Are GOLD units this game's weakest link? - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are GOLD units this game's weakest link?

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildfire View Post
    No you can't really change the value of something people have bought, but no reason not to do the opposite though and increase the strengh of non gold units, in particular the more expensive ones

now why the *#~~ did just loose a 225000 Cruiser against someone less than a third of my strength
    Don't get me started... a 22,500 cruiser is nothing.
    I constantly lose super hornet against someone one hundredth of my strength. Needless to say, super hornet is equally powerful as a 2 million dollars unit...

Chuck is right, devs keep changing the battle mechanics...
    at a time, i won't lose units at all against puny players; later on the casualty went up drastically; then it went back to no loss... it repeats over and over.
    you just need to catch up with dev's randomly alternating update.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Orange View Post
    Yes that is a good idea, btw I'm noticing this trend as well. Are you above L50? I notice below L50 and things seem to be more equal but over 50 and when I am attacking a much lower valued player I have some big losses almost as if the devs are trying to condition us NOT to pick on the weaker players.
    Mid level 47, I was doing one of those 5 in the row challenges and had found a victim who'd obviously given up on the game, so I'd confidently attacked him 4 times without loss then on the last one I lost the cruiser, so I don't know if it's just random or what but I have lost more against weaker players than usual today.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildfire View Post
    Mid level 47, I was doing one of those 5 in the row challenges and had found a victim who'd obviously given up on the game, so I'd confidently attacked him 4 times without loss then on the last one I lost the cruiser, so I don't know if it's just random or what but I have lost more against weaker players than usual today.
    I wonder if that is going to change when you cross the threshold at level 50? The reason I mention this is that one of my brothers is also at L47 and when he attacks someone his losses are minimal if any when the other player has much lower scores.

For example I attacked someone who was an L59 w 292 allies and attack of 4431 and defense of 4683. I lost 4 units, Spectre Gunship, Border Gunship, Troop Transport and Scout on a single attack while the rival lost 1 Scout. I'm at L73 with attack of 12000 and defense of 17000!

I also find another interesting thing, When I'm approaching a goal where I gain more valor I suddenly start to loose my high value valor units! So again I suspect the game has been screwed around with so that players are enticed to buy units vs get the free ones. I also noticed these weird losses when they had the screw up with the Stealth Frigates. When they suddenly dropped the values of this unit my losses went through the roof, I lost nearly 100 in the span of a couple of days. So much so that I stopped attacking because there was something seriously odd going on. Even when the values went back up my losses were high, so much so that I stopped buying them and switched to the Super Hornets which are only slightly better. Both are still lost far to easily given how much work you do to get them.

Just seems to me that there is no point in attacking anyone since your losses are greater than your gains and if that is the case then what is the point to the game....
    Modern War
    IOS - Agent Orange - ID 863 440 860
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Android - Agent Orange -ID 179 321 004
    Free Player since 7/18/12
    Level 33+

War of Nations - Agent Orange - Quit the game
    Free Player since 5/30/13

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    There's more and more evidence that the whole system is rigged to a blatant cash-grab agenda. Intentionally frustrate your customers, to make them feel like they have to spend more?

Mr puttago and friends are no doubt refueling the tank under that BBQ again. "Dammit where's all this fire comin from anyway!?"

208 777 821

Best way to send the developers a message is via the contact feature under support menu. Direct to their inbox, and they have to reply, even if it is generic.

Post Count
    Ok so just for chuckles I'm attacking some poor sod who's a L50 with 27 allies and attack and defense under 100.

I have lost so far 1 border gunship, 1 engineer, 1 scout and just now 2 on one attack! A battle tank, transport and satellite truck granted most were freebies but....
    Modern War
    IOS - Agent Orange - ID 863 440 860
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Android - Agent Orange -ID 179 321 004
    Free Player since 7/18/12
    Level 33+

War of Nations - Agent Orange - Quit the game
    Free Player since 5/30/13

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Orange View Post
    I wonder if that is going to change when you cross the threshold at level 50? The reason I mention this is that one of my brothers is also at L47 and when he attacks someone his losses are minimal if any when the other player has much lower scores.
    Yes he's one of my allies too, his attack and defence scores are a bit better then mine at present, which may help. I was at a point where I could attack someone with 2000 less defence than my attack and usually loose nothing but that seems to have gradually shifted as I've gone from 46 to 47 and added more allies, the number of soft targets has dropped too, and I seem to be visible to players in the mid 50s now.

One thought that did occur to me is that when I loose units against a weak player it is quite often a weak player with some gold units, I wonder as well as matching overall strengths when you battle does it also do a unit v unit comparision in some way. I lost a frigate I think it was to a guy with 400 odd defence and only about 40 units, but the first half dozen of these were the lower powered gold ones.

I've been stacking up my valor points rather than using them since I started dropping units fast when attacking, When I reach the point where I can't attack without them I intend to try switching from a loot farming and PVP strategy to a PVE and defence strategy for a while and see how that works. I had stopped the PVE when I reached the Wild Basir in Marketplace which is a 9x150 Energy 30x9 Experience for a 7500-19000 payout, I reckoned a bit of loot farming would be more profitable. I also found the units I had to keep buying for PVE missions inevitably died the very next PVP attack and I had to buy them all over again negating any profit. It just seems to be balanced against trying to do both PVE and PVP at the same time. Both of course also keep pushing my rank up a bit faster than I'd really like because building is so slow.