It is amazing . . .

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: It is amazing . . .

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count

It is amazing . . .

That at level 90 and above, how few lofts and other higher level buildings are present. I am constantly amazed at how people have moved into the higher levels without any decent economic backing.

Lurker
    Post Count
    I've noticed the same thing. They also seem to have poor attack / defense.

Post Count
    Damn, with all the farming done, there's nothing to rob! x'O
    Pay the game the way it's meant to be payed!

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvio View Post
    That at level 90 and above, how few lofts and other higher level buildings are present. I am constantly amazed at how people have moved into the higher levels without any decent economic backing.
    I get the money I need from other peoples high level buildings.
    Though I Wander I Am Not Lost... ~ CS
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of the women ~ Conan
    Quit CC on 5.16.12 .. lvl 146 .. Attacks 30339 Wins / 141 Losses .. Robberies 13838 Wins / 45 Losses
    Quit KA & MW on 7.06.12 .. Stats = Couldnt Care Less.
    FUNZIO got too GREEdy!

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Kind of missed my point didn't you counter sniper? How many hoods you have to visit to find those high level buildings?

Post Count
    Same thing on level 60. I must be the only person with 2 lofts and 2 mt.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvio View Post
    Kind of missed my point didn't you counter sniper? How many hoods you have to visit to find those high level buildings?
    No, I didnt miss your point. It does appear that you missed my point though. I'm one of those people without a lot of hi lvl buildings.

Yet amazingly I have a decent economy by upgrading the regular buildings and robbing the people who fell prey to the "high level buildings makes them better than everyone else" scenario. My stats are great and my economy is fine by robbing people with hi lvl buildings. In addition by not having those attractive buildings I am a less palatable target.

I have absolutely no problem finding hi value targets but then again a lot of people (you perhaps?) thinks having very hi allie counts makes them cool as well and by doing so they actually shrink their list of available prey.

Will I get hi value buildings eventually, yes, but quite frankly its not my main priority. Solidifying my att/def numbers even at a self imposed slower pace is key. I see so many people with incredibly lavish hoods and hi lvl buildings with pitiful att/def numbers, why?, because they put all their money in their pretty buildings.
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of the women ~ Conan
    Quit CC on 5.16.12 .. lvl 146 .. Attacks 30339 Wins / 141 Losses .. Robberies 13838 Wins / 45 Losses
    FUNZIO got too GREEdy!

Articulate Author
    Post Count

camping out

I'm staying put in the 70s level until I get my lofts and enough defense to ward off robberies.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by CounterSniper View Post
    No, I didnt miss your point. It does appear that you missed my point though. I'm one of those people without a lot of hi lvl buildings.

Yet amazingly I have a decent economy by upgrading the regular buildings and robbing the people who fell prey to the "high level buildings makes them better than everyone else" scenario. My stats are great and my economy is fine by robbing people with hi lvl buildings. In addition by not having those attractive buildings I am a less palatable target.

I have absolutely no problem finding hi value targets but then again a lot of people (you perhaps?) thinks having very hi allie counts makes them cool as well and by doing so they actually shrink their list of available prey.

Will I get hi value buildings eventually, yes, but quite frankly its not my main priority. Solidifying my att/def numbers even at a self imposed slower pace is key. I see so many people with incredibly lavish hoods and hi lvl buildings with pitiful att/def numbers, why?, because they put all their money in their pretty buildings.
    High level buildings make them better than everyone else? LOL....that's quite a leap.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
    High level buildings make them better than everyone else? LOL....that's quite a leap.
    Whatever you say, Genius.
    FUNZIO got too GREEdy!

Post Count
    @kt3448

I just collect my Lofts and and MTs before people are able to rob them
    I have a minor dilemma now though, as I upgraded my loft and it is out of sync. Debating whether I should let it stay overnight to get get it back on track. Thus giving someone the great joy of robbing a level 2 loft

CC: 189k/173k
    Without syndicate

MW: 817 804 062

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Let it ride. Make some one happy.
    CC Retired 10/22/11 to 12/16/13

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    @countersniper

Clearly you and I are not talking about the same thing. There are myriad ways to play this game, but there are only three revenue sources: PvP, robberies, and economy. Clearly your definition of economy is broad enough to include all three revenue streams, where my original comment was only pointing at the economy (read: revenue from your own buildings) revenue stream.

You can certainly play this game to high levels without a strong economy - but you have to supplant the lost economy revenue stream with increased revenue through PvP and robberies, which is a play style you clearly have embraced.

My point in this post is: why let a key revenue stream languish below where it could be? It is surprising to me not to maximize all three revenue streams. (although I understand that others may not think along these lines).

And by the way, having lofts doesn't make me feel better than anyone else. I'm secure enough in my own self esteem to not have a game define my self worth. ;-)

Banned
    Post Count
    Keep leveling at L130+ it is very rare to see a hood without at the very least gents clubs and at least 3/5 have most gold buildings and most good non gold buildings

Post Count
    I'll back up Silvio. I'm surprised how long shanty towns have lasted.