youj's Gold-less, Valour-less(ish) Guide to Success - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: youj's Gold-less, Valour-less(ish) Guide to Success

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by ewan View Post
    hello l have a problem with my units l have bought 3 sea scouts that have 3attack and 17defence and when l go to attack someone they are not in my units that l used and they were the best thing l had but l have noticed that other players that have bought this item can use it but l cant l have tried almost everything and need help.
    Your attack and defense units get split - so when you are attacked you will use your best defense units (which you cant see) and when you attack you take your highest attck units with you.

You probably have better units to attack with than your sea scouts as these have 3 attack and you DONT want to be taking these to battle any way.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Coolio View Post
    I asked you to add me 150892864. You didn't. Fair enough. I also asked private posted you. You didn't respond. So while I appreciated, respected and followed your advice (no doubt against the disgust of gold players) I found you to be rather rude not to have at least replied to me. Your choice my friend. Many thanks again for your advice. Keep it coming :-)
    Aha, sorry I don't login to the forum often enough to check my private messages. (most of time I just read the forum without logging in) By the time I do see them, they are already 1-2 weeks old, and by then I just feel bad about replying so late.

As for adding players, because I started the game so early and posted my code to other people to add. Some people spammed my code all over the internet for modern war add sites. Now I constantly get random add requests. It got so bad to one point where I had 3000 add requests, at which point I just couldn't find anyone in that 3000 list that I want to add. So now unless I get a request from someone that is close to my level ~ 105ish, I just deny the request.

Sorry for ignoring you, I've sent you an add request. =)
    Kingdom Age
    Level 10 Rogue
    Attack 299
    Defence 557
    Income Per Hour: 614

252-794-422

Modern War
    Level 110 China

youj's Gold-less, Valour-less Guide to Success:
    http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...ide-to-Success

Lurker
    Post Count
    lvl 36 got 3 allies units im taking into battle are
    1 professional raider 22 attack 15 defense
    1 raider's boat 18 attack 12 defense
    8 avenger's 12 attack 10 defense
    1 heavy bomber 9 attack 7 defense
    1 heavy tank 9 attack 9 defense

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count

Thumbs down I could'nt agree less....

I am using almost exactly the opposite to your strategy with what I consider plenty of success.

I am level 70, with an alliance of 165, an attack of 21.4k and defence of 17.8k. Been playing for 180 days which makes me a newbie?

What I set out to do was NOT to max out my economy. It is now 110379 per hour but thats partly because I ran out of other things to build. I put all my building effort into troops bonus buildings. I can make more money raiding/attacking then i could if built up my economy.

I've never been farmed because I dont have anything worth raiding on a periodic basis. I might successfully raided once a month. The most I've been raided for is $300k. A side effect of building my attack troops is a reasonable defence which at my level is sufficient to stop 99% of any attackers anyway.

I generally buy expensive troops but not the most expensive. My goal is to get my attack as high as possible so I can raid anyone, which I pretty much can. Not spent any gold either.

I'm pleased I didnt follow your guide but it looks like plenty of other players have. Those players are refer to as farms

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayda View Post
    I am using almost exactly the opposite to your strategy with what I consider plenty of success.

I am level 70, with an alliance of 165, an attack of 21.4k and defence of 17.8k. Been playing for 180 days which makes me a newbie?

What I set out to do was NOT to max out my economy. It is now 110379 per hour but thats partly because I ran out of other things to build. I put all my building effort into troops bonus buildings. I can make more money raiding/attacking then i could if built up my economy.

I've never been farmed because I dont have anything worth raiding on a periodic basis. I might successfully raided once a month. The most I've been raided for is $300k. A side effect of building my attack troops is a reasonable defence which at my level is sufficient to stop 99% of any attackers anyway.

I generally buy expensive troops but not the most expensive. My goal is to get my attack as high as possible so I can raid anyone, which I pretty much can. Not spent any gold either.

I'm pleased I didnt follow your guide but it looks like plenty of other players have. Those players are refer to as farms
    Youre correct. Long term you have to buy big to level up, I could buy 1000 medics now but it wouldn't changed my stats one bit.

Banned
    Post Count
    Too many long paragraphs. My head hurts.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Nice necro - this thread was over 8 months old.

Post Count

What i got out of this is #1 You are Semi-Camping for 6 months as you are only lvl 70....but Not to increase your IPH? The reason you aren't increasing your economy is so that no one raids you? Yet your Defense is strong enough to stop 99% of all players? Sounds to me you aren't factoring in the most important component of this game...time. By the way i'm sure i'm a juicy Farming Target for you....lvl 72 in game Thief if your feel inclined (you'll have to go max allies though)

#2 you posted on something from 8 Months ago.
    VFF Legends

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count

Tread is on a sticky

Responded because the thread is on a sticky. If its 8 months old and no longer relevant then I guess it ought to be removed the sticky?

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Responded because the thread is on a sticky. If its 8 months old and no longer relevant then I guess it ought to be removed the sticky?
    This thread is within the OP of the MW FAQ's stickied thread because it's essentially a reference tool containing info on one style of play. That thread contains loads of good links to other such threads of the past. The idea behind it all is to provide a one-stop shop, so to speak, where new & long-time players can look things up first or be refered to by other forumites to obtain more details on key topics. Tends to make things more efficient for everyone.

To necro an 8 month old thread just to continue the conversation (which is what you did) is kinda pointless. The party came & went a long time ago, no reason to join in on something that's no longer there. Heck, many of the folks in that old thread aren't even around the forums anymore.

If you (or anyone else) has questions or comments about topics not currently being discussed, a couple of the best places to post them would be in at the end of that stickied thread or the 'general tips...' stickied thread. Formunites respond to questions there every day. Or, start a thread yourself to ask a question or delve into a topic that interests you. These ways are much more relavant & up to date than pulling out an old thread. You'll also find folks will be more apt to converse this way.

By all means ask, question, contribute, & discuss. Please just keep it in the here & now.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count

Okey dokey

Ok, fair enough.

One a different topic, I tried to create a thread in General but couldnt. Is it because I'm a forum noob or been banned, or... ?

All the best...

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Ok, fair enough.

One a different topic, I tried to create a thread in General but couldnt. Is it because I'm a forum noob or been banned, or... ?

All the best...
    You have to have made 10 posts before you're allowed to start a thread of your own.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count

ok

Quote Originally Posted by chimera69 View Post
    You have to have made 10 posts before you're allowed to start a thread of your own.
    ok thanks.

How does one report problems though? I was trying to avoid creating a support ticket (not that I know how to do that either) until I checked something is really up.

Banned
    Post Count
    Don't necro threads.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by chimera69 View Post
    This thread is within the OP of the MW FAQ's stickied thread because it's essentially a reference tool containing info on one style of play. That thread contains loads of good links to other such threads of the past. The idea behind it all is to provide a one-stop shop, so to speak, where new & long-time players can look things up first or be refered to by other forumites to obtain more details on key topics. Tends to make things more efficient for everyone.

To necro an 8 month old thread just to continue the conversation (which is what you did) is kinda pointless. The party came & went a long time ago, no reason to join in on something that's no longer there. Heck, many of the folks in that old thread aren't even around the forums anymore.

If you (or anyone else) has questions or comments about topics not currently being discussed, a couple of the best places to post them would be in at the end of that stickied thread or the 'general tips...' stickied thread. Formunites respond to questions there every day. Or, start a thread yourself to ask a question or delve into a topic that interests you. These ways are much more relavant & up to date than pulling out an old thread. You'll also find folks will be more apt to converse this way.

By all means ask, question, contribute, & discuss. Please just keep it in the here & now.
    Did you really have to make a whole essay explaining that the thread is in the OP of a stickied thread?