Modern War Tortoise guide for newbies. Slow and steady..... - Page 8

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Modern War Tortoise guide for newbies. Slow and steady.....

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    There's nothing wrong with camping. It's a strategy. It's not cheating as hackers do that. Can't see what the fuss is about to be honest. Play the game how you want, take advice when you need it, then, it's up to you what to do. No point blaming others for being stronger, better equipped etc. the point on game inflation is true. Especially with the devaluation of previously bought gold items. Same as in life, you have a choice. If inflation rockets, don't spend. If everyone did this then inflation is forced down again. Supply and demand is the game in play here. Answer- don't demand. It's hard but worth it in the long run. I'm going to camp soon I think! Lol

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    With factions, syndicates and guilds taking up a lot of time I have not had a chance to update this guide.
    Most of what I said applies but with the addition of limited time buildings and faction its pretty different game from what I started back in Dec 2011.

With factions I have participated in two long wars. McArthur who had a perfect win/loss record prior to factions was pretty much attacked relentlessly from many high level players. Churchll the same. I wouldn't trade all the loses though as it has made coming out of camping mode much more enjoyable and get a sense of the new game.

My experience in the trenches has had an impact in preparing and recruiting for CC and KA upcoming wars.

The new wrinkle now is the introduction of many high end cash and valor units. So I've gone back to camping like Chimera and take a break from factions, get my ACs, arctics and villas on both accounts leveled up while adding more new buildings if and when it comes up. So with iph around 2.3 mil and 1.45 mil on my accounts it will not take too long for income to jump even further while unlocking the key unit building upgrades and being able to equip my army with top cash units.

Verbose Veteran Ph4ntom Stranger's Avatar
    Post Count
    Nice emcee, the turtling will be paying you back handsomely with your high iph allowing you to get the limited money buildings with ease and then upgrading them with relative ease, and with the introduction of the new cash units obtaining really good stats with in game cash! Lol wow long sentence, sounds funny, but I like it anyway.

Banned
    Post Count
    My way is to only upgrade buildings with a decent IPH gain/upgrade time. Most of the beginning buildings such as steel mill and command center aren't even worth upgrading. I also did boss events until level 25 to get the easy tier done. I'm level 26 now with over 8k A/D on my LLP.

Post Count
    Totally agree with this but I've taken the approach of only doing boss event's, thanks to that my camper has gotten 5 rares... my stats are

level: 15
    Atk: 5029
    def: 5044
    IPH: 30014

The indestructible units from bosses are to important

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Sillybeans View Post
    Totally agree with this but I've taken the approach of only doing boss event's, thanks to that my camper has gotten 5 rares... my stats are

level: 15
    Atk: 5029
    def: 5044
    IPH: 30014

The indestructible units from bosses are to important
    how much time U waited and gathered Urself to start beating bosses. minime is approx 3 weeks old now, he got to boss 22, but levelling up is what sucks. Gotta build up IPH and buy good units first. So dunno if he is ready for another round to go all the way to lvl35, cause otherwise he will be in next tier already (right now it has level 13).

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Alo View Post
    how much time U waited and gathered Urself to start beating bosses. minime is approx 3 weeks old now, he got to boss 22, but levelling up is what sucks. Gotta build up IPH and buy good units first. So dunno if he is ready for another round to go all the way to lvl35, cause otherwise he will be in next tier already (right now it has level 13).
    Any amount of time really; mine is about 1month old? won a 10mill scratcher and a 5 'person?' to receive a 225 atk hele. It helped be fill uo all my units so my worst is the 7atk 5def plane. I'm just doing boss events when they show up... i could wait and complete them but i'm probably going to do the next until lv 23ish then stop and build up to do the last completely without gold and go into the next teir, then do boss events only for units while increasing IPH.

Munition is lv 9 and other is lv8... command lv4, air field lv 4 and a ore mine is lv 2 now...

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Sillybeans View Post
    Any amount of time really; mine is about 1month old? won a 10mill scratcher and a 5 'person?' to receive a 225 atk hele. It helped be fill uo all my units so my worst is the 7atk 5def plane. I'm just doing boss events when they show up... i could wait and complete them but i'm probably going to do the next until lv 23ish then stop and build up to do the last completely without gold and go into the next teir, then do boss events only for units while increasing IPH.

Munition is lv 9 and other is lv8... command lv4, air field lv 4 and a ore mine is lv 2 now...
    yeah, that I wanted to know too, at what level to stop, to make 35 bosses in same tier. Or how does it work? When I start at lvl25, I move to level 26 then next boss is already the next tiers power? My weakest unit is light gunner I can bring more units into battle than I have (right now I have 71 units (including light gunners etc) and that makes 4+k defence, holds off MOST attackers, but not all). Shipyard is lvl4 now, but upgrading it to buy the high rank ships. Airfield is lvl1. Upgrading 24/7, just takes time to get the units I want/need.

Post Count
    yeah, that I wanted to know too, at what level to stop, to make 35 bosses in same tier. Or how does it work? When I start at lvl25, I move to level 26 then next boss is already the next tiers power? My weakest unit is light gunner I can bring more units into battle than I have (right now I have 71 units (including light gunners etc) and that makes 4+k defence, holds off MOST attackers, but not all). Shipyard is lvl4 now, but upgrading it to buy the high rank ships. Airfield is lvl1. Upgrading 24/7, just takes time to get the units I want/need.
    I think boss tier doesn't change until the event is ended. So if you started at 25, you will be fighting tier 1 boss until the event is ended, regardless of your level, you could be level 200 and still fighting tier 1 boss, if you can make it to level 200 in time LOL.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by qq1972 View Post
    I think boss tier doesn't change until the event is ended. So if you started at 25, you will be fighting tier 1 boss until the event is ended, regardless of your level, you could be level 200 and still fighting tier 1 boss, if you can make it to level 200 in time LOL.
    good to know, gonna build my minimes levelling ups and strategy around that then tnx

Post Count
    [QUOTE=Alo;626596]When I start at lvl25, I move to level 26 then next boss is already the next tiers power? QUOTE]

You have my word it stays in the same tier if you level. I went from 50-54 during the one with the crusier and it didn't get more difficult. Check my Signature for all the information you'll need... even the experiance formula for bosses so you can find out where you'll stop

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Nice guide!! My way was that I got 10 mil on a scratcher bought as many good attack units as possible even though i only have 38 allies, so i could be the best person at my level, sat there collecting money and now on this boss event go full out. Level 20 stats are 9000 each. Ive lost one fight in the last 4 months. Just saying
    If I had a dollar for how many brains you didn't have, I'd have 1 dollar.

Lurker
    Post Count

My opinion

To me camping is good but don't overdo it cause I've tried it once and did get bored
    What we all should do is get our nation bonus building up all the way and then upgrade some buildings 3/4 the way then start to level up.
    My code is 528 478 851 add me

Lurker
    Post Count

Camping with the faction

Quote Originally Posted by Happytrey45 View Post
    To me camping is good but don't overdo it cause I've tried it once and did get bored
    What we all should do is get our nation bonus building up all the way and then upgrade some buildings 3/4 the way then start to level up.
    My code is 528 478 851 add me
    Campiong is a great strategy but what about camping with a faction? This is what I do
    My IPH is 1,2M...I'm rich and happy.
    I found a faction for pacifism activists who do not care about attaking all day long.
    We want to gather forces to buy all money building boosters to increase our IPH
    Nice, isn't it?

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahtettona View Post
    Campiong is a great strategy but what about camping with a faction? This is what I do
    My IPH is 1,2M...I'm rich and happy.
    I found a faction for pacifism activists who do not care about attaking all day long.
    We want to gather forces to buy all money building boosters to increase our IPH
    Nice, isn't it?

^ This is awesome. Sounds great.