Never stop upping you D, even if you think you have enough.

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Never stop upping you D, even if you think you have enough.

Banned
    Post Count

Never stop upping you D, even if you think you have enough.

This is especially true for HL players. I was looking at someone's game who is a Level 82 player, and I saw many players on his rival list with stats equal to, or higher than mine (23,000 attack/29,000 defense). That was pretty scary to see. A lot of these newbs coming up are going to be very tough. Just thought I'd warn people.

Post Count
    Agreed, I have started seeing many more people with M4's than I did even a couple weeks ago. Far more people educating themselves in forums now. I can't imagine what my stats would be like if I had become a forum member earlier.

Banned
    Post Count
    My defense stat has been one giant struggle right from the start. It seems low yet I am able to fend off most attempts on me, the big exception to that being HL players who can see me and kick my ass every time.

I'm not really sure what I'm doing wrong. I know I am seriously lacking in M4A1s, but I have no control over drop rates so there isn't much I can do about that.

If the up-and-comers are going to be that strong, what can I do for my defense before it's too late?

Post Count
    Cha! All of them will have 500 M4's before lvl100.
    2 types of players coming up: those with M4's & those without.

sorry, not turning this into anotha' M4 thread, I swear!
    Thanks for the warning, J.J.

Post Count
    I have really started to like the Bodyguard Agencies. You can buy them easily with Tapjoy and the upgrades are really cheap and fast.

Post Count
    I estimate having more M4 A1s than max mafia members somewhere around level 70. The Army Base Double Decker location doesn't open up until level 86, so I might have 500 before I start farming those. I guess it'd be something like S&M Chokers to fill the void, I dunno.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by blondealex View Post
    I have really started to like the Bodyguard Agencies. You can buy them easily with Tapjoy and the upgrades are really cheap and fast.
    I thought about doing that, but I decided I would rather put the free gold towards increasing my unimpressive economy. Doing that will allow me to afford better items and more expensive building upgrades, including defense building upgrades.

I'm beginning to wonder if my weak economy could be to blame for my defense stat being far lower than I would like it to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Vile Lynn View Post
    Thanks for the warning, J.J.
    Where are my manners. Thanks for the heads up J.J.

Post Count
    I would love to beef up my D if I knew what that really meant. The game metrics leave that a mystery. I have 35K in defense and someone with 18k just robbed me. Wondering why even bother?

Dudeman, your stats were really unusual, which is why I attacked you a few days ago. You had about 25k attack and a little over 20k defense. I was surprised aith 20k attack to actually drop a fight to you. I have never seen someone in the game with 20% more attack than defense, at least at your level. Not sure how you managed that, or if those stats were befoire you bought your fleet of Exceleros, but that level of imbalance at this level is unusual. Most people have more defense than attack.

Verbose Veteran whocareswhatmynameis's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by blondealex View Post
    this idea would have been great were it not for the defense building debacle. defense building stats as advertised are not really what you get at the end. imho, upgrading past level 3 is not a cost effective proposition. given this fact, gold defense buildings incl. bodyguard agency are not worth investing in. if your economy is decent, go for gatling turrets instead.
    Last edited by whocareswhatmynameis; 01-30-2012 at 09:42 AM. Reason: replaced missile with gatling
    (updated mar 16 2012)
    CrimeCity: joined 176 days ago; lvl: 124; size: 695; att/def: 25875/31785; $238,993/hr; qwikster --- 783 445 600

ModernWar: AWOL

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
    I would love to beef up my D if I knew what that really meant. The game metrics leave that a mystery. I have 35K in defense and someone with 18k just robbed me. Wondering why even bother?

Dudeman, your stats were really unusual, which is why I attacked you a few days ago. You had about 25k attack and a little over 20k defense. I was surprised aith 20k attack to actually drop a fight to you. I have never seen someone in the game with 20% more attack than defense, at least at your level. Not sure how you managed that, or if those stats were befoire you bought your fleet of Exceleros, but that level of imbalance at this level is unusual. Most people have more defense than attack.
    The answer is actually very simple. I stocked 500 anthrax grenades. I made it to 10 napalm and decided that those are not economical for me at this point. If not for attack explosives my stats would appear completely normal... only I would be about 6k weaker in attack.

Explosives are tricky and unreliable though (specifically attack explosives as I do not use defense explosives). Players with far lower defense than my attack can set them off, even when I win. It wasn't until late last night that I picked up on a small detail that can be an indicator of how at risk the explosives are. I'm still trying to verify that though.

Before anyone asks, I still have the old explosives prices and consumption rates.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by dudeman View Post
    The answer is actually very simple. I stocked 500 anthrax grenades. I made it to 10 napalm and decided that those are not economical for me at this point. If not for attack explosives my stats would appear completely normal... only I would be about 6k weaker in attack.

Explosives are tricky and unreliable though (specifically attack explosives as I do not use defense explosives). Players with far lower defense than my attack can set them off, even when I win. It wasn't until late last night that I picked up on a small detail that can be an indicator of how at risk the explosives are. I'm still trying to verify that though.

Before anyone asks, I still have the old explosives prices and consumption rates.
    Ah, that would explain it. I often forget to look in that area.

I use Molotov's for my Canary in a Coal Mine strategy, not to build actually numbers.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
    Ah, that would explain it. I often forget to look in that area.

I use Molotov's for my Canary in a Coal Mine strategy, not to build actually numbers.
    I've started watching the avatar actions more closely. If I think it's going to be a really close fight I will make sure to wait until I can see the rival's avatar clearly before attacking.

If they bring a knife (or worse) to a gun fight, they don't stand a chance. If I see them pull out a gun, I'm gone after one fight, regardless of the result. If a rival shows a knife, bat, or bare fists, my explosives are safe and I can fire away.

Like I said, still verifying that, but so far my theory is holding.

That being said, it's of no use to me in determining how well I defend against rivals.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by dudeman View Post
    I've started watching the avatar actions more closely. If I think it's going to be a really close fight I will make sure to wait until I can see the rival's avatar clearly before attacking.

If they bring a knife (or worse) to a gun fight, they don't stand a chance. If I see them pull out a gun, I'm gone after one fight, regardless of the result. If a rival shows a knife, bat, or bare fists, my explosives are safe and I can fire away.

Like I said, still verifying that, but so far my theory is holding.

That being said, it's of no use to me in determining how well I defend against rivals.

This is very interesting. Will try this theory myself.. let's keep in touch!

Post Count
    I thought the avatar actions were common knowledge. dudeman has it exactly right: "If you see a gun, run. If you see fists, feel bliss."

Post Count
    Hmm so your going off of avatar Weaponry?

Maybe its funzios way of showing their secret defense level from low-fists, medium-knives, or high-guns...interesting debate however I feel like funzio wasnt this particular for some reason
    Goal: To be the richest in Crime City.

Run with me, or run from me.

Stay thirsty my friends.

(CK) COLD Karma