But I don't wanna turtle......

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: But I don't wanna turtle......

Banned
    Post Count

But I don't wanna turtle......

I'm nearing level 70 and my income is only $13235/hr and my attack/defense stats aren't exceptional. I really hate the idea of not farming/trying to really do anything but build an economy, but it seems like that might be the best solution right now. Thoughts on the matter?

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Er, to spout advice folks have streamed before:

Drop mafia?
    Farm M1A4s?
    Make certain your atk/mafia reaches a certain threshold (is it 30? 40? 50? what do I know, I'm at 12)?
    Keep attacking and robbing opponents to build up respect, then use it wisely (nvb? yamas? chain whips?)?

My thoughts:
    If you can get a good atk/mafia, you can probably strongly augment your cash flow by attacking high value (in terms of $) buildings like high level warehouses, houses, and (?) gun shops; maybe beachside inns, internet companies, leveled up MTs, and lofts too.
    You can also target high respect buildings (meat stores, clothing stores) and build your respect up that way.
    I guess you can also try to farm good pvp drops too... though that seems more uncertain

I don't know whether you'd consider this turtling, but you'll be using all your energy and all your respect

... and folks think all I do is pay attention to economics posts...
    Last edited by duder; 01-19-2012 at 08:11 AM.
    -duder
    Crime City: 674 597 607

Modern War: 749 606 018

Banned
    Post Count
    I don't really understand the concept of dropping mafia. Mafia members only help you by being in fights when they occur, right? They don't make you more visible or less visible on the rivals list, and it doesn't seem like a good strategy to not have people helping you fight.

I just feel grossly under-leveled in attack/defense for the level I'm at. I figure getting a stronger economy going will help out at least a little.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I was under the impression that mafia did still restrict the rivals list (though maybe not to the extent that it used to)?

Again, this is just my take, but if your economy is that woefully short, don't worry about your defense (what do you lose if you get robbed?), worry about being able to see rivals you can beat. The screenshots I've seen, seem to indicate that generally, you'll still see folks around your mafia level in your rival list. If you have a high atk/mafia, and you mostly see rivals with a similar number of mafia, it goes to reason that your overall atk will be higher than their overall defense. This means you will be able to beat up a larger % of your rivals list.

Again, this is my take, but I would think the key here is to generate the most that you can from your stamina. If you have a large number of rivals that you can pillage over and over again, you'll be able to get more out of your stamina than if you have to constantly refresh your rivals list to find a good target.

At the end of the day, take my advice with a grain of salt - I'm freaking level 9, and I haven't been in the mines where you are. Further, once I get there, I'll have a completely skewed view based on the overall strategy I'm pursuing. If you post a little more information (like your attack/defense/mafia size and maybe something about where the bulk of your attack comes from), folks who have been there might be able to give some more concrete advice.
    -duder
    Crime City: 674 597 607

Modern War: 749 606 018

Banned
    Post Count
    I don't really understand the concept of dropping mafia. Mafia members only help you by being in fights when they occur, right? They don't make you more visible or less visible on the rivals list, and it doesn't seem like a good strategy to not have people helping you fight.
    I fullty agree, I see ppl in my rivals that have less tha 100 mafia at times (Im lvl125) . Just sems silly. Get your mafia's sorted out. By Higher level you WILL need them.

I got good mafia att/def, and whne I do th calculation I havw over 60att per mafia, but reducing from 500 to 499 only takes 32 att offl

Add to 400-500 and enter the real game.

Banned
    Post Count

My "Fights Lost" is largely due to the fact that I didn't do ANY PvP till around lvl 50 and so didn't care too much about defense or attack. Actually, my whole set of robbery and fight stats are crappy because of this reason Personal attack/defense is 26/20. I have 85 M4A1's which account for about half of my attack, the rest is just from random weapons and 23 SGs (5 or 6 other melee weapons with comparable att stats). The fact that I didn't do PvP for a while and now I have to pointedly search my rivals list for someone to attack (like, maybe 2 or 3 on the initial 50 are weak enough for me to attack) makes PvPing for loot and such more difficult for me than for most (I assume).

Post Count
    Do you have a decent stamina? If not, build up your stamina and fight like hell. Loot from pvp helped me major in the mid-levels, I never had to buy any weapons. So just fight a lot to get weapons from loot, that will really raise your stats.

Post Count
    What have you been spending respect on? I have 220 mafia and a few levels below, I too have 84 m4 s or so but have like 6500 attack. I have 2 exc car things, 96 nvb and 50 yams. You need a lot more armour so try investing in nvbs?

Verbose Veteran whocareswhatmynameis's Avatar
    Post Count
    you are in serious trouble. your att/defense stats are probably in the lowest 10 percentile for your level as demonstrated by the high loss ratio and your admission that it is difficult to find opponents for PvP. although lowering mafia size may not have the allure that it once held, i would still recommend that you downsize to 50-100. this may provide you with a respectable attack ratio (since you already have 85 M4A1s) and a more competitive rival list. your new situation will allow you to collect respect points and PvP loots. you can concomitantly work on your economy- build new buildings and upgrade existing ones. the climb from low stats will be difficult but not impossible. you just need to have patience! good luck!
    (updated mar 16 2012)
    CrimeCity: joined 176 days ago; lvl: 124; size: 695; att/def: 25875/31785; $238,993/hr; qwikster --- 783 445 600

ModernWar: AWOL

Post Count
    do not invest into the low or mid tier respect items, invest in only the high items like chainwhips and combat gear,

with all these new thug life and hardcore hitman missions, it is very possible to obtain 500 of each. and you will be better off in the long run
    seeya wouldnt wanna be ya!

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohaithere View Post
    What have you been spending respect on? I have 220 mafia and a few levels below, I too have 84 m4 s or so but have like 6500 attack. I have 2 exc car things, 96 nvb and 50 yams. You need a lot more armour so try investing in nvbs?
    If you look at my fights/robberies won you'll see that I haven't gotten a great deal of RPs. The ones I have gotten have been used on NVBs though. When I do fight I usually just rob though, should I make more of an effort to attack instead of just rob?

Post Count
    Don't blind attack, try doing the fighting goals you get set then you get given rp and items. Just go to a hood, check out their profile to see If they have weaker stats than you and if so attack, that way you can get through goals easily and quickly.

Post Count
    With numbers like that, turtling is practically a requirement at this point.

The strongest players in this game are fighters or real money spenders. Those are your options. I would starting doing nothing but PvP and farming M4s. Robbing is a lure because of the immediate cash payout, but it never drops weapons like fighting does. That is why you are so far behind.

Start fighting or get out the credit card.

Post Count
    I tried using search button but can't figure how to post screen shot, any help? I can take them but ot sure how to copy paste here

Banned
    Post Count
    Upload it to www.imageshack.us that's all I did.

So what should I buy with my economy money? It seems the gun I need comes from looting, the armor and melee I need will come from RPs, explosives I can (obviously) and I don't really know much about vehicles, like where to get the best ones.