. Funzio measures the amount of fairness using very special units called Standard Track Fairness Units, or STFU.

The amount of fairness in the game (measured in STFU) is maximized when the game follows the Standard Track (AKA The Game As It Was Meant To Be Played). If the game departs from the Standard Track, even slightly, then Funzio will take immediate steps to correct it.
    GREE(D) is trying to put the fun back into Funzio.

Consistent Contributor qwikster's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Swifty View Post
    ... Funzio measures the amount of fairness using very special units called Standard Track Fairness Units, or STFU ...
    STFU? hilarious!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Swifty View Post
    If the game departs from the Standard Track, even slightly, then Funzio will take immediate steps to correct it.
    not quite. the existence of M4A1 and its locations has been public for 5 months. there have been hundreds of threads about M4A1 farming (without a doubt the most popular single issue in the forum). i, for instance, was posting my drop rate experience on a monthly basis. clearly, they knew what was going on. funny they decide to correct "the problem" now. that's hardly 'immediate'. a better qualifier is 'incompetent' or 'haphazard' or 'reckless'.
    Last edited by qwikster; 03-18-2012 at 05:58 AM.
    (a.k.a. whocareswhatmynameis)
    lvl 125 || income 283.8K/hr || attack 26.2K || defense 32.0K (Mar 19 2012)

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    OFF TOPIC: Why was Tramp Stamp banned?
    RETIRED

Post Count
    The thought process of Funzio in the last few days is quite simple. It's actually a very smart, and long-time practiced business plan, kind of like re-branding. The basic principals go something like this:
    Problem..
    1. Higher level players have spent 99% of the money they will ever spend on our product
    2. Higher level players have become too powerful in their numbers
    3. Higher level players will eventually slow down the progress of the next phase of our business cycle
    Solution..
    1. Strategic plan to phase out these higher level players by way of conflict
    2. Allow for newer players to spend money without being influenced by players of the first cycle
    Action plan..
    1. Create a conflict sizable enough to allow for the phase out of higher level players
    2. Once players are sufficiently phased out, bury any remnants of their existence
    3. Begin "Cycle 2"

Cycle 2 will be the exact same as the first, simply because it's what built the company. I'm not worried about any of this... I've applied this same business strategy in many of my own businesses (I've done it ethically) and it is actually a well respected model. I think that Funzio may have gone a little bit overboard, but let's remember that we were beginning to impede on their earning potential. I've been expecting this for a while now, and was not at all surprised when it happened.

Options for us:
    1. We can either submit to this strategy, and allow ourselves to be phased out
    2. We can endure through this, and wait for the next cycle to begin

If #2 is the choice that we make, I think it's incredibly important to understand that by doing this, we are declaring that we are not fair-weather fans of this game (and Funzio), and that we submit to this business strategy, realizing that it's necessary for the game's survival!
    CC "All-In-One" Spreadsheet version 4.0
    Tutorial on "Selling Low Level Buildings:"
    Part 1
    Part 2

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    White frog for president! I completely agree, even though you and I are not that HL yet, we know what we plan to do in the future. We cannot conform to Funzio's ploys to get rid of us. United we stand, divided we fall.
    RETIRED