Would a higher priced, quicker upgrade option be a bad idea?

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Would a higher priced, quicker upgrade option be a bad idea?

Banned
    Post Count

Would a higher priced, quicker upgrade option be a bad idea?

Like, instead of spending say $200,000 on a Movie Theater upgrade (these numbers are made up) you could spend $400,000 on it and have it upgrade in an hour. It would obviously deflate the need for gold (don't know how many people use it for upgrades anyway) but I think it would add a lot to the economy planning aspect of the game.

Thoughts? Is this a terrible idea? Am I just annoyed at looking and the upgrade icon over a single building for a day and a half? Is CCMark really transvestite cross-dresser lurking on a nearby street corner?

Banned
    Post Count
    What I'm about to suggest would never be a part of the game as it would change the framework of the game itself.

Or something like this: You can have the option to have all the money made from a building go into it's own upgrade cost that filled like a status meter:

Level 2[:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::-------------]Level 3

The meter could have info flashing such as how long it will be till the upgrade is complete alternating with how much $ is currently in the meter, much like the stamina/energy timers are.

The amount of money the meter represented would change with each building level and the The money couldn't be robbed but could be collected if you want to start the meter over again. You wouldn't have a bank to store money in either, it would be either always in your pocket or in the upgrade phase. Not too sure what would happen when you reach level 10 for a building though.....

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Time is the most important currency in this game. How you invest it is the key to a good strategy.
    Join the Bravehearts of Scotland faction
    ID 580 953 650

You don't have to be Scottish but you do need to have a Braveheart!

All nationalities welcome, high A/D stats ONLY!

Ranked 60th (so far), multiple upgrades, external forum.

Banned
    Post Count
    Isn't that the same with just about any game? And really you aren't investing time waiting for something to upgrade since you don't have to be present for it to happen. I realize what I just said probably contradicts my idea for upgrades, but I still think the higher priced upgrade idea could be a valid concept.

And you would still be investing time as saving more money=more time.
    Last edited by Holicaholic; 01-18-2012 at 10:10 AM.

Lurker
    Post Count
    Yea like saving 1 billion dollars to upgrade a building in 10 sec. I support that.

Post Count
    Practically the only reason people buy gold is impatience. Funzio is master at charging people for that. Why would they screw that paradigm up for in game fake cash expedited upgrades? That's what the gold button is for.

Suggestions are great, but realistic ones are even better. Does anybody really think Funzio would make an operating change that will reduce or eliminate one of their significant revenue streams? You might as well go to your local restaurant and suggest they give you dinner. See where that gets ya....LOL!

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    You could always rob the diner