Question Regarding Casualty Rate

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question Regarding Casualty Rate

Articulate Author
    Post Count

Question Question Regarding Casualty Rate

When buying units (infantry, ground, air, sea) it states casualty rate:very low, low, medium, high.

My question is: What does the level of each rate means? Which level are used most when fighting/raiding/etc.?

For example: If I were to purchase infantry units with higher casualty rate, is that going to be used/dropped out of your inventory? Or vice versa.

Can someone please clarify that to me? Thanks!

Post Count
    Its supposed to be:

High = Greater chance of being killed
    |
    |
    V
    Very Low = Slim chance of being killed

However, i have no idea how it works, as i have lost "medium" valor items over my "high" infantry there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason as to what gets used up first. If anybody knows how this works, by all means share the info

Duke
    Crime City 134 879 357
    Modern War 124 871 397

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    A medium is not the same medium as another medium.
    Kingdom Age
    Level 10 Rogue
    Attack 299
    Defence 557
    Income Per Hour: 614

252-794-422

Modern War
    Level 110 China

youj's Gold-less, Valour-less Guide to Success:
    http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...ide-to-Success

I have lost Seahawk helicopters (low) and Fighter Planes (medium) at the same rate.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Thanks for clearing that up for me youj....lol.

Post Count
    There are only four categories. High, medium, low and very low. But thay doesnt mean all the units with a high casualty rate have the same casualty rate, same goes for other units. Likely with every battle there is a percentage of your likelihood to lose units and what amount of units depending on your stats versus the other players stats. Then after that the individual casualty rate percentages come into play. Say you have something like light gunners. Most likely they have the highest casualty rate in the game. Now you have something else like a transport which has a very low casualty rate. There is an a lot higher chance of losing those light gunners than there is of losing the transport. However that does not mean that it is impossible to lose that transport. Say you lose one unit per battle. Theres probably somewhere around or over a 50% chance of losing light gunners. 5% chance of losing units with a very low casualty rate. Just because you have light gunners it does not mean they and only they will die like some of you seem to think.

Other factors come into play as well. Say someone is using units rhat are strong against sea. The likelihood of the transport dying rises. Also the more units of one kind you have the higher chance you have of losing it.

Most of it is common sense really when you actually take the time to think about it. The basic fighting mechanics aren't that complicated to figure out. No doubt i pulled the percentages out of my ass, but you get the gist of it

Post Count
    Don't forget "indestructible".

Verbose Veteran whocareswhatmynameis's Avatar
    Post Count
    i have started a discussion in the suggestion/feedback section where i point out some of the glaring deficits in information about combat dynamics. please add your observations and comments to compel FUNZIO to provide us with a reasonable explanation.

click_here
    (updated mar 16 2012)
    CrimeCity: joined 176 days ago; lvl: 124; size: 695; att/def: 25875/31785; $238,993/hr; qwikster --- 783 445 600

ModernWar: AWOL

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by youj View Post
    A medium is not the same medium as another medium.
    Is it a small medium, or perhaps a small medium at large?

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Orange View Post
    Is it a small medium, or perhaps a small medium at large?
    I think it's the difference between American medium and UK medium.
    Know what I mean !!!

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    @JMC: Thanks, I appreciate your clarification. Just wanted to double check on people's view and see whether I'm on the right path.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    MW toolkit has actual casualty rates on units. Some are like 0.94% and some are 2 or 4 %. My question is how do I get lower ranked casualties. I now lose demolitions, rovers, Hardened marines, bradley tanks and vipers. How do I go back to losing light gunners? Is it based on how many total units I have or my iph or my level or what?

Post Count
    Major, are you even bringing light gunners to battle? what is your 2,000th unit?

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I don't know.sone places sell you a large soda but I swear it comes in a medium cup