Saved 18,000 Respect Points. What to spend on? - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Saved 18,000 Respect Points. What to spend on?

Banned
    Post Count
    So the matchmaking with your enemies is done on mafia only?

If I cut it down to 300 I would only be matched with people with 300 mafia?

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    I don't think saving respect points is a good idea....
    Buy the items once you have the points.. it makes you stronger for the next attack / robbery and increases your chances of success...

As far as what to spend them on... I have 300 NVBs and 150 Yams... haven't regretted either decision...
    Exceleros are too expensive until you reach a stage where you have a full mafia and the weakest guy in your mob is bringing home at least 25 atk/defence... then you can think of such luxuries...
    M4s take care of guns... so you don't really need the Shotguns...
    Melee, most ppl on this forum recommend the Chain Whip... but I like the Serrated Blade as well...
    ... the hoods are lovely, dark and deep...

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    I saved up about 35k of respect in the beginning of the Thug Life missions but ended up spending them on Yamahas, i switched from yamahas after 300 and am currently on 225 NVG's aiming for 250-300 on them before going on exceleros for a while =)

My Advice is to spend it, it does you no good in the bank, if you want to make sure u spend it on something good, spend it on the high tier stuff even though NVG's and Yamas are better / respect spent in the beginning.

I'm around your level also, got myself up to 98k/hour now thanks to reading this forum from lvl 35 and forward! around 22k att and 24k def also thanks to this lovely forum.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Mig View Post
    Well my stats are actually not that bad for my level. Not amazing, but better than most people. I don't get attacked much, I don't lose much, and when I do attack people I only attack those that I know I can win. So there is not necessarily much advantage to spending it all now if I can invest it wisely for later on, as long as I ensure I'm strong at the moment - which I am.

Also, you're advising spending it on Exceleros but I need to wait a long time until lv 115 for those so that's why I was saving it.

Ahhh... Its been a while since I was level 115 so forgot that they are not available to you yet.

If you can beat most people at your level then you should definitely just save for the exceleros.

If it helps you gauge what stats you are going to need, when you hit about level 124, all players upto level 200 will see you.

My stats are level 157,

attack - 42,962
    Defence - 47,525

I am not particularly strong for my level.
    Last edited by Joeycool; 02-15-2012 at 07:52 AM.

Post Count
    +40k attack and defense seems like a long way off.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Mig View Post
    So the matchmaking with your enemies is done on mafia only?

If I cut it down to 300 I would only be matched with people with 300 mafia?
    Can not be 100% sure but when I had 500 mafia's I was getting robbed/attacked around 150 times in 24 hour now aslong I don't leave a building for over 4 hours I will very rarely get att/rob even if I do I win 90% of the time.
    Now the point is don't you think if having 500 mafia was a great advantage. I would of re-added my mafia.

Plus I posted something on that earlier

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...anyone-noticed

Post Count
    I think it is crazy to save RP. I mean seriously...
    Bandito - Level 200
    Indian

Post Count
    If you can save respect and still be successful, then go for it.

I have to spend every respect point just to stay afloat. And barely at that.

Post Count
    I banked until Chain Whips. It worked out for me.

Lurker
    Post Count
    For those who question why people save RP, I would point to my inventory which contains 246 Tommy Guns and 115 Mustangs.

They made sense in terms of increase in att/def per RP at the time, but now I would like my 50,000 RP back.

I am sitting on 150,000 RP now (thank you PvP goals!) while I try and decide what to do...

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemax View Post
    For those who question why people save RP, I would point to my inventory which contains 246 Tommy Guns and 115 Mustangs.

They made sense in terms of increase in att/def per RP at the time, but now I would like my 50,000 RP back.

I am sitting on 150,000 RP now (thank you PvP goals!) while I try and decide what to do...
    I wouldn't feel too bad about the mustangs and tommy guns. They probably had lots of good use and without them you would have had major difficulties in PvP & robberies. Of course their utility diminishes as better equipment becomes available but they were an important stepping stone.

Post Count

Talking CHAIN WHIPS!!

Definitely chain whips.

The marginal (or relative) benefit of chain whips over the other melee loot and money items is higher than the marginal benefit of any other respect item compared to the money and loot items in its class.

In working out the marginal benefit you have to factor in firstly the price in respect points for the marginal benefit obtained compared to the next best item in its class, secondly the availability, drop rates and attack and defence stats of competing PvC and PvP loot items in the same class, and thirdly factor in that you will be going for the best PvC loot items in whichever class.

There are no decent PvC loot items in the melee class, there's no money melee items that come close to chain whips and even the cheap gold items like viking wrist bands are not as good. Meanwhile, you're going to be going after M4A1s, double deckers, and the various armours and suits in all the other classes, thereby diminishing the marginal benefits of shotguns, RPGs, Exeleros and body armour.

I would say Exeleros are the next best but they cost about 50% more and provide a lower marginal benefit in defence.

Thirdly body armour, but the very good PvP and PvC armour loot items (think police and urban warfare vests, NATO gas masks etc), and also the relatively affordable money armour with decent stats gives it a lower marginal benefit for a higher cost.

RPGs and shotguns are last because obviously M4A1s substantially diminish their value.

I haven't considered the second tier respect items. Why would you?

To sum up, chain whips are not only the best in their class but they are the best value respect item all round.
    Last edited by Theonhr; 02-15-2012 at 10:30 PM. Reason: Typo

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    yeah dude nvb then chain whip. u will be dying a wealthy man