GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Developer Question

Lurker
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count

Developer Question

Obviously Lag should be number one priority. Many of our Syndicate members have the following feedback (and also some questions down below):

Battles seem to be getting worse and worse as each weekend continues. Not sure if this is a direct correlation to the number of -100% regen users that keep coming up. We can see delays between hits be anything from 2-3 seconds to 30+ seconds (and using refills or gold refills, seems to be equally as delayed, sometimes seconds, to 30+ seconds).

Street Assault is heading into the same direction - Each event (with more and more players approaching the -100% regen), the lag seems to exponentially go up and create a bad experience for ALL users. I once was able to quickly deploy 25 million points in a matter of 5-6 minutes. Now that same feat is accomplished in 10-15+ minutes (with many times I would have to log out and back in and still have deploys sitting idle in my reservoir). It has created a bad taste in my mouth and I have refused to put any money into the event, which I once would gladly spend as the event was once fun when it was lag free as Battle events have become a pay for regen mods event.

I know that obviously taking away the regen mods is not an option, but why are they not splitting up the load (or add more server resources) during these "peak" regen times to compensate for the additional stress on the servers.

With that being said above (for weekend events), what is being done to handle the additional lag during the week long events (LTQ's, H&R, SLTQ's). Each of these events has also been impacted by the increase of lag which many of us do not bother with H&R anymore as it's become a lag factory, requiring more and more gold to complete the goals (for the 1 & 2% permanent mods).

Also what has happened with the Hardcore Epic Boss event? That was a fun (week long) event that generated a lot of traction and competition, but since some of the glitches this past summer (event reset after day 2, all points not being totalled up correctly), it disappeared and we have been stuck with the H&R event as our only real non-LTQ event to play during the work week (Monday through Friday).

I look forward to your response on the HCEB and perhaps some feedback on the other events. I have not seen any of the monthly meeting recaps, so I don't know what is going on anymore.

-GW

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    The question to be asked is “what is Deca doing to address the gross incompetence of their developers and programmers?”

Post Count
    Bad top management, everyone becomes a slacker. don't blame the developers when the top management is poor.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Uh ya ok sure thing lol even though they do suck too

Post Count
    nah, they are good!!

if you ask them a tough question like "where are your balls?"

they will quickly google and locate them.

they are damn smart!!!!1111oneone