Economy planning & discussion - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Economy planning & discussion

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Euchred View Post
    I just have a question about later on. My situation is I just bought 2 rock cafes and now I can afford to continually upgrade my MTs and lofts. so I put my lofts to level 4 and now my MTs are going to level 7, then i plan to put my lofts to level 5 for 6 million each which is not an issue. However after that i could afford to keep going but ROI tells me that zues theatres and churches come next which compared to the 6 million $ upgrades they aren't near as expensive.

Bottom line do I follow ROI at this point or continually upgrade my big ticket type a buildings until they become unaffordable?
    Quote Originally Posted by stixx View Post
    Im almost in same postition as you are. And im going for churches and zeus. More lvled buildings = more money.
    Thus far my analysis is strongest at the earlier stages, but when it comes to high level buildings, especially the gold ones, if there is a growth penalty compared to the "Big 3" Type As then it's very slight. Basically do what you feel like here. I might change my opinion on this later on, though. I will recommend limiting your choices as upgrading a bunch of high level Type Bs in parallel is not the fastest way to growth.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke.0 View Post
    Ok so what if your already "mid level" like me ..level 88.

Do i build and level up laundromats to level 10 right now? I don't have any currently.
    I do have all 12/24/48 hour buildings up to Lofts built (ie: i don't have crematoriums) I find i really don't have robberies and i collect 100% of the pickups.

Here is what i currently have:

Tattoo - 5 & 6
    Pawn - 6 & 7
    Gun shop - 5 & 5
    House - 6 & 6
    Bagel - 3 & 4
    Warehouse - 7 & 4
    Museum - 3 & 3
    Electronics - 4 & 4
    Dominican - 2 & 2
    Fish Store - 4 & 4
    Internet - 1 & 1
    Beachside Inn - 1 & 1
    Movie Theater - 4 & 3
    Loft - 1 & 1
    Basketball Court - 10 & 9
    Meat Factory - 3 & 4
    Brownstone 1 & 1

$17,085 / hour shown

Should i break away from my build time strategy and make Italian Rest and Souvenir Shops?

According to your list i should:
    1. build 2 x level 10 laundromats
    2. level the tattoo and or house
    3. save for movie theater upgrades and upgrade when i can
    4. save for loft upgrades and upgrade when possible

Yes or no?
    I haven't calculated a cut-off point for Laundromats; it depends so much on playing style and relative position. Off-hand I'd say by level 68 Laundromats are probably not worth it anymore unless you're severely cash strapped to the point where you cannot build all available buildings in a timely fashion. Income-wise, by $50k/hr, 2 level 10 Laundromats' pure theoretical outcome will constitute less than 10%.

In your case I'd say $17k at level 88 is critically low and an adjustment needs to be made. I'll leave the decision to build and upgrade Laundromats up to you, but the rest of your plan is what I would do if I were interested in only long payouts. Some are going to say that at your stage throwing money at the House and Tattoo Parlor is downright silly, but you really need to get access to growth upgrades, and those buildings are a way of keeping the upgrade resource "meaningfully busy".
    Last edited by Tramp Stamp; 12-25-2011 at 10:43 PM.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by stixx View Post
    The best thing to do is to upgrade them together, cause buildings dont genrate money while they upgrade. Image you have 2 buildings each generate 10k, if you upgrade just one building, the other keeps genarating 10 k. While the building thats being upgraded doesnt make any cash, instead itll only costs you.
    This is an important point that should be expounded upon. Upgrading the high ticket buildings punches your economy in the gut in a direct exchange of available funds for future growth. Starting with an ROI base hedges this effect as a base built in parallel limits loss. The end effect of the Type A ROI base is a platform that generates approximately $10k/hr with frequent payouts, which provides more than enough breathing room assuming the player starts with the strategy. Over time regular operating income will increase, but in the short term the player is expected to survive off his "shanty town".
    Last edited by Tramp Stamp; 12-24-2011 at 10:24 AM.

Post Count
    I know my income is low and i have not been really focusing on increasing my income per hour at all.

what i have been doing is focusing on strengthening my mafia and defense a lot more so then boosting economy.
    The way i think about it is, the money i make should be used for items and defense, more so then constantly upgrading money buildings. Seems foolish to think that all your money you make is just being pumped right back into money buildings and not taking into account for defense or items. That is the point of money buildings after all isn't it? To boost your defense / attack and help improve your mafia. To me, it seems like insanity to keep taking all your money you make and just pumping it back into the money buildings without first boosting defense and items for your mafia.

However, i understand that if i spend more money, i will make more money which is why this is interesting to me. Additionally, i find that the laundromats add about 9,000 income per hour, however nobody collects that much. It would be reasonable to think that they collect less then 15% of that total. Even with the 3 hour buildings and 6 hour buildings, chances are people do not collect their full amount. Which is one of the reasons i choose the 12/24/48 hour buildings. While it looks like my 17000/hour is low, its not too bad to me, as i can collect upwards of 300-500k a day if i do not spend anything.

I agree i should upgrade my movie theaters and lofts ASAP. I have been more concerned with boosting my defense as of late since i'm getting close to the "big boys", i feel i need to protect my money buildings and thus are making lots of defenses. I have upwards of 30-35 Gatling guns level 1 or 2 (spent about 2,500,000 on Gatling Guns) and also many Muay Thai buildings and upgrading those. So its not as though i'm strapped for cash coming in. In a few days i could have 800,000-1,000,000 saved up if i don't spend anything upgrading defense or items.

If i stop spending for a few days while i upgrade the tattoo shops or the houses, i probably can collect enough to upgrade the movie theaters a few more times which would put me in a good position to level the Lofts too.

while this information in this thread is amazing and really valuable, i would also like to add my 2 cents to say that one should not totally focus on only taking their income and putting it right back into money buildings, this may lead to a neglect to defense to protect your investment. Instead, have a balance where you take your income and divide it up and spend some on defense, some on money building upgrades and occasionally spend some on items too. After all, thats the point of money buildings, to boost your mafia. It makes little sense to me to keep upgrading your money buildings to make more money and not spending anything on defense or items. Spinning your wheels in a tail spin of uselessness is all you would be doing. Sure, you can boost your economy, i'm not saying you shouldn't, But there should be a time when your money coming in is used in different ways, and not always for upgrading money buildings over and over and over again.

Thanks for the reply btw
    i'll be following your advice and leveling the house / tattoo and saving for movie theater's and loft upgrades ! You rock Tramp Stamp

Duke
    Crime City 134 879 357
    Modern War 124 871 397

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke.0 View Post
    while this information in this thread is amazing and really valuable, i would also like to add my 2 cents to say that one should not totally focus on only taking their income and putting it right back into money buildings, this may lead to a neglect to defense to protect your investment. Instead, have a balance where you take your income and divide it up and spend some on defense, some on money building upgrades and occasionally spend some on items too. After all, thats the point of money buildings, to boost your mafia. It makes little sense to me to keep upgrading your money buildings to make more money and not spending anything on defense or items. Spinning your wheels in a tail spin of uselessness is all you would be doing. Sure, you can boost your economy, i'm not saying you shouldn't, But there should be a time when your money coming in is used in different ways, and not always for upgrading money buildings over and over and over again.
    Just wanted to comment on this. I take a different approach, just wanted to share. I touched on it earlier, but wanted to drive the point home. The only money I spend on defense is explosives. (This is pre-update, so lower prices, I might change this later :P)

All of my energy goes into farming defensive items such as the NATO Gas Mask (4/18) and State Jackets (3/10). That way I am saving my money and respect for upgrading and attack items. Been doing this for about a week now, and it's working out great! Wish I'd of done it sooner!

Thought I'd share, Merry Christmas everyone!
    Crime City: 481-667-114 Level: 120 Stats Updated: 1/10/12
    Modern War: 725-841-085 Level: 14 Stats Updated: 12/6/11

Post Count
    Yea syn, good point about state jackets and nato gas masks, those are excellent!

I find the state jacket to have a good drop rate in the graveyard (although i don't really farm for it anyplace else..)

Duke
    Crime City 134 879 357
    Modern War 124 871 397

Post Count
    It's funny you bring up the point of spending money, Duke, as the primary criticism levied toward me thus far is overrating ROI, which keeps maximum cash on hand. In any case, this strategy will, over time, generate the most cash to be used toward whatever you want. Upgrading takes time, during which cash accumulates, and, as long as there is some sort of upgrade going on, do whatever you want with the remainder. When it comes time to upgrade again, simply go down the list and pick the most expensive upgrade affordable. The build strategy is not intended to be rigid and all-encompassing. It's a guide to help players choose the most beneficial upgrade path regardless of position. If House upgrades are all you can afford at the moment, then go for it.

Post Count
    Syn should make a loot guide.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Tramp Stamp View Post

Lurker
    Post Count
    Yes I agree, Syn should make a loot guide for both offensive and defensive loots. Thanks in advanced and Merry Christmas! hehe!

Post Count
    You know, I have been dabbling with Microsoft Publisher. I have put together a template, just need to put the data in.

I wanted to make a go-to for all guide. Economy, PVP, PVE, loot, missions, achievements, respect, etc. The works! I have asked a few people if I can use their data in it, but not everyone. Of course, anyone who contributes will get credit.

Do you think I should put the effort into it? If yes, I can get started right after the holidays. It would take a few weeks, but I think it would be more than worth it. I will put it into multiple formats as well so everyone can benefit for it.

Sorry this is off topic Tramp Stamp, didn't feel this needed a brand new thread. Let me know!

Post Count
    The problem with an all-inclusive guide is that no one is "best" at all aspects of the game. With widely varying opinions/options on every aspect of the game I am skeptical that a single author could be objective enough to analyze all valid viewpoints. New knowledge is rapidly generated, so parts of your guide are likely to become rapidly obsolete.

Personally, I recommend first tackling game aspects with the largest knowledge holes then worry about piecing it all together when it's all "done". In the interim, spreading knowledge may be best served by creating a frequently bumped thread that maintains a "best of" link farm.
    Last edited by Tramp Stamp; 12-24-2011 at 12:08 PM.

Post Count
    The problem with an all-inclusive guide is that no one is "best" at all aspects of the game. With widely varying opinions/options on every aspect of the game I am skeptical that a single author could be objective enough to analyze all valid viewpoints. New knowledge is rapidly generated, so parts of your guide are likely to become rapidly obsolete.

Personally, I recommend first tackling game aspects with the largest knowledge holes then worry about piecing it all together when it's all "done". In the interim, spreading knowledge may be best served by creating a frequently bumped thread that maintains a "best of" link farm.
    I honestly thought of that, the different play styles. I was going to make this guide similar to one you would buy in a store, like a Prima, Piggyback, or BradyGames. I would lay out the different ways and viewpoints to go about playing the game. The reader would then decide the best choice.

But I do concede that this is a monumental task for one person. Maybe I would just write what I have done so far, because I have played it two different ways now. The fast track with my main character and the camper route with my sleeper account.

The suggestion of a thread of best of guides is a great idea, in fact I think I will do that right now unless someone else has beat me to it

Post Count
    Updated spreadsheet with more building sizes. Some data is missing and some of it is likely inaccurate, so corrections are appreciated. I put something in every field so hopefully it won't mess up when sorting anymore.
    Last edited by Tramp Stamp; 12-24-2011 at 02:28 PM.

Post Count
    Updated spreadsheet with more building sizes. Some data is missing and some of it is likely inaccurate, so corrections appreciated. I put something in every field so hopefully it won't mess up when sorting anymore.
    Here is the link for those looking for it