Cash and Camping are now KING.

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cash and Camping are now KING.

Consistent Contributor richard118's Avatar
    Post Count

Cash and Camping are now KING.

What is a low to mid level player like me (level 102) to do now? With all the decent free weapons nerfed, it seems like the new STRATEGY for non-gold players is maintain decent cash flow and camp forever. That's what I plan on doing. With the cash, buy the weapons you like. Cause if I try to level up or farm respect coins, I will eventually hit those HLs with 400 M4s and hundreds of DDs or urban vests. What's the use? I will never match them unless I spend lots and lots of RM.

Better to stay at my level and focus on economy and rule at the low level.

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    +1 thinking the same thing
    CC Retired 10/22/11 to 12/16/13

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Yeah but how much money would it take to even come close to matching the weapons that have now been nerfed? In many cases, it's impossible. I haven't even unlocked it yet, but there's a gun that opens up at level 135 that's 19 attack and 11 defense. That's still worse than the M4, but at $7 million, it would cost $2.8 billion to buy 400 of those. I currently make $1.5 million per day and it would take me over 5 years to earn that much money. Of course that number will go down as my economy gets better, but even at $500K/hr, which is pretty damn good, it'll still take 233 days to get that much and that's with 100% perfect collection every single day, which is pretty much impossible.

The vehicle that's most similar to the Double Decker is something else I haven't unlocked yet at level 127 with 19 attack and 13 defense, which is essentially the same as the Double Decker, but it costs $23 million, so just multiply my above numbers by 4 in order to get 400 of those. Technically it's not impossible, but next to impossible due to time constraints.

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    I agree, intill they introduse something new a semi-camping is in order, or have a option for lube for 1mill.
    CC Retired 10/22/11 to 12/16/13

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Really i cant believe how Funzio did such a thing.M4A1s were overpowered?Lool to thAt.Everyone could farm it and it was reachable so it wasnt owerpowered.Also weapons which are bought with gold are much stronger so there was nothing wrong with the M4s!Nothing changed except the fun of the game!Money weapons were already more powerful than M4s so why did u nerf M4s??!! Many people are saying the same things but no answer from Funzio that shows how they care about their customers!i just laugh at the idea which see M4 s overpowered!loooool to that!Oh btw if an item is overpowered they should erase all the M4s in the server so they could be fair.But no they said players with 500 M4 s are king of the game and rest of u are loosers.Thank u Funzio clever strategy!

Banned
    Post Count

Post Count
    Whoopdido1980 I agree that in-game cash bought weapons cannot match the M4, DDs but we must now reset our thinking. Weapons with stats with 10 att/def will now be considered good. Personally I would focus on buying items costing less than 1 million. My economy is now at 121K/hr, but even at 500k/hr, it would take a complete income investment of 40 days to get 500 of 1 item costing 1 mill. However everyone at the low and mid levels are in the same boat.

Those who have little patience for camping are disadvantaged now, and their only oulet is spending RM to get strong. But this is precisely what Funzio banks on...t

There are a few items still farmable like the stone hammer and spike hammer, but wouldn't rely on those given Funzio reputation.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by richard118 View Post
    There are a few items still farmable like the stone hammer and spike hammer, but wouldn't rely on those given Funzio reputation.
    Plus those are melee items, which are much less valuable than chain whips. The newest batch of Thug Life missions will get you another 100 plus chain whips if you so desire. I have over 200 of those, so just doing the new Thug Life missions will get me up to close to 350. I won't really need the stone and spike hammers.

Melee and armor really aren't an issue because if you invest enough time you'll be able to buy high end respect items. It's the guns and vehicles that put the low to mid tier players at a disadvantage. But I agree that we just have to move on and change our strategy. I'm just going to continue doing thug life and get as many chain whips as I can.

Post Count
    Whoopdido, I would agree that rp are gonna get you the best items, but again, for me at level 102..if I keep farming rp I will level up. At some point, those "grandfathered-in" HLs with previously farmed 100s of M4s and DDs would kick my ass. If you are low level, then farming rp is reasonable.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by richard118 View Post
    Whoopdido, I would agree that rp are gonna get you the best items, but again, for me at level 102..if I keep farming rp I will level up. At some point, those "grandfathered-in" HLs with previously farmed 100s of M4s and DDs would kick my ass. If you are low level, then farming rp is reasonable.
    No argument here. I think it's pretty well known that the mid tier players like you and me (I'm 112) are the ones hit the hardest by this. Then again, I knew about M4's a long time ago and chose not to farm them until just recently. Double Deckers were never really an option for me because by the time I found out about them, my economy was still too low and it wasn't worth it to me to save for close to 2 weeks to unlock Leila. I gues it's my own fault for not jumping on the M4 bus a long time ago, but like I've said before, I just assumed they were going to be there for the long haul. I guess I was mistaken.

Banned
    Post Count
    The good news is as fast as you are leveling, there are many more levelling faster, so the threshold of where you cross over into the shark infested waters is also moving upwards.

Not sure exactly where it is now, but without farming which has a bigger impact on increasing Exp, I'm thinking that at Level 106 I can still safely complete the new batch of Thug Lifes well before I hit the High Levels.

Anyone clarify where the current cross over point is?

Verbose Veteran whocareswhatmynameis's Avatar
    Post Count
    was lvl 125 a few weeks ago. it may have moved in recent days. will tell you in a few days (currently lvl 124...i've been largely successful in beating past thresholds).
    (updated mar 16 2012)
    CrimeCity: joined 176 days ago; lvl: 124; size: 695; att/def: 25875/31785; $238,993/hr; qwikster --- 783 445 600

ModernWar: AWOL

Banned
    Post Count
    Im sitting pretty at level 124......................... :P

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Burn View Post
    The good news is as fast as you are leveling, there are many more levelling faster, so the threshold of where you cross over into the shark infested waters is also moving upwards.

Not sure exactly where it is now, but without farming which has a bigger impact on increasing Exp, I'm thinking that at Level 106 I can still safely complete the new batch of Thug Lifes well before I hit the High Levels.

Anyone clarify where the current cross over point is?
    Level 130 would be your threshold.

Banned
    Post Count
    Cheers DenZ1

I'd still like to see the threshold to High Level stickied and updated as and when it moves.

Important information for us minnows, be nice to know exactly when we are about to get our ar$es handed to us on a plate.