499 Mob

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 499 Mob

Post Count

499 Mob

Noticed a lot pf people trying to get themselves off of people's PvP lists by reducing to 499 mob members.

Kinda wondering why the bother. Most people bank their cash so getting hit while someone else is doing a streak really isn't that big of a deal.

If you collect your buildings regularily and bank your cash (activity that seems highly likely for the type of player that could figure out the whole 499 mob thing) , I guess I just don't see why people would bother.

Banned
    Post Count
    I see exactly why ppl bother. There is masses of thug lifes around. Having 1 less mafia means they won't be targeted.

Im thinking ill prob reduce to 499 myself, although im fairly confident in my mafia defence. IF it fends of robbers even by 5-10% thats an improvment. I think the whole 499 thing is worth way more then planting trees infront of buildings.

Banned
    Post Count
    I thought the rivals list was according to level, not mob size?

Banned
    Post Count
    At 124 I see ppl with mafia members of 400+. Also annoying because the majority of my list is players level 106-110 with the odd person level 111-140. Kinda annoying when I need mafias of 500 lvl'd 117 and above right now.

Post Count
    It is according to level - I see a lot of members over level 100 with a lot less than 500 mafia.
    known as "rocko" around these parts
    870 849 326

Post Count
    I have been seeing it a lot even at level 94-95.

Quite annoying.

They probably do it to avoid people messing up their win/loss numbers, more so than loosing money.

Duke
    Crime City 134 879 357
    Modern War 124 871 397

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke.0 View Post

Quite annoying.

They probably do it to avoid people messing up their win/loss numbers, more so than loosing money.
    All it does is weaken them and allow a beat down by even more. Game on.
    870 849 326

Post Count
    I love seeing people with 499 mafia members. Regardless of how weak they are, I will 10 hit them. Just because of the 499.
    Crime City: 481-667-114 Level: 120 Stats Updated: 1/10/12
    Modern War: 725-841-085 Level: 14 Stats Updated: 12/6/11

Post Count
    Oh it does weaken them, however, it avoids some fights for people trying to get the Fight Goals completed.

I still go out of my way to hit them 10 times when i see 499.

Just because i can

Duke
    Crime City 134 879 357
    Modern War 124 871 397

Post Count
    Oh it does weaken them, however, it avoids some fights for people trying to get the Fight Goals completed.

I still go out of my way to hit them 10 times when i see 499.

Just because i can
    They must be like... "why is everything slapping me 10 times?!"
    870 849 326

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Rarelibra View Post
    They must be like... "why is everything slapping me 10 times?!"
    It's the 10-slap cobra smack attack!

...sorry long shift today...
    Crime City: 481-667-114 Level: 120 Stats Updated: 1/10/12
    Modern War: 725-841-085 Level: 14 Stats Updated: 12/6/11

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    I see exactly why ppl bother. There is masses of thug lifes around. Having 1 less mafia means they won't be targeted.

Im thinking ill prob reduce to 499 myself, although im fairly confident in my mafia defence. IF it fends of robbers even by 5-10% thats an improvment. I think the whole 499 thing is worth way more then planting trees infront of buildings.
    My point was, what is the problem with being targeted? It's not like your losing anything.

Quite annoying.

This^

I think it's dumb.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    I have 499 too and it makes a difference i only got attacked and robbed bypeople who are 30 lvls higher, yeah right !

Banned
    Post Count
    Reasons i did it.

1/ Win to loss ratio was 20:1 with a few days of High levels farming me for the quests and me trying to hit high levels for mine it is now below 15:1, not that this effects game play but still.

2/ People will usally go into your hood to see if you are weak first and in doing so notice buildings like pirate taverns and chappels un collected becasue of the odd timers so rob them, with 499 more people skip past meaning less likely to get robed

3/ With being attacked constantly there is that chance you get hit just as you collect and lose 150k+ since you are normally attacked 5+ times by the time it even registers in your news. Again a small chance but why take the risk for nothing.

So overall yeah doesn't matter too much but why make yourself a target for nothing, now if you had to have 500 to see other people with 500 that would change things
    Last edited by procsyzarc; 01-16-2012 at 01:26 PM.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by procsyzarc View Post
    Reasons i did it.

1/ Win to loss ratio was 20:1 with a few days of High levels farming me for the quests and me trying to hit high levels for mine it is now below 15:1, not that this effects game play but still.

2/ People will usally go into your hood to see if you are weak first and in doing so notice buildings like pirate taverns and chappels un collected becasue of the odd timers so rob them, with 499 more people skip past meaning less likely to get robed

3/ With being attacked constantly there is that chance you get hit just as you collect and lose 150k+ since you are normally attacked 5+ times by the time it even registers in your news. Again a small chance but why take the risk for nothing.

So overall yeah doesn't matter too much but why make yourself a target for nothing, now if you had to have 500 to see other people with 500 that would change things
    That makes absolutely NO sense whatsoever. When I am in the mood to rob (as by my stats isn't that often, but still)... I go into a hood regardless. So whether or not you are level 105 or level 145, whether you have 125 mafia or 5000 mafia, I'm coming in.

And you only do away with the "500 mafia" attacks. If you are over level 110, 112, etc you are still pray to the other goals.

And - you ARE weaker with one less mafia.
    870 849 326