Skill points

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Skill points

Post Count

Skill points

Can someone explain the impact of att & def skill points? Do they boost you power when attacking or defending and if so by how much..... Thanks
    Shoot for the moon and even if you miss you will end up among the stars

Banned
    Post Count
    To answer your question, can only be speculated.
    Only conzio can answer that question.

In my opinion, I'd say they do.
    How is the question?
    Basically skill point on your attack and defense are increases in the probability in winning the rob or fight.
    If you like to know more ask.

Post Count
    They act as a multiplier to your attack and defence
    Iliketurtles

Cc - 278096535

Post Count
    I invested nearly all my skill points in the beginning into energy and stamina. I had decent attk/def but got robbed all the time by players way below my defense - and it was not that I had an artificially inflated defense score because of defense building higher than level 2. Since then - around level 80 - I have always used my 3 skill points for 2 def and 1 attck. I am now lvl 139 and since level 100 my investment has paid off. I now have 119 def and 77 attck. I get robbed and loose but mostly by rivals higher than my defense or just below it. I always advise to get the one extra skill point if you bring your map locations to lvl 5. This gives you an extra skill point and for the lower map items doesn't require a lot of energy. I am right now at lvl 4 on Artist Quarter. I personally believe that skill points for attack and defense are really undervalued by most players. I don't know where but there is a comment of one of the Funzio Developers on this forum that skill points can easily add up to thousands of def/attk points. You just can't see them. By the way I did the same in Modern War from the beginning and it holds true there as well. IMHO

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    If you are over level 100 each point equals 10 attack or defense

Post Count
    Thanks guys for all your advise. I need to start building these skill points up.

Post Count
    So far, I think I am better off with stamina than attack points.

Maybe at higher levels things will change, but right now I have so many targets that I can beat on my rivals list that I burn right through my stamina.
    GREE(D) is trying to put the fun back into Funzio.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Swifty View Post
    So far, I think I am better off with stamina than attack points.

Maybe at higher levels things will change, but right now I have so many targets that I can beat on my rivals list that I burn right through my stamina.
    Yes, it changes at higher levels. Having lots of energy and stamina is very useful, but the attack and defense categories shouldn't be ignored. IMO of course. Personally, if I put the points into energy, usually all 3 points from leveling up go into it. If I want stamina (and I wish i thought about this earlier in the game), I spend 2 points and bank the 3rd, and next level I spend 4 points. +3 stamina in two levels. If only I had spent skill points on stamina that wisely in the start. F-you foresight.

For attack and defense, I strongly favored attack at first and I still do, but I am trying to slowly bring that defense up. I have an imperfect balance strategy. It's not really balanced, but the difference stays the same for the most part. The nice thing about defense points is seeing that one line of green in a sea of red, knowing someone probably thought you were an easy target and wasted a stamina point on an unexpected loss.
    Last edited by dudeman; 02-28-2012 at 05:43 PM.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by dude man
    For attack and defense, I strongly favored attack at first and I still do, but I am trying to slowly bring that defense up. I have an imperfect balance strategy. It's not really balanced, but the difference stays the same for the most part. The nice thing about defense points is seeing that one line of green in a sea of red, knowing someone probably thought you were an easy target and wasted a stamina point on an unexpected loss.
    I agree Dudeman, thanks

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Euchred View Post
    If you are over level 100 each point equals 10 attack or defense
    That's the common wisdom on this forum but nobody has the facts and nobody knows for sure. I yesterday got attacked by somebody with 10000 attk higher than my real defense and I lost 7 times but won 3 times. I'm just relating to my empirical experience.

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by helpme View Post
    That's the common wisdom on this forum but nobody has the facts and nobody knows for sure. I yesterday got attacked by somebody with 10000 attk higher than my real defense and I lost 7 times but won 3 times. I'm just relating to my empirical experience.
    Actually right now that is for sure how it works. It's subject to change though.

Post Count
    But if there is a very large random element, then that would explain some of the non-intuitive results.
    GREE(D) is trying to put the fun back into Funzio.

Post Count
    Simply as we don't know the facts it's hard to determine the best way forward but i think I will start to build them up see how it goes. My stamina is as high as I need it, so I'll start building up the def skill points, fingers crossed

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by helpme View Post
    It's in the game data. The Random factor has more to do with it that skill points. Hence the reason you lost 7 but won 3. If it would have been due to skill points you would have won 10.

Here's the thread about the skill points being in game data.
    http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...250#post100250
    Last edited by blondealex; 02-29-2012 at 06:02 AM.
    Game Name: Saint
    MW - Leader of Original Black Ops