RESPECT POINTS / GOLDEN WEAPONS the lowdown. - Page 3

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: RESPECT POINTS / GOLDEN WEAPONS the lowdown.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by whocareswhatmynameis View Post
    this line of argument dictates mustang is most cost-effective R-vehichle. you can buy almost 10 with 1200 and get ~60/50 points. however, for end-game, 500 mustangs won't cut it since you reach a ceiling of 3000/2500. similarly, although yamaha bikes are definitely better than mustangs, you are still faced with reaching a ceiling of 6500/6000. you would need exeleros to be among the top tier players, imho. and thus, the discussion about RP and scarce commodity. why do you think there are multiple threads in the forum talking about what some of the best ways of utilizing RP are!
    Ah, yes - but you can make up for it with such things as the Contraband Runner, Cyber Bike, Trick or Treat, Veyron, etc.
    known as "rocko" around these parts
    870 849 326

Post Count
    I would argue that the one true finite commodity is not Respect/Cash/Stam/Enrg but Time. I don't think I will live past 70 so my time is rapidly running out.

Banned
    Post Count
    I personally think Exeloro's should come after Chain Whips. Problem with Exelor's is they have weak defence, and defence is arguably the hardest stat to rise. Armoured Police Tryucks have +2 more defence on Exeloro's, and the Exeloro is only +5 more defence over Yam Bike but 4x more expensive.

Chain Whips at 62.5% the cost of Exeloro's offer massive att for irts category and large amounts of defence. This is why I think Serrated Blades are perhaps underated, but al you are realy geting from them is nice defence. Chain Whips are the complet package and the cheapest High Tier (R) item.

Banned
    Post Count
    I was just checking Babyt's hood out (theres never anything up to rob in that place), and was suprised at how impressive her stats were. No gold equipment (from what I saw), a moderate amount of M4's (just over 250 like myself), very few explosives (just a handful of frag grenades) but still very impressive stats.

What I did notice was masses of def buildings like missile turrets and gattling guns. I counted 48 gattling turretts, Some are level 2, butthats a minimumn of 1200 mafia defence.

25def per turrett for 54K, is a lot cheaper than the 11 defence of a Taser for 190K. Infact, one turrett gives over double the defence of a single Taser.

Another reason why Im going to severly change my mind on ~Tasers is you will layer your mafia out with Butterfly knives and police battons. I still think everyone should aim for at least 100 Chain Whips, but for the defence, there is a cheaper option to the Taser.

Babyt is well on her way to the golen grenade launcher. 30k mafia def is all you need for the 'easy-ish' 28k mafia att goal. Hope you don't mind me using you as example baby, just noticed your using a next approach to things. Im countinga around 3 lvl10 agencies (only 55def each) and max total of 6 lvl 10 towers/AH so I can't get a good reading w/o attacking you but you know I can't do that!

In conclusion, Gattling turretts are well worth the investment. A full 25 mafia defence for just 54K

Banned
    Post Count
    Gattling turretts are awsome. Iv been mas building them for ages and hiding them behing buildings in my hood...... Defence = underated

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Such impressive stats built by respect items, not lousy items as you listed from beginning.

Banned
    Post Count
    If your man enough.... don't buy respect items you need now do without and but the stuff that will be usefull late game.......

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    25def per turrett for 54K, is a lot cheaper than the 11 defence of a Taser for 190K. Infact, one turrett gives over double the defence of a single Taser.
    In conclusion, Gattling turretts are well worth the investment. A full 25 mafia defence for just 54K
    Don't forget to factor in the cost of space for any Gatling Turrets that are not placed in the seemingly inevitable 'leftover' squares due to the effect of streets breaking up the hood. This is typically not a direct cost, but space is a resource in this game, and one that gets progressively costly.

I still COMPLETELY agree with your conclusion, and intend to buy lots of Gatlings once I get to the phase where they're appropriate. Just want to point out that unlike items, the Gatlings require space too, so $54k + build_time are not the only resources they consume.
    CC: Crimer (lvl 116)
    CC: Keyser Soze (lvl 108)

Banned
    Post Count
    Gattling turretts are awsome. Iv been mas building them for ages and hiding them behing buildings in my hood...... Defence = underated
    Your doin-it-right, just keep em at level 1.

Don't forget to factor in the cost of space for any Gatling Turrets that are not placed in the seemingly inevitable 'leftover' squares due to the effect of streets breaking up the hood. This is typically not a direct cost, but space is a resource in this game, and one that gets progressively costly.
    This is true, and as sopmething like a Taser takes up no room, the Gattling takes up a 2x2. I just started a Missile Turret buliding so I could get the full 42def from it. I thought the 500K tag was high, but now im just pissed off it takes 2days to build.

Banned
    Post Count
    I get most things right.. I don't need to be told.,. But hey thanks

Banned
    Post Count
    Great thread, considering im at 82 Chain Whips its reassuring to know i was doing the right thing from the start. I'll switch back to goggles and Yamahas when i reach the 100 mark by the weekend.

Banned
    Post Count
    Great thread, considering im at 82 Chain Whips its reassuring to know i was doing the right thing from the start. I'll switch back to goggles and Yamahas when i reach the 100 mark by the weekend.
    Great plan

Your on the right course. Chose either goggle or bike depending which raises your stats themost. 300 ofeach is kinda needed so just go for the best stat bonus

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Wow thanks Anubis, I have 19k att and 21k def this is really going to help, I have 200 bikes but only 40 NVB so I'll get those up right away. I think I got a RPG for a 21k defense goal that I didn't see.

Verbose Veteran whocareswhatmynameis's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by MadHattersMother View Post
    i have 50 gatling turrets. unfortunately, i can't build more. oh well...
    (updated mar 16 2012)
    CrimeCity: joined 176 days ago; lvl: 124; size: 695; att/def: 25875/31785; $238,993/hr; qwikster --- 783 445 600

ModernWar: AWOL

Banned
    Post Count
    i have 50 gatling turrets. unfortunately, i can't build more. oh well...
    Why? Is 50 the limit on defence bulidings or suming?