So Long and Thanks for All the Fish

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So Long and Thanks for All the Fish

Post Count

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish

I am officially announcing my retirement from Crime City and Modern War. I would like to transition my “capital” as smoothly as possible. The major resources are:

Crime City Money Buildings Spreadsheet

The URL may stay in perpetuity if desired. In the case that new ownership cannot be determined in a timely fashion, I have granted edit permissions to duder.

Modern War General Spreadsheet

This spreadsheet is public, but someone should claim ownership to access rollbacks. I nominate EnjoyLife. Sorry, I’ve lost your email address, so please resend if you’re interested.

Economy Comparison

Naturally, someone will need to volunteer to keep this alive. The most tedious part of the process is checking everyone’s hoods. Of course, submissions may be done voluntarily, thus obviating this time-consuming process. Be aware that, as discovered recently, a player’s [non-]Tycoon [non-]bonus applies to others’ stats. I can send a spreadsheet of participant (Tycoon) history (and codes) if desired. Otherwise there’s enough info in the thread to generate a full history.

After running this topic for three months, I am quite familiar with the behavior of the mafia list and can give pointers in this regard. Also I have a quasi-automated procedure for generating the BBCode tables.

Unfinished business

There are a few items in which I have not followed through. I will do my best to fulfill my promises but understand that with my diminished interest items may be left unresolved.

Merging my spreadsheet with TLoord’s

“Payout Algorithm Explained” was my first post and the intention was to improve the quality of TLoord’s spreadsheet. After some back and forth in the thread, Allhaildiscordia generated the base template for a new, complete money buildings spreadsheet, and I added performance metrics onto it. I had the intention of merging the work with TLoord’s after things stabilized, but they never did. I was constantly adding things, adjusting, etc. and eventually more people were visiting my sheet than TLoord’s.

Generating equipment/unit data

I don’t think there’s much interest on the Crime City side, but with Modern War, which has consumable (explosive) rates for all units (equipment), there’s moderately heavy interest. I promised Maverick50727 a process to quickly generate unit data from the latest plist, which can be acquired without a jailbroken iOS device. The process uses xslt transforms to generate HTML tables, which can be imported into Excel. It’s not exactly an elegant process but still generates quick results. By examining the syntax it should be somewhat obvious how to generate tables from other plist files.

Revised economy plan suggestions

Include gold buildings:
    • Ice Cream Shop (already there)
    • Smoke Shop (duh)
    • Techno Club (in addition to or in lieu of Laundromat push)
    • Empire Theater (sandwiched between Ice Cream Shop and Italian Restaurant)
    • Wedding Chapel and everything above except Adult Movie Theater

For gold-equivalent buildings, filter ROI column based on “marquee” Type-A upgrade (e.g. Movie Theater, Loft, Nightclub) then sort by $/hr gain. You will get a progressive list of affordable Type B upgrades that generate decent income.

Recommended alternative sources for actionable economy advice: deuces, downrange, duder, Murf, Plux, ShawnBB, TemplarX.

?????

Along the line I’m sure I said I’d do other stuff that I never did. Let me know what it is and I’ll do my best to follow through. Also let me know if there’s any specific knowledge that I should impart.

Closing Statements

I have enjoyed above all else the community aspect of this game. Without it I would have lost interest months ago. Thank you Funzio and community for 3+ months of fun! It’s been a long time since I’ve been this involved in a video game. Any discussion where a response is expected from me should be conducted via email, which can be done via “Send Email” option in my profile or by contacting the (current) owner of the money buildings spreadsheet. Please do not send me private messages. Not only will I stop checking the forum in a few days, but the private messaging system requires too much active management with the 50 message limit. Funzio is invited to engage me for feedback if they wish to do so.

One final request: could someone post a note on my CC & MW walls referencing my retirement and this forum thread? I have already deleted the games and do not wish to reinstall them. It would be much appreciated.

Post Count
    Huge loss - you will be missed
    Kaen - CC:
    Macros the Black - KA
    Wolverine - MW

"A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day."

"Reality continues to ruin my life"

Post Count
    To say I'm sorry to see this announcement would be a gross understatement. Your contribution to the CC community has been invaluable and I was looking forward to seeing your ongoing ascendency through the levels and witnessing how your economy evolved. All the best in your future (game-playing and otherwise) endeavours.

Best Wishes,

AppleMacGuy.
    Regards,
    AppleMacGuy.

Crime City
    Level 250 Income Per Hour $146,248,304 Mafia 500
    Attack 2,364,239,212 Defence 974,352,977 Fights Won 348,349 Robberies Won 134,524

Kingdom Age
    Level 232 Income Per Hour 181,242 Gold Allies 497
    Attack 2,303,184,218 Defence 1,626,489,130 Battles Won 97,313 Raids Won 39,171

Post Count
    Whoa, this seems kind of out of the blue. Three days ago, you were all in and rocking. What convinced you to make the decision to hang it up?

Sad to see you go, dude. You and Natas are the only two people who posted anything on my wall. Now it's just Natas.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    TS,

Thank you for the contributions,
    you are one class act and will be missed.
    Take Care

Post Count
    Damn i really do think the world is ending, first the people farming m4s go ballistic, and now one of the most valuable members of this forum is retireing. Where the hell is my absinthe when i need it. You will be greatly missed TS, good luck in your future where ever you may be.
    Best regards,
    Ghost, the guy who would constantly message you for advice.
    CC Ghost Level: 156 Attack: 56,885 Defense: 61,046 Income: $334,914

KA Ghost Level: 50 Attack: 12,178 Defense: 16,051 Income: 2570
    293-015-965

New Concept - Event With Teams Thread

Kingdom Age iOS Beginners Guide

Et Tu Brute?

Nothing Changes Unless You Make It Change

Where I Come From, People Don't Talk Unless They Have Something To Say

Power Resides Where Men Believe It Resides

Post Count
    Is this a joke?

You were one of the first few forum members I've met when I first signed on here. If it wasn't for you, I would never have felt so welcomed You contributed so much to this forum that most people associated your name with it. It's not gonna be the same Thanks for all the stats and probability information that can give any girl a headache, and most importantly, the one-liners that always make me laugh. I was waiting for you to level up to within my range, remove you from my mob list, and attack you like crazy. Guess that won't be possible anymore.

I'm really happy I've met ya. Take care buddy.
    Teach me how to dougie!!!

Lurker
    Post Count
    Thanks for all your help and for making the forum entertaining

Post Count
    Thanks TS, really enjoyed having you here.

You have won the game.
    Bandito - Level 200
    Indian

Banned
    Post Count
    This is a bigger loss then them nerfing the M4's.

Thanks conzio for the totalitarian way your running the forum and game.
    Got everyone playing on egg shells.

I'm going to sit and cry and that not even a joke.

Post Count
    Fondest farewell! Sorry to see you go... You're already missed.

*wipes away tears*

((((((((TS))))))))

Post Count
    Thanks for all your valuable contributions - you know they were greatly appreciated! Best wishes...
    regfretino ~ lvl 198

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Thank you very much for your advice, for interesting discussions and your humor!
    You will be missed, but each game, or style of game, can only be fun so long.
    Crime City: 679 564 057 - Modern War: 951 868 702 - Kingdom Age: 440 364 604

Post Count
    U rock thanks for ALL the HELP!

Post Count
    Thanks for all the help Tramp Stamp. I will miss your sense of humor, and checking on your hood! Take care.