M4A1 Update!

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: M4A1 Update!

Developer
    Post Count

M4A1 Update!

As there has been much discussion on this issue, we wanted to provide an update. The original M4A1 was an unintentinally overpowered weapon, and was causing a severe imbalance in the game.

The decision to change the item drops rather than nerfing the existing M4A1's across the board was reflective of the amount of time and effort many people have put into obtaining them. We had to fix the on-going imbalance, but we did not and do not want to invalidate the effort that our players have already invested in improving their characters.

Going foward the drop will now be the Rusty M4A1.

Please attach all comments to this issue in this thread.

Post Count
    What about the longevity of the original m4a1 in our inventories? what happens to this part of the weapon?

EDIT: I misunderstood. You have answered this by saying "going forward".
    Last edited by G Wiz; 03-13-2012 at 02:37 PM.
    Goal: To be the richest in Crime City.

Run with me, or run from me.

Stay thirsty my friends.

(CK) COLD Karma

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Are you considering a similar strategy in regards to the Double Decker bus?

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Does the removing of the M4A1 not further imbalance the game when you compare those with 500 to those with none? That's a huge disadvantage for those that were later starting the game!
    CrimeCity
    Doug
    371 311 120
    Level 137
    Income $/h: 1760000
    Owner of: Diamond Sig, Emerald Burner & Evidence Blaster
    23/1/13

Post Count
    Boomer, thank you for the reply. Seeing that Funzio's choice was between nerfing everyone's M4A1s and changing the loot drop, I would say that you chose well. Thank you for letting us keep what we currently have because, as you guessed, there is a substantial amount of time and effort involved in collecting those items. Ideally, I would have liked for them to stick around and continue to drop as they have because looting is a fun dynamic of CC's game-play, but that's not in my control.

I do have a request for the future though. Would it be possible to share changes such as these with the community (i.e. forum) prior to release? I feel this would substantially reduce the anger toward Funzio that's fueled by surprise and confusion when changes occur out of what feels like nowhere. It would probably cut down ont he number of incoming tickets you receive as well; a substantial cost savings.

Out of curiosity, does Funzio post release notes for either client releases and/or server releases? I would very much like to read them if they are available.

Finally, cheers for the creative name. Rusty M4A1 is a fantastic name for the stat-reduced M4A1 successor.

Post Count
    Honestly, I didn't see any imbalance for the original M4A1, since anyone could manage up to 500.

It is changing drop rate or nerfing actually that caused unfair. While changing drop rate only makes the game more changeling, rust it only cause permanent imbalance. If that's what funzio really intended.

Since M4A1s are non consumable, we could no longer beat those who already had a lot of M4A1, UNLESS we buy gold.

I think funzio's ultimate goal for this downgrade is to make money, so stop claiming "imbalance" please.
    Last edited by Alice; 03-13-2012 at 03:14 PM.
    No Gold Forever

IPH 28m

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Alice View Post
    I think the ultimate goal for this downgrade is to make money!
    Be honest, isn't everyones?

@Nicholost well said bro.
    CC Ghost Level: 156 Attack: 56,885 Defense: 61,046 Income: $334,914

KA Ghost Level: 50 Attack: 12,178 Defense: 16,051 Income: 2570
    293-015-965

New Concept - Event With Teams Thread

Kingdom Age iOS Beginners Guide

Et Tu Brute?

Nothing Changes Unless You Make It Change

Where I Come From, People Don't Talk Unless They Have Something To Say

Power Resides Where Men Believe It Resides

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholost View Post
    I do have a request for the future though. Would it be possible to share changes such as these with the community (i.e. forum) prior to release? I feel this would substantially reduce the anger toward Funzio that's fueled by surprise and confusion when changes occur out of what feels like nowhere.
    I 2nd that.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    As with most games that include purchasable in game currency, money is always a top priority. But with the hopes of increasing revenue comes the need for players to participate. By letting us keep our previously farmed items, Funzio is giving us a gift. Now, most gifts come with a price, and this one certainly did. But hey, what would you do if 1% of your players had a strategy to become hopelessly overpowered against the majority of the non gold players out there? You don't want to cause, and this is my opinion, a bad reaction.

If, and I say IF, those were the only two options available for Funzio, the. They definitely chose the correct one. But could we please have some explanation/previous notice the next time this happens?
    RETIRED

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost818 View Post
    Be honest, isn't everyones?
    Agreed, so stop saying "severe imbalance" anymore please, funzio.
    No Gold Forever

IPH 28m

Steady Scribe
    Post Count

Lightbulb

I think, farming the m4a1 was my main goal. I think i better start camping now, because there is nothing better to do. Which problably makes me stop this game in two weeks.

Post Count
    Thanks for the update. Better late than never.
    GREE(D) is trying to put the fun back into Funzio.

Consistent Contributor PhantomNine's Avatar
    Post Count
    I am so upset with Funzio, they took a good game and totally fudged it up. Farming those M4A1s was one of the reasons why I played. It truly made my day to get one of those and now I've really nothing to hold my interest. I'm sure that this move by Funzio, will not garnish any new players (negative word of mouth) but instead will lose alot of us older players.

Post Count
    Atleast we can move on now!
    Goal: To be the richest in Crime City.

Run with me, or run from me.

Stay thirsty my friends.

(CK) COLD Karma

Post Count
    I don't like the nerf, because of everyone who already got 2-500 of them. I will, however, continue to play the game. If people choose to leave the game because of one item (old timers), it should be easier for everyone who farms the rusty to stand a chance later on.

In the future, as mentioned before, do include the forums users though.

CC: 189k/173k
    Without syndicate

MW: 817 804 062