a fair warning to gold players...

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: a fair warning to gold players...

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count

a fair warning to gold players...

Recently, i've discovered a conspiracy, which may benefit someone who's about to expand their armies.
    First of all, i dont need some lower-than-4k-attack players lecture me about the randomness of casualty, because you guys have no idea what i'm talking about.
    In short, the hidden trap is that the more excessive units you have, the more easily you lose your units.
    It's like you have too many unused soldiers, so they deserve to die since you can't bring them to a war.
    I'm drawing on my own experience. I used to keep a perfect balance between my level and the size of my army. I distinctively remember i was level 45 with around 920 units. 'til lv49, the number of units always corresponded closely to the largest number of army i can bring to the battlefield. Everything was perfect, i hardly lost units.
    I really can't stress "hardly" enough. Statistically speaking, losing 2 units per 60 battles (tops). (Just FYI, my attack was 8k+ and i tended to pick ppl with less than 1.5k def)
    Everything changed when i was level 49 with 1350 units. I can lose some precious units by beating up a 1000-defense. not only do the many excessive units not make the fights more lucrative, they become a huge burden. They make your army vulnerable as hell when attacking.
    I've confirmed this situation with several ppl. they all have the same feeling as me (more or less).
    The reason i call this a hidden trap is because only whales will have so many excessive units. Once they kno you've got money, they wanna suck you dry. so this is ****ing rigged...they deliberately make you lose units to encourage you to keep recharging...
    i deeply regret that i exchange 40K valor for super hornet... now my army size went down from 1400 to 1200...during the battles in which a 11K attack/def vs 1.5k attack/def.
    miss the good old days that my army size increased by 100 out of loots(without any purchasing units with cash or gold)...
    im not just saying this to complain or criticize. I just want you to know, we are not idiots. We are fully aware what your are doing. We let you get your way because we support this game. even with such lame setting... this kinda game on a mobile device is really handy and addictive...

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I agree. They changed the game on us. This game we are playing now is not the game I spent money on. I want the game I WAS playing BACK, or I want my money back. Fukn A.

208 777 821

Best way to send the developers a message is via the contact feature under support menu. Direct to their inbox, and they have to reply, even if it is generic.

Lurker
    Post Count
    The problem is, people like you, even learning this, would continue playing

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Anyone care to explain this in plain English?

You saying buy 600/1000 troops?

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    k. in simple eng, suppose you have sufficient allies:
    keep the size of your army no more than 20 times your lvl...
    e.g. if your are lv40, the number of your units better be 800-ish. if you have more than 1100 units, the mortality is insane...

Post Count
    I am going to test that theory. I am going to attack others and take the casualties and see. I think I have enough money and with people not attacking these days, it shouldn't be a problem.

I did just start and I lost two high value units and a mostly infantry (infantry is what I have most of). Lost about 18 units and my attk/def, went down, but I am not down to the 4 per ally yet. It will be interesting to see if the amount of casualties suddenly drops when I reach that point or some other.

Oh, BTW I am already below that 20x units by level threshold.
    Last edited by eb0nyknight; 12-21-2011 at 08:09 AM.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Great! While you are at it, there is another thing you can test on.
    Thats about high-end units.
    high-end units are referred to the ones produced in Elite training facility/robotics/adv. airbase/dry docks.
    when i was lv49 without any high-end units, everything was going really well.
    when i was lv50 with 120 super hornet(a high-end,350 valor/each), my low-end units started dying like insane.
    i wonder if high-end unit is a determinant...
    BTW, even tho you may nt care about money that much, dont spend too much on this game...
    I spent 500 over the first 3 days of playing, i reached lv55 with 12k attk/def within 5days. Now i regret it...its addicting at first, then it starts to disappoint you...

Lurker
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by zynshmily View Post
    I spent 500 over the first 3 days of playing..
    What on earth possessed you to spend that kind of $ on the game can i ask?

My wife would castrate me if i did that ****...
    Add me please!
    Modern war ===> Uninstalled
    Crime city ===> 222 999 959

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by BenZozzy View Post
    My wife would castrate me if i did that ****...
    haha. well. for starters, i dont have a wife.
    More importantly, I need something to play in bed, so does my gf.
    she'd rather i spend money on a game than a hooker...

Post Count
    Sadly a hooker might be cheaper.

Lurker
    Post Count
    So what you are saying tramp is that with a hooker he might get a little more bang for his buck?

Post Count
    Well, what would you rather have, an around the world or 3 Yamato Battleships? Captain Okita(s) not included.

Lurker
    Post Count
    I just saw my mortality rate take a big jump after adding a number of allies. I still win the fights but now I'm losing units MUCH more frequently where I rarely if ever had casualties before. (low Allie to level ratio). I think your on to something with this thread.

Post Count
    Well, I have been doing what I said. Still losing a unit or two per attack. I am at level 15 with 186 pieces, so the theory about 20x level is bunk. Still haven't made it down to the 4x allies though. I have a feeling my casualties will abate once I reach that level, if anything will work.

My att/def is definite taking a hit though. down to 615/677, but still far above anyone else I have come across. Still losing mostly low level units (mostly infantry) with an occasional valor unit or medium unit. I would say it's about 20-30% medium or valor units, with only one or two valor units lost in 13 attacks.

BTW, I meant spend in game money. I don't buy gold on this or CC.
    Last edited by eb0nyknight; 12-22-2011 at 07:08 AM.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by CoachPappy View Post
    So what you are saying tramp is that with a hooker he might get a little more bang for his buck?
    Don't give the Devs any ideas, next thing you know we will have hookers as limited time gold units. They embed themselves in the rival army and wipe it out by introducing and STD.
    Modern War
    IOS - Agent Orange - ID 863 440 860
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Android - Agent Orange -ID 179 321 004
    Free Player since 7/18/12
    Level 33+

War of Nations - Agent Orange - Quit the game
    Free Player since 5/30/13