qwikster: $47,534, +24.54%
    AppleMacGuy: $158,621, +19.90%
    Kaen: $16,567, +19.44%
    Mickey: $60,044, +19.12%
    popeye: $42,854, +16.91%
    duder: $41,025, +16.45%
    Barbie Girl: $24,307, +13.94%
    TLoord: $27,804, +6.06%
    I still can't understand what are the buildings and build time that can make 120% difference in two weeks.

Post Count
    Very detailed and comprehensive analysis. Thank you for sharing this valuable information. It is very useful to me as I try to build my economy. So far I think I have not really been doing a very good job - mainly due to my lack of knowledge. My economy remains weak and I barely make 16K/hour. Should I focus on upgrading my bigger buildins (movie theatre, dominican, beach motel) first or should I focus on upgrading my smaller more frequent payout buildings (ice cream, laundramat, italian restaurants) first? Or should I buy lofts and crematoriams before upgrading anything? I realize I need to do all of the above but what would be the best order to do so? Thank you for reading and your advice.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by yshen View Post
    I still can't understand what are the buildings and build time that can make 120% difference in two weeks.
    Simple really, 3-hour buildings. I never have downtime when something is not upgrading. 70% of the time it's a 3 hour building because that's my play style.
    Crime City: 481-667-114 Level: 120 Stats Updated: 1/10/12
    Modern War: 725-841-085 Level: 14 Stats Updated: 12/6/11

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by yshen View Post
    One week.

Quote Originally Posted by Nudie View Post
    Should I focus on upgrading my bigger buildins (movie theatre, dominican, beach motel) first or should I focus on upgrading my smaller more frequent payout buildings (ice cream, laundramat, italian restaurants) first? Or should I buy lofts and crematoriams before upgrading anything? I realize I need to do all of the above but what would be the best order to do so? Thank you for reading and your advice.
    I wouldn't materially change the strategy. You're past the opener part so you can skip Step 1 so I would start with Step 2, upgrading Laundromats. You'll accumulate a lot of money waiting for the Laundromats to complete. Use that to build the highest output buildings first. When it comes time to upgrade something else, pick the most expensive item doable from the list then keep building new high output buildings when more funds become available.
    Last edited by Tramp Stamp; 12-24-2011 at 12:13 AM.

Post Count
    Thanks Tramp, I'll work on my laundromats first.

Post Count
    This is a good analysis tramp stamp!

Post Count
    in your opnion what would say is better,

you have 2 buildings you want to upgrade them both, do you upgrade 1 to level 2 then level 3 .... level 10 etc.. and then start on the 2nd, or is it better to, upgrade 1 to level 2 then the second to level 2 then the first to level 3 then the 2nd to level 3 and so on and so on?? which is better and why?
    seeya wouldnt wanna be ya!

Post Count

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by xclusiv View Post
    in your opnion what would say is better,

you have 2 buildings you want to upgrade them both, do you upgrade 1 to level 2 then level 3 .... level 10 etc.. and then start on the 2nd, or is it better to, upgrade 1 to level 2 then the second to level 2 then the first to level 3 then the 2nd to level 3 and so on and so on?? which is better and why?
    The best thing to do is to upgrade them together, cause buildings dont genrate money while they upgrade.
    Image you have 2 buildings each generate 10k, if you upgrade just one building, the other keeps genarating 10 k. While the building thats being upgraded doesnt make any cash, instead itll only costs you.
    So always make sure your buildings are equally being upgrade.

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    I just have a question about later on. My situation is I just bought 2 rock cafes and now I can afford to continually upgrade my MTs and lofts. so I put my lofts to level 4 and now my MTs are going to level 7, then i plan to put my lofts to level 5 for 6 million each which is not an issue. However after that i could afford to keep going but ROI tells me that zues theatres and churches come next which compared to the 6 million $ upgrades they aren't near as expensive.

Bottom line do I follow ROI at this point or continually upgrade my big ticket type a buildings until they become unaffordable?

Post Count
    Im almost in same postition as you are. And im going for churches and zeus. More lvled buildings = more money.

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by stixx View Post
    Im almost in same postition as you are. And im going for churches and zeus. More lvled buildings = more money.
    I'm inclined to agree with this, the upgrade times for those aren't that long either. I also want to save up for upscale clubs and condos. i may not have enough income to do all of this. Time will tell.

Post Count
    Ok so what if your already "mid level" like me ..level 88.

Do i build and level up laundromats to level 10 right now? I don't have any currently.
    I do have all 12/24/48 hour buildings up to Lofts built (ie: i don't have crematoriums) I find i really don't have robberies and i collect 100% of the pickups.

Here is what i currently have:

Tattoo - 5 & 6
    Pawn - 6 & 7
    Gun shop - 5 & 5
    House - 6 & 6
    Bagel - 3 & 4
    Warehouse - 7 & 4
    Museum - 3 & 3
    Electronics - 4 & 4
    Dominican - 2 & 2
    Fish Store - 4 & 4
    Internet - 1 & 1
    Beachside Inn - 1 & 1
    Movie Theater - 4 & 3
    Loft - 1 & 1
    Basketball Court - 10 & 9
    Meat Factory - 3 & 4
    Brownstone 1 & 1

$17,085 / hour shown

Should i break away from my build time strategy and make Italian Rest and Souvenir Shops?

According to your list i should:
    1. build 2 x level 10 laundromats
    2. level the tattoo and or house
    3. save for movie theater upgrades and upgrade when i can
    4. save for loft upgrades and upgrade when possible

Yes or no?
    Last edited by Duke.0; 12-24-2011 at 07:31 AM.

Duke
    Crime City 134 879 357
    Modern War 124 871 397

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Tramp Stamp, Thank you for your genius! A lot of us out here would be nowhere without you! I was lucky enough to read some of your threads 6 weeks ago when I started. I am now at Level 31 with $26,614/h. I strictly follow the "Always Be Upgrading" hood management strategy. Right now (because I can afford them and the necessary hood expansions to fit them), I have purchased every non gold building available at my level. I also have two Movie Threaters and two Lofts. They all fit nicely, and I won't have a problem raising 1M for my next hood expansion. Anyway, just want to say thanks for all the help!

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    i would said awesome post. now this is a brainer post.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by xclusiv View Post
    Upgrading in parallel will net in lower ROI. Upgrading in series leads to faster growth. In my opinion if ROI is important then a cheaper upgrade should be selected, so I am inclined to upgrade in series.
    Last edited by Tramp Stamp; 12-24-2011 at 11:52 AM.