Reduced or maximum mafia count when level 84+ ?

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Reduced or maximum mafia count when level 84+ ?

Lurker
    Post Count

Question Reduced or maximum mafia count when level 84+ ?

Hi there

Until I reached level 84, my PvP was OK as I could be selective from the rivals list (I could expect to beat 3 from every 4 with my attack figures). I had been playing the goals and completing each area 5 times, so have levelled up pretty quickly, and had always kept my mafia count ahead of the 5 per level maximum.

However, as I passed level 84 and with the expanded Rivals List, I cannot find winnable fights, and completing the Championship goals is nigh impossible.

I've read around the forum, and spotted the advantages of keeping the mafia count limited at lower levels, and also about the "magic" 30 attack per mafia average.

I've pulled my inventory into a spreadsheet, and worked out my attack stats per mafia head at different levels of mafia. I have 400 molotovs so that I don't miss out on the explosives contribution, and also my vehicle count is 282 (incl 137 racer bikes) which is therefore my maximum "fully kitted out" count.

400 - 22.08
    350 - 24.33
    300 - 27.22
    250 - 30.59
    200 - 34.46

Is it worth me shedding my mafia from the current 400 count down to around 250, in order to increase my attacks stats per head to >30? Or is this pointless now that I am past level 84 and the rival list has been expanded?

Thanks in advance
    Marcus / Lamp
    310 808 618

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    If you're saying you can't win any fights (although I feel most people grossly underestimate their chances in a fight) with the mob count you have now, then I would say you may as well drop some. You can always get them back and the change might shake up your rival list enough to find some new chum. If what you're doing isn't working, then changing what you can is the right way to go. Worst case, you gotta add people again (a pain, but extremely simple).

Depending on where you are with the streaks, I would advise you to be careful with the amount you drop. The higher up in streaks you get, the harder it is to find guys matching the criteria. I'm lower than my max, and it takes me a bit of time to find opponents with the amount of mobs I need to beat the streak. That's a minor thing, though. Drop, say, 100, and see what that does. Take it from there.

I was fortunate enough to escape the situation you're in. I'm a dozen or so levels below you and am just finishing up the streak goals without any problems. However, you got a bunch of Yamahas already, which is what I spent all that respect on, so I would say just suck it up and keep looking for guys you can beat. I'm not at your level, but I would think if your rivals list expanded for your opponents, it should expand for you as well - upwards and downwards.
    295 807 704

Lurker
    Post Count
    Hi Cooz

Thanks for the response. I've dropped my mafia count to 336, which gives me around 25 att per mafia head. However, I've not observed any difference in the rivals list, with by far the majority of them having mafia well over the 5x cap.

I think the corollary is that for levels >84 there is no point reducing mafia count in order to increase the specific strength per head, as the rivals list does not restrict to other similar players. Therefore better to have mafia >500 to avail every last item of mafia strength.

Would be grateful for someone's knowledgeable confirmation!!

Cheers, Marcus/Lamp
    310 808 618

Banned
    Post Count
    If your seeing no change in your rival list then theres no point in reducing. As soon as you finish the streaks all you will be doing is farming respect. Robbing nets you less exp than fights and you will find you can farm up at least 5 bikes a level, exp needed per level is ever increasing so by 110 you should be fully out fitted with Vehicles. I'm at 91 and the exp gain from the shooting range looks a lot less on your blue bar then it did 10 levels prior. Working through missions upto seaside at your level will rise your att too as the items you have to buy are relevant/useful (Sniper Rifles, Cadilacs, Fire Axes). I was dissapointed to find the Restaurant Row seems to go backwards in weapon requirements wanting you to buy more fking pistols and street knives. I won't be doing any more missions until i'm done with M4's because of that. Funzio should review requirements as no-one wants to buy pointless weapons/armor that does nothing for their mob.

Problem is in the 80's peoples defence starts to shoot up. Instead of reducing mafia size just remember you can fight players from your hood using the rival list and their building defence isn't counted. Get the streaks out the way then it really doesn't matter. Robs are very easy to win.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    I have done it too when i was at level 60 i had 1600+ maffia friends and now i have at level 89 401 but i should use 445 mobsters.
    I get attacked by lvl 128 people and they have max mobsters so for now i dont think it matters anymore, maybe when you drop back to 40-50 mob friends !!!!!
    I see someone the other day on this forum he had only 24 mob friends at level 70 or so, and his stats where good.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    I have approximately 70 percent of my max mob number, and I don't come across people with a full mob often. I'm trying to get through the level 38 Championship Round (75 consecutive fights against 420 mafia members or more), and it takes me a bit to find a max mob.

K@le makes a good point, and this is a big misnomer in this forum. Lowering your mafia number does not guarantee anything.

But you have to be one or the other. You can't be between a max mob with low numbers, and a low mob with mid-range numbers. So if you're gonna drop mafia, I suggest doing it down into the mid-200s, or as close to the amount of vehicles you have to ensure everyone has one, or will soon have one.

The theory, in my opinion, is people with less mafia are more likely to have ditched the game and aren't trying (therefore, have poor stats) than to have made the conscious choice to have a reduced number. Think of it logically, if you weren't serious about playing the game, you wouldn't go out of your way to find a forum like this where hundreds of people are posting their numbers to be added to your mob. Therefore, it's fair to assume, more often than not, a lower mob number means less involvement.

Before everyone wigs out on me, I understand there are one-off examples, but top to bottom, there are less tough guys than pansies when 30+ percent less than your mob size. That's my experience, anyway.

This game forces paralysis by analysis. From the broader picture perspective, doing something > doing nothing, ALWAYS. Just make a choice and go with it.
    Last edited by Cooz; 11-27-2011 at 05:04 AM.
    295 807 704

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Hey Anubis,

...just remember you can fight players from your hood using the rival list and their building defence isn't counted.
    I responded to another comment you made on a different thread that was along these lines. I guess I'm confused, how else do you fight people? Are you referring to just hitting the "Fight" button on the fight screen as opposed to hitting "rob," going to their hood, and then fighting them?

I'm not disputing anything you're saying, just not clear on what you mean. I never just fight them blindly, I always go to their hood. I wasn't aware their building stats aren't included unless you're in their hood. Is that what you mean?
    295 807 704

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooz View Post
    Hey Anubis,

I responded to another comment you made on a different thread that was along these lines. I guess I'm confused, how else do you fight people? Are you referring to just hitting the "Fight" button on the fight screen as opposed to hitting "rob," going to their hood, and then fighting them?

I'm not disputing anything you're saying, just not clear on what you mean. I never just fight them blindly, I always go to their hood. I wasn't aware their building stats aren't included unless you're in their hood. Is that what you mean?
    think you mean from the baiting thread correct? I too was confused...but I think he is referring to robbing and attacking. Surely you cant fight your mob, but the rivals tab is always with you no matter where you are.