My rival list has shrunk. hows yours...

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My rival list has shrunk. hows yours...

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count

My rival list has shrunk. hows yours...

Just several hrs ago, my rival list was ranging from lv34-lv90.
    But now even after tens of refresh, its always the same 25 people who are at least level 60.
    im starting to sense there is a pattern for the rival list changing circle...just the same time last week, i was also stuck with one same rival list, then all of a sudden, the rival list widened...now it shrank again

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    New rival list implemented just hours ago. Based on your level. Not size.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Bad change.

Post Count
    That accounts for the L200 with only 2 allies that just popped into my list. They had over 41000000 cash but only 56 attack and 141 defense.
    Modern War
    IOS - Agent Orange - ID 863 440 860
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Android - Agent Orange -ID 179 321 004
    Free Player since 7/18/12
    Level 33+

War of Nations - Agent Orange - Quit the game
    Free Player since 5/30/13

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Orange View Post
    That accounts for the L200 with only 2 allies that just popped into my list. They had over 41000000 cash but only 56 attack and 141 defense.
    I take it you did the decent thing and relieved them of some of their cash surplus!

That accounts for why the only people who attacked my overnight all lost and i lost no units yippee! My rival list at Level 39 is now showing from 36-41 only, checked on several refreshes, it's also showing people with similar numbers of allies too, last night it was 33-43 with 1.5 times as many allies. Thing is this sort of change does mean a rework of my game strategy and I was already looking at about a month to do the immediate building upgrades I wanted. I had been prioritising defence, but now I want to increase my attack strength, it's a week or so to get the shipyard alone up a couple of levels!

Ok there's more different than just the rivals list, I've just attacked 6 times and lost nothing and neither have the people I attacked. They were considerably weaker though but I still expected to drop 1-2 units on each hit. Looks like the current balance will encourage levelling up again.
    Last edited by Wildfire; 12-30-2011 at 03:28 AM.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Spoke too soon just dropped 8 units including a Frigate in my next 5 attacks, lost 1 too that I thought I'd win easily, hate that in the middle of a PVP so many in a row challenge.
    Last edited by Wildfire; 12-30-2011 at 03:51 AM.

Lurker
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by bredo2 View Post
    Bad change.
    I agree this sort of change is one that will stop me playing. I now have rivals which typically have 250+ alliance members I have 7!!!! No realistic chance of winning a battle now!

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I think i kno who ur referring to. DesertFox, lv200,extremely weak with 40 million cash. I saw him too. since he was to weak to fight, i raided him. Lost 3 units, robbed nothing. He better be one of the devs.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildfire View Post
    Spoke too soon just dropped 8 units including a Frigate in my next 5 attacks, lost 1 too that I thought I'd win easily, hate that in the middle of a PVP so many in a row challenge.
    Yes you did speak way too soon! My overnight losses were higher as well.

Now for the really bad news, if you were counting on flying under the radar with low ally count you got screwed because it now seems to be based on only your level.

Have more to add but has to be later.
    Modern War
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Level 33+

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Lucky ME. I just managed to attack him 6 times. I lost 1-3 units everytime,but total worth it. basically, 25 experience + 300k cash every battle.

Post Count
    I'm getting tired of the changes midstream. It's not a bad game, it's pretty fun actually. But how can you follow a strategy when the rules change all the time? I mean, it is a strategy game. Unless Funzio thinks we get off on watching the graphics? Sheesh. Quit messing with the game and just tighten up some of the gaps without rearranging the priorities.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    So based on the picture from your other post zynshmily a strong level 70, was losing 1-3 units each attack against a player with 141 defence. Sort of makes the case that the win or loss in an attack depends on the relative strengths of the players but the loss of units in an attack doesn't.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    For about an hour last night, I was casualty free. It was glorious. I desperately leveled so could feed the rush. Then. All of a sudden. Casualties were worse then ever accompanied by constant crashing.

208 777 821

Best way to send the developers a message is via the contact feature under support menu. Direct to their inbox, and they have to reply, even if it is generic.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildfire View Post
    So based on the picture from your other post zynshmily a strong level 70, was losing 1-3 units each attack against a player with 141 defence. Sort of makes the case that the win or loss in an attack depends on the relative strengths of the players but the loss of units in an attack doesn't.
    To answer your question, my stat is lv71 with 18k attk/def.
    When i attack any person whose level is lower than mine, as long as his def is less than 2200, i hardly lose units now. I have 38 stamina points. I once did a record when used up all points attacking lv50s with 2000 def, i only lost one tree sniper while getting many loots. Also, 1-14 exp and 1-4 valor every battle.

I guess the level difference plays a great role in a battle besides the attack and defense score.
    Attacking that lv200 dude really proves my thought. I was bound to lose units but 25 exp each time is also very comforting.

Additionally, i think funzio owes us an explanation how that lv200 person is possible

Post Count
    I think that player was hitting up specific challenges in the maps, some pork out some good cash and xp plus loot. Where I would have been hiding while turtling.

I posted the same thing about changes to a strategy game midstream a month ago, appearantly this is normal for Funzio so I kind of keep it in the back of my mind and why I've started to have a more balanced approach to the game but that is no consolation for those that just got monumentally screwed.
    Modern War
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Level 33+