Did anyone else take damage from this Epic Boss, Defender?

There was a problem with the boss missing loot at the start of the event but I decided to ignore it because not even the strongest boss loots affect my stats anymore and therefore I didn’t care about not receiving any.

I also noticed that instead of loot I was being awarded damage points. With no indication as to what that meant and no obvious immediate impact I chose to ignore this too. I think I cleared about 25 bosses before the problem appeared to resolve itself.

It was only afterward that I realized my actual mafia defence score, without bonus, has taken a hit. Maybe I’m forgetting something after 9 years but I was under the impression the only ways to drop that stat are to decrease one’s number of mafia members or consume explosives. My mafia size remains unchanged and I have well over 500 indestructible explosives. The only other possible explanation seems to be the damage points received as boss loot.

I guess long run it’s whatever, it’s just a bit of a head scratcher.

92C12BAA-A551-453E-A8DA-B5C7C5F996E3.jpg

As for the other times my mafia defence has recently dropped, those remain unexplained. Wtf, Deca? What gives with the taking away?

I’m having M4A1-nerfing flashbacks. Rust in peace. Lol