Defense Towers! Can Someone Clear My Doubts?

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Defense Towers! Can Someone Clear My Doubts?

Lurker
    Post Count

Defense Towers! Can Someone Clear My Doubts?

Hi people, I know that building defence towers adds to your overall defence that will reflected on your
    profile. But however, everytime I fight or rob somebody. If the person happens to have defence towers. His defence shown on the fight screen is not the same as on the defence that has reflected on his/her profile. The defence on the fight screen will show defence excluding the defence tower's defence. So, does the defence from defence towers help me in fending off attackers and robbers since the defence from the towers is not added to the fight screen? Thanks in advanced to those who can clear my doubt.

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Yes it's added

Banned
    Post Count
    It all works out. I haven't quite figured it out yet myself, but I think it does.

The only thing I cannot even begin to comprehend is why my profile stats say one defense score, and in the "protected" goal my progress jumps all over the place!

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by dudeman View Post
    The only thing I cannot even begin to comprehend is why my profile stats say one defense score, and in the "protected" goal my progress jumps all over the place!
    The "protected" score you see is based on your weapons defense; building defense is not included.

Consistent Contributor nycpizzalover's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheers View Post
    Hi people, I know that building defence towers adds to your overall defence that will reflected on your profile. But however, everytime I fight or rob somebody. If the person happens to have defence towers. His defence shown on the fight screen is not the same as on the defence that has reflected on his/her profile. The defence on the fight screen will show defence excluding the defence tower's defence. So, does the defence from defence towers help me in fending off attackers and robbers since the defence from the towers is not added to the fight screen? Thanks in advanced to those who can clear my doubt.
    Don't rely on just the screen or you will drive yourself nuts. There is also the defense skill points which you don't see which factors into the equation as well as the random factor.

Do the defense buildings help. I can attest that it does. I have built 50 gatling guns and 40 muay thai all at either level 2,3,4 or 5. People who have 20-30K in attack have tried to rob me and failed since my defense is now at 52K. Before I built all of the defense buildings, they were 100% successful in robbing me even though my defense was in the 30K without the buildings.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessie74 View Post
    The "protected" score you see is based on your weapons defense; building defense is not included.
    Yes, I know, but that's still no reason for stats to fluctuate. There is absolutely no reason why I should see a decrease in stats after I just bought thousands of dollars worth of equipment.

Edit: the profile stats don't change, it's the stats indicating my progress towards completing the goal that increase and decrease pretty much randomly.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    CC Mark says that def buildings count towards your def in a 'fight'.

The 'tested' fight results screen doesn't appear to indicate this.

What are we to believe???
    Last edited by Dorian Gray; 12-06-2011 at 11:59 AM. Reason: felt the post needed some big bold letters

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I had 8k attack... Attacked someone with 20k defense. Screen showed they only had 5500 in defense on each attack, I won 10 in a row... Explain to me what happened to his 15k in defense buildings?

Post Count
    Go to a hood that has no buildings at all, just their avatar walking around. Check their defense stats, then attack. Their same defense stats as their profile shows up in the attack info screen. So my guess would be that yes, you use your full equipment defense and half your building when attacked. Vice verse when robbed? Only thing I can add to this discussion.

Edit: Please disregard what I just said. I can't confirm yes or no yet.
    Last edited by Syn; 12-06-2011 at 02:23 PM.
    Crime City: 481-667-114 Level: 120 Stats Updated: 1/10/12
    Modern War: 725-841-085 Level: 14 Stats Updated: 12/6/11

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessie74 View Post
    What about the tank mission? Says obtain a mafia defense score of 16000...is that also weapons because my stats are all over the place

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Defense buildings are only used in defense of robberies, not fights. Plus, your defense from weapons is cut in half on robberies, and buildings aren't used in fights. Because of that, you won't get a true gauge of what someone is using in defense until you fight them.

Along with that, you add in defense points (which you cannot see when fighting/robbing) and the number won't be the same.

Just now, I grabbed some random schmo...His profile lists his defense as 7,286. His defense buildings; a level 5 guard tower (assume he's a tycoon/Goodfella, 50), a lvl 1 gun turret (6) and an abandoned building, I cannot see the level.

Adding those up, and factoring in both tycoon and non-tycoon status, he has a guesstimated range of 58-89 defense building points.

I attacked him: defense points say 7207.
    I robbed him: defense points say 7217.

So...on attack, he's 79 points less than what's listed on his profile. On robberies, he's 69 less.

I guess that really doesn't clear anything up, except it's evidence showing defense is higher when you are being robbed. I think there's probably a better example out there, perhaps someone with a few more defense buildings than this slug (who incidentally doesn't appear to be playing the game any longer).
    295 807 704

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooz View Post
    Defense buildings are only used in defense of robberies, not fights. Plus, your defense from weapons is cut in half on robberies, and buildings aren't used in fights. Because of that, you won't get a true gauge of what someone is using in defense until you fight them.
    This is such a frustrating issue. Tha game tells us one thing and CC Mark tells us another. And it's not like Mark has been ambiguous about it. He has very clearly stated that def buildings count in 'fights'. The only reason I'm so stuck on what Mark said is because if this is true- "you won't get a true gauge of what someone is using in defense until you fight them"- then that's just dumb! Now I have to try and gauge what someone's total building defense is and then subtract that from their total mafia defense every time I go to fight someone and want to decide if that's a wise decision?? Yeah, that makes perfect sense.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooz View Post
    Defense buildings are only used in defense of robberies, not fights. Plus, your defense from weapons is cut in half on robberies, and buildings aren't used in fights.
    Mark says def bldgs counts in both fights and robberies. U mentioned that items def are reduced in half during robberies. That is also wrong. Mark says only a portion and we dun know how much is that. U can't assume its half.

Lookie look

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...4137#post54137

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorian Gray View Post
    Now I have to try and gauge what someone's total building defense is and then subtract that from their total mafia defense every time I go to fight someone and want to decide if that's a wise decision?? Yeah, that makes perfect sense.
    Yeah, genius idea. I guess that could explain why I get attacked and then have angry messages on my wall for winning with so few defense buildings. I have more than you can see, and you can only see the level on two of them due to space constraints, and seeing the time, that issue should be resolved now

Post Count
    I only have a few defense buildings bcs they're pretty useless... Cooz is right, they only count in robberies. Why would them help in attacking? If you go to someones hood and attack, you dont really have your defense buildings with you right?