Camping Help

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Camping Help

Lurker
    Post Count

Camping Help

Im level 65 and thought I was doing well. I have been following quests and all the challenges, been spending all my money on new money buildings and equipment to meet the challenges. Spending only respect points to outfit the mafia. But just leveling up at a very rapid pace.

From reading the wisdom of this board it seems I will be in trouble if I continue to level up at such a pace.

So, I should camp, yes?

And if this is the case, how exactly?

Do I just stop doing all jobs and challenges, and just farm laundromats?

So i just sit where I am, safe from upper level types, bank my money, and upgrade all my bldgs? And upgrade my mafia using the farmed respect points?

Thanks for the help in advance,

Joemax

Verbose Veteran whocareswhatmynameis's Avatar
    Post Count
    @ Joemax:

caveat: i don't know your stats, so the information i provide may not totally reflect your situation.

So, I should camp, yes?
    hell yes!!! not unless you want to get a rude welcome from the biggies at high levels.

And if this is the case, how exactly?
    1. concentrate on investing your income on defense buildings. build + upgrade as many defense buildings as possible.
    2. don't neglect your economy. when possible, upgrade your money buildings. also, expand your hood and construct income buildings- at your level movie theater is a gold mine.
    3. STOP doing challenges/quests. you don't want to level up very fast.
    4. farm respect points judiciously (laundromats are the way to go, but you need extreme patience!)

Do I just stop doing all jobs and challenges, and just farm laundromats?
    yes, to both questions!

Final advice: if you are maxed out on mafia members, downsize to a reasonable number. A rough estimate of a well armed mafia is 30 attack points per mafia (e.g. for mafia size of 100- having 3000 attack points is reasonable).
    (updated mar 16 2012)
    CrimeCity: joined 176 days ago; lvl: 124; size: 695; att/def: 25875/31785; $238,993/hr; qwikster --- 783 445 600

ModernWar: AWOL

Consistent Contributor Popeye The Sailor Man's Avatar
    Post Count
    Who cares wins is right follow that and your be fine although we need to see your stats before we can jugde probly
    CC Add Me 135 996 695
    Level 68
    Jobs completed:1598 Fights won:5675 Fights lost: 126
    Robberies won: 1645 Robberies lost: 5 mafia members: 264
    mafia attack:7958 mafia defence: 12209
    income per hour: 36654
    MW Add me 713 602 528
    Level 7
    Jobs completed:18 Fights won:181 Fights lost: 12
    Raids won:10 raids lost: 3 alliance members: 3
    Total attack: 49 Total defence: 110
    income per hour:30433
    CC guide
    http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...Advanced-Guide

Lurker
    Post Count
    Thanks for the help, here are my stats:

joemax lvl 65
    599 419 025
    Jobs completed: 1198
    Fights won: 3994
    Fights lost: 245
    Robberies won: 2449
    Robberies lost: 80
    # of mafia members: 317
    # of weapons: 885
    # of armor: 421
    Total Mafia Attack: 6314
    Total Mafia Defense: 7157
    Income per hour: $6467

Thanks again for all the help!

Lurker
    Post Count
    A couple more quick questions:

Why downsize my mafia? I think I'm at least of average strength for my position, and can focus on building mafia and of course equipping them with the best respect gear while I camp. I'm not worried (yet!) about getting beaten by smaller, better armed mafias.

My next question is how do I make money to upgrade buildings while in camp mode? Do I just stalk my rivals list for people with lots of cash on hand? I've been doing this but am worried it's going to give me too much EXP. Should I just use my income?
    Last edited by Joemax; 11-09-2011 at 05:31 AM. Reason: *Spelling edits

Lurker
    Post Count
    You are relatively strong for your level but that may change. I would slow down adding mafia though.

Don't stop leveling though just don't add mafia unless they are properly equipped

I'd say below 70 than 20 attack per mafia is good

above lvl 70 than 25 per mafia is good and as you approach 100 you should be close to 30 ATK per mafia
    107 238 025

Consistent Contributor Popeye The Sailor Man's Avatar
    Post Count
    You need to raise your income other then that your stats are find but aim for around 13,000 defence so you know not to worry its long but will be benificaial
    CC Add Me 135 996 695
    Level 68
    Jobs completed:1598 Fights won:5675 Fights lost: 126
    Robberies won: 1645 Robberies lost: 5 mafia members: 264
    mafia attack:7958 mafia defence: 12209
    income per hour: 36654
    MW Add me 713 602 528
    Level 7
    Jobs completed:18 Fights won:181 Fights lost: 12
    Raids won:10 raids lost: 3 alliance members: 3
    Total attack: 49 Total defence: 110
    income per hour:30433
    CC guide
    http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...Advanced-Guide

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemax View Post

My next question is how do I make money to upgrade buildings while in camp mode? Do I just stalk my rivals list for people with lots of cash on hand? I've been doing this but am worried it's going to give me too much EXP. Should I just use my income?
    Simple. Take the money you collect as present income and re-invest into building upgrades. For people who are always robbing or fighting, it seems weird or boring as hell, but there is a difference between camping and hunting.

Post Count
    MY ADVICE TO YOU IS CONCENTRATE ON GETTING AS STRONG AS YOU CAN BECAUSE ONCE YOU GET PAST LEVEL 70 YOU WILL BE OPEN PREY FOR PLAYERS ALL THE WAY UP TO LEVEL 200! I WISH I HAD KNOWN ABOUT THIS WHEN I FIRST STARTED AND NOW I AM STRUGGLING TO PROTECT MYSELF WHEN IF I HAD CHANGED MY STRATEGY EARLIER I COULD BE A LOT STRONGER.......

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Penutt View Post
    MY ADVICE TO YOU IS CONCENTRATE ON GETTING AS STRONG AS YOU CAN BECAUSE ONCE YOU GET PAST LEVEL 70 YOU WILL BE OPEN PREY FOR PLAYERS ALL THE WAY UP TO LEVEL 200! I WISH I HAD KNOWN ABOUT THIS WHEN I FIRST STARTED AND NOW I AM STRUGGLING TO PROTECT MYSELF WHEN IF I HAD CHANGED MY STRATEGY EARLIER I COULD BE A LOT STRONGER.......

Ahhh, this is not true anymore, you probably won't hit the BIG BOY mark until level 90 (who knows this invisible barrier changes based on the number of active players).
    _o_ _a_ _

Post Count
    I'm level 70 and i only see people levels 69-71.
    I don't think its true anymore.

Duke
    Crime City 134 879 357
    Modern War 124 871 397

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by whocareswhatmynameis View Post

Final advice: if you are maxed out on mafia members, downsize to a reasonable number. A rough estimate of a well armed mafia is 30 attack points per mafia (e.g. for mafia size of 100- having 3000 attack points is reasonable).
    Again... best advice in the forum that people just dont believe.

Joemax... just do it! You will see instant benefits.