Lag is back :(

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Lag is back :(

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count

Lag is back :(

Well, they promised for years, kept on promising, kept on promising. Then, about the end of 2019, the lag went lower and around then went really low. I was having 60-90 second wait times prior, then down to 20-30 seconds then, wow down to 2-5 seconds. AMAZING!. But in mid January, it went up to 10-20 seconds and the last week or so 40 seconds and rising.

Ok, us oldtimers know the reason the lag was put in way back in was a sort of auditing as there was some major cheating. Why is it back? Perhaps same thing. So... how to deal with it.
    - find out who is using the cheat and throw them out deleting their hood (trust me, I've been working on mine for almost 8 years and I do not want my hood erased so I do NOT cheat)
    - live with the cheaters
    - create an environment where you can track the cheaters with this lag and have it go on every 10th time (a cheat check of sorts). So, I have 2 second lags 9 out of 10 times and then a longer 40-60 second lag when you audit me (and find nothing). Throw the cheaters out then. No mulligans, no mercy.

Do SOMETHING! We know you had it low. RETURN the lag to low!!!

Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Same here. Switching accounts is brutal. Plus, getting a lot of errors. Trying to clear a goal throws up an error. Trying to get into the Syndicate Base throws up an error with a quit, so the game needs to be restarted. Sent in a few tickets already. Fed up. Again.
    CC Mafia Codes: 888 701 464, 503 892 849, 608 943 190, 864 348 557, 502 240 575
    Syndicate 💥 720 641 277

MW Alliance Codes: 712 849 183, 135 451 857, 250 563 636
    Faction 💥 751 241 780

Post Count
    Things are starting to seem a bit laggy for me too. Nowhere near as bad as it once was, but it used to happen way too often that my game would lag on epic bosses after tapping “fight on” and that’s starting to happen again. The button doesn’t change to indicate it has been tapped the way other buttons normally do. So I’ll tap it again thinking my device didn’t sense the tap. But if that second tap happens to be even a hair too close to where the 15 gold option is going to appear on the fight screen, somehow that gold spending tap registers while the game appeared to be lagging. When things appear to catch up I am suddenly at the fight screen and have already spent 15 gold to hit a boss that I can farm all week for free if I want, and can’t even be bothered. Frustrating and annoying to piss away resources like that so unnecessarily. I haven’t kept track but I wouldn’t be surprised if that lag has cost me a vault of gold over the years. Ridiculous.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Hey Gree, get the hint? Go back to your build the first week of January and leave it alone or make changes that work. Thanks.

Post Count
    I can’t tell if it’s freezing or lagging on the menus now but it’s one of the two. If it’s lag then just like before the delay is longer than it takes to just restart the game, so that’s what I do after it’s obvious something is wrong.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by namedud View Post
    I can’t tell if it’s freezing or lagging on the menus now but it’s one of the two. If it’s lag then just like before the delay is longer than it takes to just restart the game, so that’s what I do after it’s obvious something is wrong.
    Yes the Spinning Wheel of death has returned. I close and restart now rather than watch it.
    Too bad Gree sold the game to a company as incompetent as themselves.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinker View Post
    Yes the Spinning Wheel of death has returned. I close and restart now rather than watch it.
    Too bad Gree sold the game to a company as incompetent as themselves.
    What I meant was I often do not even have a “spinning wheel of death”. It’s just nothing. Everything stops.

And it’s happening a lot. To the point I sometimes have to reload the game several times to even complete a simple “collect all”... after I clear ten thousand pop ups first.

Post Count
    I have 3 accounts. Lag is not currently much of an issue on accounts 1 and 3, but for some reason account number 2 still has lag problems. If I load the game and close the pop ups then hit ‘collect all’ it freezes up. I don’t know how long it lags because I am not patient enough to find out. I just restart the game since thankfully that’s not a minutes-long load anymore.

Account 2 also has awful lag in the syndicate base. On accounts 1 and 3 I get the loading circle for any action I do but it spins once or just past once and the load is complete. On account 2 it just spins and spins if I don’t restart the game.

Account 2 is currently my syndicate leader, if that has any relevance.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    The lag is gone again. Are they just toying with us? Did they remove the lag by accident? Will it be reintroduced with the next data upgrade?

Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Oh, it'll be back, it always comes back.
    CC Mafia Codes: 888 701 464, 503 892 849, 608 943 190, 864 348 557, 502 240 575
    Syndicate 💥 720 641 277

MW Alliance Codes: 712 849 183, 135 451 857, 250 563 636
    Faction 💥 751 241 780