Does low allie strategy working again?

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Does low allie strategy working again?

Articulate Author digitalwalker's Avatar
    Post Count

Does low allie strategy working again?

Hi all, the story is, few weeks ago, my high level account (49) was playing the low allie strategy with allies around 20ish, I was fine for a long period, however when I woke up in one morning, I found I have lost 700k by attacking from someone with 250ish allies, then I realised the redar system has changed in the way that you could see someone with much lower allies that you, hence I immediately filled my allie numbers maximumed, but ended up with high losses of units when attacking. So I decided to turtling until funzio fixes it.

And few days ago, I started a new character, and I have found, I can't find anyone with lower allies number than mine in my redar, then I suspected the low allie strategy is working again, but I am not sure yet, so, if you feel the same, pls put your thought, many thanks.

Currently, my low level character have allies 5 in level 15, constantly holding cashes around 1m out of my vault, so I am worried if high allies number plays can see me.

Post Count
    No my observation is that it works for a while in the lowest levels then slowly changes as you increase in level. Also seems your ally list can affect what you see, if you have lots in the same range as you are in then the game starts picking rivals with lower stats. I see players at L50 and higher with 2-10 allies now and then. I'm at L79 with nearly 1000 allies, I stopped added the other day just to see where this settles.
    Modern War
    IOS - Agent Orange - ID 863 440 860
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Android - Agent Orange -ID 179 321 004
    Free Player since 7/18/12
    Level 33+

War of Nations - Agent Orange - Quit the game
    Free Player since 5/30/13

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Orange View Post
    No my observation is that it works for a while in the lowest levels then slowly changes as you increase in level. Also seems your ally list can affect what you see, if you have lots in the same range as you are in then the game starts picking rivals with lower stats. I see players at L50 and higher with 2-10 allies now and then. I'm at L79 with nearly 1000 allies, I stopped added the other day just to see where this settles.
    Thanks for answering, really make sense, I have observed the same thing as the system brings you up with opponents stronger and stronger if you keep winning.

I will stop levelling that fast now, I love to have a small number of allies, just let the system protecting me.

Post Count
    The low ally count has never stopped working for me. Been playing since 12/8/11

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by EnjoyLife View Post
    The low ally count has never stopped working for me. Been playing since 12/8/11
    This seems to depend a lot on the level you are at.
    Modern War
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Level 33+

Post Count
    This seems to depend a lot on the level you are at.
    What's the cutoff?

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by EnjoyLife View Post
    What's the cutoff?
    Whats your level?
    Modern War
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Level 33+

Post Count
    Whats your level?
    Good answer

Post Count
    Can you see people with half of your allie numbers? I noticed that you can see people with the similar size of allies and also with extremely low allie numbers like below 5, but never seen people with half of your allie numbers.

Post Count
    At level 42 I have 456 allies. I've been pruning b/c I've got tons of allies in the teens (no one from here, don't get offended yet) and all I see is people within 5 allies of my number. I've never seen the lower amount of allies, and frankly, I'd love to pillage them for a couple grand a few times. I can say that I'd like to b/c, well, I've never had the chance. In reality, I don't want XP right now, so I'm not looking, but pulling up my rivals list and just peeking through it really quickly here I've seen none with less than 205, and that's because they were level 41!?!

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    I went through the 40s a couple of weeks ago (could have changed since then off course) gradually increasing my number of allies from about 60 to 80% of my maximum number of usable ones. The game seemed to track this to some extent by nearly always offering up rivals within a +-25 window of my number, it may be that once you are so far past your usable number you mainly also see rivals with allies of their own above the usable number. We need somebody around level 42 with about say 140 allies to have a look at their rival list and see how it pans out compared to yours.

Post Count
    That's the only thing I could figure as well. I suppose until someone around that level w/ that number of allies hops in here, I'll just be left wondering I just don't want to dump that many allies as I've pruned them pretty well in my attempt to protect myself by allying with higher ups, esp. Gold, so that when the day comes that I'm the BIG shark tank, I'm not annihilated immediately

Lurker
    Post Count
    So, I'm L49 with 610 allies. Should I lose a few or do I need more?
    Bit confused here now.
    Add me please!
    Modern war ===> Uninstalled
    Crime city ===> 222 999 959

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Ok I inadvertently tested out level 59 with a range of 215-300 ish allies this morning, swiped my finger across the accept all button on the way to the visit allies button duh! So I got far more allies than I wanted, I've since gradually reduced it back to where I wanted to be, apologies to anybody I removed it wasn't personal and I will add you again next time I need more allies if you ask.

Anyway with 215 allies I was typically seeing rivals mostly levels 49-57 with from 150- 250 allies. At 300 allies I was seeing rivals mostly levels 55-65 with 280+ allies, At 275 allies I was seeing rivals levels 53-65 with 260-300 allies, at 250 Allies I'm seeing mostly 52-64 with 180-280 allies.

So there does seem to be a degree of correlation still between the number of your allies and the rivals you see. I've sat at the 250 allies for longer than the other numbers which is maybe why I'm seeing a wider range of players, or maybe the explanation is due to most people having closer to their maximum usable number of allies. Suppose you have a cluster of players at my level 59 with the 296 max or more allies then there is a decent pool of players there. If you have less than this then maybe there isn't a sufficiently big pool around you so the game widens the parameters a bit and you see combinations of levels and allies that you don't get when there are more players closely grouped together.

I still haven't worked out which group is best to hide in though, if it wasn't for the current unit losses it looks like being at higher level with less than your maximum number of allies and using all strong units would give you a rivals list of many players at lower levels with more allies but weaker armies. The downside is if you're not off the radar all your losses will be costly. If you are doing valor missions you'll need to have enough allies for appropriate rivals to appear in your list.