HL players Robbing the sh*t out of you - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: HL players Robbing the sh*t out of you

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    The Funzio Rollercoaster. From a semi addict's point of view.

1. Been playing the game a lot. Love it. Want to give something back to the creators and buy gold. Even though I wanna be pro and not buy gold items.

2. Wait for next gold discount. Aiming to buy 110 gold to spend on some buildings.

3. Discount happens. Funzio changes the mechanics so all players will lose more fights. Funzio is trying to fool the average player into "gold submission".

4. Realize this is not the first time Funzio does this. Anger ensumes. Wannabe pro gamer feels like buying gold is the same as being "played" by cheap tactics. Doesn't want to promote similar tactics in the future. Doesn't spend gold during discount.

5. Wait for discount to end. Buys gold. Funzio gets 20% more money from an average player.

6. Funzio still tricked lots of people to buy gold. Company advances on the top grossing app list. Funzio wins regardless.

Get off ride. Bumhole feels like it's been through U.S airport security. Looks back and at the Funzio team cheering and toasting with their new former EA executive employee..

Would have given you money regardless..

Disappointed.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    I can confirm that currently once you hit lvl91 the HL players see you. From what I understand the level used to be lower, which potentially indicates as the game fills up this level might rise.

This is another reason to really slow down on your leveling. If you focused on building hood defence it all becomes worthless when the HL's see you unless you can buff it up to at least 15-20k building defence. The other problem is robberies have suddenly dried up as your now fighting for respect with masses of other ppl. This is obviously a problem as you don't want to be going from hood to hood just to find level8-10 LM's to get respect from. It will make the game very dry for you very quickly.

With Tramp Stamps discovery regarding payouts and the ability to plan an income based on ROI it greatly puts the emphasis on making the perfect high income to taylor your needs (means you have more $$$ for more upgrades/buildings/expansions/ and usable $$$ weapom/armors). So if your approaching level 91 I advise to seriously think about your hood and mafa goals because defending against robberies isn't going to happen and farming respect becomes even tougher.
    Having been there and come out the other side, I will say this is good advice. It also means those players farming for certain weapons might want to take a little step back. I had good 20 levels of panic 70-90, until I started exceeding the stats of those people picking on me. You will find once you get on the other side they suddenly want you to join their mafia, strange that.

Banned
    Post Count
    Is it still done by mafia size at high levels or is it just free for all? For example my mafia is 200 will i see HL's with 500 mafia or will it still only be up to 270 or so

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Well I'm level 47 and was attacked by a guy (also 47) with 248 mafia, when I only have 97 .... the max mafia used for my level being 235, so I would think if it applies for my level it applies to the higher levels .... Probably be a free for all!

Verbose Veteran whocareswhatmynameis's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by procsyzarc View Post
    Is it still done by mafia size at high levels or is it just free for all? For example my mafia is 200 will i see HL's with 500 mafia or will it still only be up to 270 or so
    that was why i asked @anubis what his mafia size was and that of his rivals. looking through recent posts, i found that he has 500 members (i don't know if that has changed). @anubis: are you being attacked by players with similar sized mafia?
    (updated mar 16 2012)
    CrimeCity: joined 176 days ago; lvl: 124; size: 695; att/def: 25875/31785; $238,993/hr; qwikster --- 783 445 600

ModernWar: AWOL

Banned
    Post Count
    that was why i asked @anubis what his mafia size was and that of his rivals. looking through recent posts, i found that he has 500 members (i don't know if that has changed). @anubis: are you being attacked by players with similar sized mafia?
    The level 135 had just over 300 mafia with att around 21K and def around 24K. The rest all above the 500 cap.

Post Count
    I am at level 87 and got tagged last night by someone at level 97. I have 500 mafia, he had 900 or so.

That's fine I guess, the big shooters will be coming along soon at this level, but one thing kind of annoys me. How come I never see anyone over level 88 on MY rival list yet I am showing up on other peoples lists ten levels above me?

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    i am lvl 90 and got ****d yesterday by 1 lvl 148 and 1 lvl 125 and 1 lvl 102 never happend before and i am on 399 maffia in level 90.
    1 thing made me happy, the girl from lvl 125 had same stats like me and i won half of the attacks and i am 35 lvls lower haha

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by K@le View Post
    i am lvl 90 and got ****d yesterday by 1 lvl 148 and 1 lvl 125 and 1 lvl 102 never happend before and i am on 399 maffia in level 90.
    1 thing made me happy, the girl from lvl 125 had same stats like me and i won half of the attacks and i am 35 lvls lower haha
    Being ****d by a girl is a good thing .

The reason we do not see above a certain level is becuase of how many players there are in our current level. The HL players do not have many in number therefore they get to see a lot more. I know, not fair, but you will eventually be the ones looking all the way down and up.
    _o_ _a_ _

Post Count
    I hit level 95, and I'm suddenly getting hit by all these high levels. It really does chafe your butt. The only good thing about it is that if your lucky, the other player has some good buildings to loot, and they stay on your news list long enough to hit em. It's great hitting their pirate taverns.

Banned
    Post Count
    I think this shows that the level HL's can see is contantly varying.

When I first hit 92 I could see levels 92-94 equally spread, now I can only see 92-93.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    I no longer have this problem. In fact I don't even get attacked/robbed anymore. I just hit level 80 and have 400 mafia which is the correct ratio for my level now I believe. (considering I have enough to equip all of my mob) (please correct me if I'm wrong) Now my rivals list consist of only level 80 with 400 mafia. (YES all of them!) I did have 401 but when I went for a test attack and rob, I only used 400. When going into my rivals profile, I can clearly see some of them having more than 400 mob but when I attack them they only use 400 as well. Seems like all of youz are having the same problem I had bout 5 levels ago but is anyone experiencing what's happening to me? (another thing, last night this game was horribly laggy and slow. My timers would only count when I was in my hood. everything was just SLOW. (could've been another update?) everything seems alright now for me.
    Last edited by badd; 11-30-2011 at 07:34 AM.
    crime city 272118778

modern war 415366264

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by badd View Post
    I no longer have this problem. In fact I don't even get attacked/robbed anymore. I just hit level 80 and have 400 mafia which is the correct ratio for my level now I believe. (considering I have enough to equip all of my mob) (please correct me if I'm wrong) Now my rivals list consist of only level 80 with 400 mafia. (YES all of them!) I did have 401 but when I went for a test attack and rob, I only used 400. When going into my rivals profile, I can clearly see some of them having more than 400 mob but when I attack them they only use 400 as well. Seems like all of youz are having the same problem I had bout 5 levels ago but is anyone experiencing what's happening to me? (another thing, last night this game was horribly laggy and slow. My timers would only count when I was in my hood. everything was just SLOW. (could've been another update?) everything seems alright now for me.
    The issue isn't how many mafia are used per level. That's a fixed rate at 5 per up until level 100 and then it caps. The issue is people many levels above you seeing you on their attack lists.

I am at level 88 and I just got tagged by someone 40 levels above me. 3rd time in 3 days. The issue I have is that I cant see them on my rivals list but they can see me. I want to rob their high level buildings. Doesn't seem fair that they can see me but I cant see them.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    You'll get to see them soon enough. I'm level 104 right now, but when I was at level 98 I could see down into the low 90s and up into about 145-150. I can now see certain players at the 200 level.

And I can rob them.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Certes View Post
    You'll get to see them soon enough. I'm level 104 right now, but when I was at level 98 I could see down into the low 90s and up into about 145-150. I can now see certain players at the 200 level.

And I can rob them.
    Does anyone from the high 80's show up on your rivals list?
    _o_ _a_ _