RESPECT POINTS / GOLDEN WEAPONS the lowdown.

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: RESPECT POINTS / GOLDEN WEAPONS the lowdown.

Banned
    Post Count

RESPECT POINTS / GOLDEN WEAPONS the lowdown.

Introduction

One of the 'End Game' goals for everone shoyuld be getting the Golden Grenade Launcher and the Golden Gattling gun. To get these, your going to need to follow current guides towards playing the game.

You will need a good economy: Tramps Stamps Economy discussion

If your a new player or need a guide to playing the game then read this:
    Popeye's Advanced guide

So Im nearly level 120, I have seen the game change through the levels etc etc. I have spent gold on the gam,e to the extent of all the good gold buildings, one super badass car, and around 30-40 gold items in the 30-60gold cost. In essence, they only add around 1K to my mafia att/def at most.

If your going to spend gold - Most definately spend it on the bulidings. If your only going to buy a small amount of gold once - wait until the Pirate Taverns, Rock Cafes, and Gent clubs become available to you - those $$$ bulidings are serious income game changers. Eitherway, your going to need an economy of 300K/hour + to fully complete these goals.

Regarding the golden weapon line of quests, if you surpass one whilst doing another one you will still get the reward for the one you have skipped.

In the early levels, Tommy guns and combat boots are excellant value and actually play a major role in keeping your stats high. By level 100 their will be 0 use for them so bear that in mind. The thing to remember also is (R) is finite. 1000 (R) at lower levels gets you 20 combat boots, that is great value and you obviously need to win PVP and robberies at any level.

The aim of this thread is to put the best use to your (R) and $$$ to eventually get the Golden weapons. There are obviously various combinations of items you can use but I will list the aims I personally feel are best. It would be good if others in responce can offer other combinations to aim for.

Banned
    Post Count
    So I have won 16500 PVP battles and the results of this is I have armor giving these stats

Police Armor 5/14 x73
    Wrestle Masks 4/7 x207
    Boxing Trunks 6/8x153
    Combat boots from earlier levels 5/8x82

That is over 500 armor pieces with relatively low stats on them. This is why Night Vision Bonocular's (goggles) are so valuable because they layer your Mafia with 16/16. Think of them as getting 300-400 of these will give your armor 16/16 of each. These are always other reward items, some high in att, most high in defence but I would recommend aiming for 400 of these at 300 ® each.

The Full Combat gear is actually great value for defence in the Top tier range, however If needed, with a high economy FBI Shields cost 1.5M and give 24defence. You might need a 100 of these to reach your golden goals, but with a good economy by level 150 1.5M is not a lot of money. Try to imagine of goggles as having stats of something like 11/10 due to the PVP loot you will get.

The other area ® needs investing in is vehicles. Due to vehicles being the part of the mafia people initially find difficult to fully equip unless your happy with them riding round in Junkers. Yamaha Bikes for 325 ®. Although the stats are 13/12 (lower than the goggles) you will get the full amount of att/def from them because you most likely will be short of vehicles.

With regards to melee weapons, you can actually get good stats from spending $$$ on 350 Steel Garrots and 350 Tasers. Although the Serrated Blade looks good, for getting the Golden weapons it falls behing goggles and Yam bikes as decent stats are obtainable in the melee department from using $$$. This is however the dark area for me, because instead of spending millions on Steel Garrottes and Tasers you could quickly build up a load of Columbian Knives for similar stats. Imo thopugh the best weapon is the Chain Whip and after goggle and yam bikes goals are met I think a goal of 150 Chain Whips should come next.

A True Break down of att/deff per ® Low tier are obviously good value for ® but none of them compete in the late mid-higher levels except the Mustang. The bolded stat is the best stat for its tier. It is important however to get a good understanding why some categories might seem like less value per ® - like the vehicles.

Low Tier

Tommy Gun: 10 ® per att , 16.67 ® per def
    Columbian Knife: 18.2 ® per att, 22.2 ® per def
    Combat Boots: 10 ® per at, 8.3 ® per def
    Mustang: 20.8 ® per att, 31.25 ® per def

Mid Tier

M4 A1 – No need for Sawn offs (They are even more the case because the mafia defence goals are the hardest to reach – spending ® on Sawn offs nets you a lowsey 14def).

Serated Blade 33.33 ® per att, 22.22 ® per def (There is potential in this weapon)
    Goggles 18.75 ® per att, 18.75 ® per def
    Yamaha Race Bikes 25 ® per att, 27 ® per def

Top Tier

M4A1 – again, the mafia defence goals are hardest to achieve and the RPG only has 14 on it.
    Chain Whip 30 ® per att, 39.5 ® per def
    Full Combat Gear 47 ® per att, 29.6 ® per def
    Exeloro 38.7 ® per att, 70.6 ® per def

There are a few $$$ items that have been mentioned that will need to be used depending which method you take in achieving these goals.

-Steel Garrote $5,300 for each point of attack (10 melee attack)
    -Taser $17,272 for each point of defence (11 melee defence)
    -FBI Shield $62,500 for each point of defence (24 armor defence)

Compare that to the vehicle categoryArmored Limo for 17 defence is $412,000 for each point of defence, or the Yacht that is $695,692 for each of its 23 defence points. This is why the vehicle category is the most important to get those ® items in as there are $$$ alternatives in the melee and armor categories.
    Last edited by Anubis; 01-10-2012 at 06:30 AM.

Banned
    Post Count
    -Golden Grenade Launcher comes from 'Weapons of Mass Destruction' – 28,000att

-An RPG comes from 'Godly' – 34,000def (both these missions pop up after the defence goal before it asking for 32,000def – so you will need to get up to 32,000 Mafia defence to get access to the golden missions)

Golden Gattling Gun comes from Immortal – obtaining a whopping 36,000 def.

To acheive these goals you will most likely need explosives but it seems right now some of us have the old (cheaper prices – grab 500x Anthrax if you can afford it,) The new prices are apparantly massively more expensive and its my opinion Funzio did this to stop people using explosives to get the golden weapons.

Its the mid-range weapons that need to be massed up on, especially goggles and Yam bikes. Its hard to give precise examples because each category has other weapons and armor that are rewards from various things. For example you will end up with things like 4-5 exeloro's and 4-5 RPG's from quests, Titanium guard armors etc. I'll put my ideas down for completing the 32,000defence goal that gives access to 'Weapons of Mass destruction' and 'Godly' simultaneously. Working out how to get to 34,000 mafia defence is something I am not to sure about, don't have it either.

32,000 defence

500x M4's = 11,000
    100 Chain Whips = 1900
    200x Butterfly knives = 1000
    350 Goggles = 5600
    500 Stun Grenades = 3000
    300 Yamaha's = 3600
    100x Armored police trucks = 1900 (the drop rate of these seems to increase, I have 85 at 119)

Total: 28000 – there are obviously parts you can swap and change around here, still 100 vehicles not used, 150 armor, 200 melee not used - Now it seems total building defence counts towards these goals.

28,000 attack (Golden Grenade Launcher)

495 M4's + 5 RPG's = 10,080
    100 Chain Whips + 400 Steel Garrotes = 6,500
    500x Hand Grenades = 2,000
    350 Goggles = 5600
    300 Yamaha's = 3900

Total: 28,080 att
    . Theres obviously room to change things around there aswell as I left 250 pieces of armor out of the additions (armor and vehicle). Total Respect: 277,500 (you get lots of respect from streak missions, goal completions to remember aswell as farming it up) The new Thug life additions added a load more (R) flying around.

The respect for both is the same. Getting the Golden Gattling gun at 36,000 defence will take time and hel from buildings will most likely be required - leveling 50 Gattling Turrets to level 3 is a hefty amount of defence!

I think there is a large gap between getting the Golden grenade launcher and getting the gattling gun. If you buy gold weapons things obviously get easier. I have 200 Yam bikes, but will never need an additional 100 because I was able to use Anthrax on the old prices to get the goal. 500 Anthrax is 6K att so obviously a huge boost.

Another thing to note when respect farming – switching to PVP 90+ nets you nice ® each day and the gear you will need to get these goals.

Any other combinations are very welcome, I personally think for the average player (no gold equip, stuck on higher explosive prices) I would aim to achieve these goals around level 150. Always follow Trampstamps advice on economic planning and level as slowly as possible whilst getting max respect up to level 90.

BIG EDIT: Its seems profile defence = the defence in the defence goals value. If this is the case, getting the golden weapons just got a lot easier, meaning things like Tasers will never be needed! - 4th Febuary
    Last edited by Anubis; 02-04-2012 at 03:27 AM.

Verbose Veteran whocareswhatmynameis's Avatar
    Post Count
    great thread... worthy of inclusion in Syn's "best of best" post!

i'm sure there's going to be a lot of discussion, but i agree with you on this: spending respect points on mid-to-high range vehicles is a good long term strategy. cash is more efficient if spent on other weapon types, more specifically melee. also, for building up defenses, in addition to lvl1&2 defense buildings, cash purchase of armor weapons (blast shield-1/19, $210K and fbi shield-1/24, $1.5M) may be acceptable choices.

re: your point about NVGs real contribution being ~11/10: i just purchased my 70th NVG and increment is only 11/8... this obviously depends on your current weapon stockpile (i have lots of riot helmet-1/8). regardless, i agree with your recommending NVG purchases- you can't easily beat 16 attack points by future armor weapons.

re: melee weapons- steel garrote and taser combo is a cost effective strategy (i had mentioned that in earlier posts), where you essentially get 10/11 for $243K. what one needs to remember, however, is that the real increment in your att/def stats is going to be significantly less. this is especially true if you have lots of PvP loots, accumulating hundreds of nail bat(7/5) and butterfly knife(5/5). add to that mace(1/6) and the real incremental gain would be ~4/5.

re: spending RP on mustang. i don't recommend that strategy. i have done just fine without any mustangs. you can easily buy the 69 camaro for $35K. both have more or less equivalent stats.
    Last edited by whocareswhatmynameis; 01-10-2012 at 07:15 AM.
    (updated mar 16 2012)
    CrimeCity: joined 176 days ago; lvl: 124; size: 695; att/def: 25875/31785; $238,993/hr; qwikster --- 783 445 600

ModernWar: AWOL

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    @Anubis: have you got any of these two ? Sorry, just read some lines below, will get these 2 at level 150. 1 more month, huh ?
    Last edited by hunter; 01-10-2012 at 07:14 AM.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    am on a mission to obtain 27k def... almost there

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I never thought how to get these two items by gathering too many items like that. Such a headache... just playing normally till they come.
    The 28k atk is harder to achieve than 36k def. In all current looting items, only M4A1 give decent atk points, other items only have 10 atk. Only way to get 28k atk is by respect point items, atk/rob/atk/rob.... till you get enough respect points.

Once you get 28k atk, your def also about 34-36k. don't have to worry about that.

Banned
    Post Count
    The 28k atk is harder to achieve than 36k def. In all current looting items, only M4A1 give decent atk points, other items only have 10 atk. Only way to get 28k atk is by respect point items, atk/rob/atk/rob.... till you get enough respect points.
    Your kinda wrong there. 28K att is much much easier to get then 34K mafia def. Especially if your xplosives
    are the cheaper cost ones.

re: melee weapons- steel garrote and taser combo is a cost effective strategy (i had mentioned that in earlier posts), where you essentially get 10/11 for $243K. what one needs to remember, however, is that the real increment in your att/def stats is going to be significantly less. this is especially true if you have lots of PvP loots, accumulating hundreds of nail bat(7/5) and butterfly knife(5/5). add to that mace(1/6) and the real incremental gain would be ~4/5.
    This is kinda the 'blip'. The stats on (r) melee weapons are actually very good. The list I gave is obviously only 1 of multiple concoctions. I would love to see a method that focused on mele main, or a similar approach but making it cheaper via PVP rewards,

Melee weapons have serious potential - a method justneeds to be found. I thought 100 Chain Whips was a nice, decent amount for general p[layers after they reach 300-350 each of bikes and goggles.

Post Count
    NVBs.....not NVGs.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    still talking about explosives, lol.

you use "explosives" when needed, why above formular you list too many items, just simply add 500 landmines instead of $38 M Tasers and problem solved. no such headache, lol.
    Last edited by hunter; 01-10-2012 at 10:06 AM.

Banned
    Post Count
    Prob is some ppl's explosives have massively risen in cost. For old cost xplosive players it can be many times easier to reach these goals. Thats why I included low price xplosives in my example.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Def explosives are waste, I recommend never buy any. Even you buy 1,000 explosives, may consume all in a few days. Rob is the cause of explosive losses.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Very good thread Anubis. When you say respect is finite, what do you mean by that i.e. it becomes too difficult to get respect easily around levels 120-200 or that once you get to level 200 you can't get anymore?

Banned
    Post Count
    Very good thread Anubis. When you say respect is finite, what do you mean by that i.e. it becomes too difficult to get respect easily around levels 120-200 or that once you get to level 200 you can't get anymore?
    Finite just means no matter what you do in the game, (R) will always be comming in. Basically the amount of (R) you can potentially get is infinate.

You still get (R) from PVP and robbing at lvl200. Getting (R) 100+ is actually easier because the PVP payout is better. No more need to camp rob (R) if u did a good job of it before you hit 90.

Verbose Veteran whocareswhatmynameis's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
    NVBs.....not NVGs.
    are you trying to get back to me for the iHone thing? ...LOL

so, what's wrong with "NVG"?
    Last edited by whocareswhatmynameis; 01-10-2012 at 11:50 AM.
    (updated mar 16 2012)
    CrimeCity: joined 176 days ago; lvl: 124; size: 695; att/def: 25875/31785; $238,993/hr; qwikster --- 783 445 600

ModernWar: AWOL