Modern War Non-camping guide for Non-gold-buying newbies

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Modern War Non-camping guide for Non-gold-buying newbies

Steady Scribe
    Post Count

Modern War Non-camping guide for Non-gold-buying newbies

Well since I completely disagree to "Modern War Tortoise guide for newbies. Slow and steady..... ",
    http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...nd-steady.....
    I feel obligated to write this guide.
    Here comes the disclaimer: I've been playing MW since 12/18/11, I haven't touched Crime City and I am not responsible for the correctness of anything in this post.
    Let’s break the data down here, how much does a stamina, an energy, an attack/defense point worth anyway?
    While it is hard to determine the values for stamina and A/D points, thanks to the loot farming missions, it is actually quite easy to quantify the value of EPs.
    http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...6-Loot-Farming

In map “Insurgent Camp”, the “Insurgent Leader” is guaranteed to drop a desert leader = scout = 1000$ plus 50-465$ in cash with no requirement for 15 EP. So, (1000+250)/15=83 is roughly how much 1EP worth, at least for the first 30-40 levels or so. Put it in Income per Hour? 15000$/Hr worth of cash!
    Say you have a 1000 EP bar, then when it’s fully charged in 5Hr 30 minutes, you can collect 83*1000=83000$ worth of price – Better than any of the money buildings you can have in early game!
    Because of the highly uncertain income from attacking/raiding, and the even higher possibility of losing units, it is very hard to set a value for stamina. IMO 5 SP could be tight but 10 SP (fully charged in 30 mins) should be enough in most cases not just because I like even number.
    Ok now get to the point, why not camping?
    Besides no fun at all? Because it’s not efficient. 1. It takes the same amount of time to build the money and unit buildings, camping or not. 2. Since you are not leveling if you camp, you lose a HUGE chunk of income from leveling EPs and doing missions (raiding and attacking are usually not consider profitable). and 3. There’s no way to build a strong army or alliance network if you camp.
    How to pick a fight: LOOK FIRST! Don’t just attack anyone in your list, use the raid button and look at your rival’s profile. You will know who you can win and who you shouldn’t touch. Don’t use the revenge button when you got attacked/raided. It will mark your name on your opponent’s wall and he/she can come back and bite you anytime he/she desires to do so.
    How to build an army: Build/upgrade you money building, expand your base before spending the last dime you have on troops. Start with meat shields, a lot of them; don’t bother to spend too much on navy/air force before you have enough meat. Defense comes first if you got attacked too often (never happened to me somehow). Don’t spend valor on valor units (because they will die and die quick) until you found many of your rivals are stronger than you - Now Valor units are keys to your success.
    How to level: Do the missions, PVE and PVP, but hold off on the building sequence ones. Put couple skills points on SP and boost it to 6 or 7, then put every single skill point on energy. Since you will get a fully recharged EP and SP bar each time you level, plan ahead and empty your EPs first because they take much longer to charge, and they are much more valuable. I stopped putting points on EP when I hit 1000 energy because I felt 5:30 recharge time is reasonable and I like even numbers. I put points on attack thereafter. Why? Because defense is much easier to build than offense, among all the MW players I visited, allies or rivals, very few, if not none at all, have a higher offense than defense.
    How should I build my base: Expanse the base and the vault as soon as you have money and the last expansion completes. Build every money building, wait till you have a strong eco system before building advanced unit buildings, keep leveling your money buildings and think twice before you level up your unit buildings.

What else? Couldn’t think of any ATM.
    Last edited by nighthunter; 12-30-2011 at 05:12 PM.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    I like it! And I will try it right now,turtles too long. Want to play!

Post Count
    That's right baby, thank you so much for this post.
    I know there must be some smart people get my idea.
    http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...5853#post95853

Articulate Author digitalwalker's Avatar
    Post Count
    Thanks for sharing, however,I think, early level (below 19) raiding and attacking are very vey benifitial, my low level account spend 5 days reached level 19, and I farmed almost 25ish million cash very easily, only by raiding and attacking. No missions at all. There are so many campers holding huge a lot of cash in earlier stage.

I bought a few gold units, so may not suit for the suitiation you addressed in. But I believe, if arm you troops with good stats units in the beginning, you can still farm 2-5 millions per day.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by nighthunter View Post
    Well since I completely disagree to "Modern War Tortoise guide for newbies. Slow and steady..... ",
    http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...nd-steady.....
    I feel obligated to write this guide.
    Here comes the disclaimer: I've been playing MW since 12/18/11, I haven't touched Crime City and I am not responsible for the correctness of anything in this post.
    Let’s break the data down here, how much does a stamina, an energy, an attack/defense point worth anyway?
    While it is hard to determine the values for stamina and A/D points, thanks to the loot farming missions, it is actually quite easy to quantify the value of EPs.
    http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...6-Loot-Farming

What else? Couldn’t think of any ATM.
    As the author of Modern War Tortoise Guide for Newbies. Slow and Steady....
    I feel obligated to write this response

Here comes the disclaimer. I've been playing MW on or about Dec 4, 2011. I have played Crime City since Nov 24 and have come to the conclusion that the game mechanics for both games are very similar if not the same.
    I on the other hand will take responsibility for the correctness of anything in this post.
    Other than following the narrative of this game pumping almost all of your skill points into energy (which would be for a vast majority of players) is not prudent. A better tactic is almost all in attack and upgrade stamina to a point based on how often you will play MW. A build with heavy emphasis on attack and hence a greater figure derived from the attack multiplier will be a very difficult force to stop. Coupled with a strong economy will make for someone that imo should rival gold buying players. You will not need to check the rivals list and attack at will. Casualties will not even be a concern as a strong economy and whatever spoils of war from pvp, etc will more than compensate.

In map “Insurgent Camp”, the “Insurgent Leader” is guaranteed to drop a desert leader = scout = 1000$ plus 50-465$ in cash with no requirement for 15 EP. So, (1000+250)/15=83 is roughly how much 1EP worth, at least for the first 30-40 levels or so. Put it in Income per Hour? 15000$/Hr worth of cash!
    Say you have a 1000 EP bar, then when it’s fully charged in 5Hr 30 minutes, you can collect 83*1000=83000$ worth of price – Better than any of the money buildings you can have in early game!
    Because of the highly uncertain income from attacking/raiding, and the even higher possibility of losing units...
    Level 6 $121342/hr and climbing. By the way to date I haven't lost 1 unit.

Ok now get to the point, why not camping?
    Besides no fun at all? Because it’s not efficient. 1. It takes the same amount of time to build the money and unit buildings, camping or not. 2. Since you are not leveling if you camp, you lose a HUGE chunk of income from leveling EPs and doing missions (raiding and attacking are usually not consider profitable). and
    Fun is a relative term. I know its fun building a strong economy better than most if not all people at my level. I know its fun not having lost a fight, not having been raided and at present having a perfect win loss record.
    Camping is not efficient argument makes no sense as this game does not have a time limit. Your argument of wasted energy only applies if this game has a shelf life of say 2 years. Even if it did I can argue that building a strong economy now, not having any casualties and not losing any money to attacks/raids is way more efficient than your alternative which will only subject you to more expensive casualties as you level up and obviously running into a proportionally larger pool of strong players at higher levels than what I encounter at level 6.

3. There’s no way to build a strong army or alliance network if you camp.
    There's nothing stopping anyone who is camping at any level to have max alliance and still invite more alliance members. Also, a disciplined camping account will have no problems outfitting their army with the best possible equipment.

How to pick a fight: LOOK FIRST! Don’t just attack anyone in your list, use the raid button and look at your rival’s profile. You will know who you can win and who you shouldn’t touch. Don’t use the revenge button when you got attacked/raided. It will mark your name on your opponent’s wall and he/she can come back and bite you anytime he/she desires to do so.
    I don't pick fights. Rivals pick me and I win every attack and raid attempts.
    When I choose to stop camping and employ my attack emphasis build I would not need to look at the rivals lists as I will have max alliance and most likely level 8 dry docks which may allow me to buy the best possible units with superior attack scores and the best overall defense. Most of my rivals will have only upgraded their unit builds to level 2 or most likely still be at level 1 and will have limited weak options for unit purchases.

How should I build my base: Expanse the base and the vault as soon as you have money and the last expansion completes. Build every money building, wait till you have a strong eco system before building advanced unit buildings, keep leveling your money buildings and think twice before you level up your unit buildings.
    This sounds familiar.....
    Looks like you are pitching a tent, building a fire, roasting marshmallows and singing kumbaya.
    Right camper?
    Last edited by emcee; 01-22-2012 at 07:34 AM.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by emcee View Post
    Here comes the disclaimer. I've been playing MW on or about Dec 4, 2011.
    Level 6 $121342/hr and climbing. By the way to date I haven't lost 1 unit.
    Thank you for proving my point.
    Lv 58 110928/hr and climbing. Lost tons of unit from attacking(ed) and raiding(ed).
    I don't think it's that hard to make up the 10000 difference in 14 or so days.

Post Count
    Thank you for proving my point.
    Lv 58 110928/hr and climbing. Lost tons of unit from attacking(ed) and raiding(ed).
    I don't think it's that hard to make up the 10000 difference in 14 or so days.
    I think you both have flaws in your strategy. But, who is to say whose strategy is best? I am semi-camping at a higher level than emcee, but am not raiding or attacking as much as nighthunter. I am currently at 179,267/hr and climbing. 876 fights won & 219 successful raids.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by EnjoyLife View Post
    I think you both have flaws in your strategy. But, who is to say whose strategy is best? I am semi-camping at a higher level than emcee, but am not raiding or attacking as much as nighthunter. I am currently at 179,267/hr and climbing. 876 fights won & 219 successful raids.
    I lost focus for a while,spent money on over-priced defence buildings when I should've put them on ecomomy

Post Count
    I have the maximum amount of defense buildings with a lot of upgrades too. I just think that both of your strategies haves merits and flaws. Do you think that your hourly income will surpass mine? If so, when do you think that would happen?

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    I have the maximum amount of defense buildings with a lot of upgrades too. I just think that both of your strategies haves merits and flaws. Do you think that your hourly income will surpass mine? If so, when do you think that would happen?
    dunno,it really depends on what building you upgrade.
    upgrading the depots would give you a high hourly income on the paper but upgrading something like weapon factory would probably be more beneficial if not checking in constantly...I am still debating, how do you upgrade yours?

Post Count
    dunno,it really depends on what building you upgrade.
    upgrading the depots would give you a high hourly income on the paper but upgrading something like weapon factory would probably be more beneficial if not checking in constantly...I am still debating, how do you upgrade yours?
    I upgrade based on what will give me higher increases in hourly and what I will have money to upgrade. On weekends I upgrade buildings that have higher timers for collection, since I can collect from short timers during the weekend. During the week, I do the opposite. I started with this strategy a week or two ago and it seems to be working, so far.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    I upgrade based on what will give me higher increases in hourly and what I will have money to upgrade. On weekends I upgrade buildings that have higher timers for collection, since I can collect from short timers during the weekend. During the week, I do the opposite. I started with this strategy a week or two ago and it seems to be working, so far.
    say on average I can increase my hourly input by 3000/day (guestimate, probably on the high end), then it would take about 20 days to get to your level

Post Count
    say on average I can increase my hourly input by 3000/day (guestimate, probably on the high end), then it would take about 20 days to get to your level
    But, where will I be in 20 days?

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    But, where will I be in 20 days?
    when did you start?

Lurker
    Post Count

What is the best website to watch One for the Money on?

The emergence in the internet has established an alternative to have an online movie entertainment outside of our tv or cinema. Today, is possible to see movies in a streaming format right there looking at our laptop or home pc. You can easily find models of websites that gives you having access to online movies while many offers its visitors the chance to pay per rent on their site. Seeking the honest ones usually are not very easy to find however the main ones are there for many people to educate yourself regarding.

Watch One for the Money Online

The best thing about streaming videos is that you won't infect your personal machine with virus which some encounter while wanting to stream movies. Websites that enables their website visitors to watch movies offers them the alternative to go looking by title for your movie of the choice or even an easier method useful to seek out your favourite movie at the earliest opportunity. Besides enjoying these movies on the websites, additionally, they allow use of tv shows, sports events, music videos and many more. New movies are added daily from the fair ones which always endeavor to give its visitors the most effective.

Watch One for the Money Free

Divx formats gets the top quality video formats so its better to look for your best movies in divx formats. Some websites online showcase their movies in Divx formats. For anyone who is the type that love good quality products, always select websites that has got divx formats. A Divx player or webplayer should be downloaded so that you can watch a movies or possibly a tv show in divx format. Don't worry about the space it could occupy on your own hardware want . divx player is the fastest and easiest solution to have a movie online.

Watch One for the Money Online

Most sites that offers online movies has a members page that enables its users to sign in if he or she wish to download their favourite movies. Should you be comfortable watching movies online you'll need to look for websites that supply varieties of links and in addition updates their website with current movies every time they become available, every day the modern episode on your own television shows. Maybe you have got any movie you typically needed to watch, you can certainly try to find it and suit yourself.