GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Matchmaking temporary feedback

Hybrid View

Post Count

Matchmaking temporary feedback

Hi folks,

this is a temporary thread regarding matchmaking :

In this thread we want to gather feedback regarding matchmaking during the World Domination event.

Many players mentioned problems with the last edition so we ask you to please share your feedback.

- was the matchmaking faster or slower? For which rank of Factions? Was it always slower or faster? Did it only occur in specific times?

- would you like us to adjust the rematch waiting time to shorten the matchmaking time? Would you have any concerns with us reducing this rematch waiting time?

- with the last iterration we opened a lot the ranges for the criterias for matchmaking, in which way were you affected (which ranks) and would you like us to revert these changes?

We already discussed these topics with your game representatives and have a good idea on how to move forward but we also want to hear from you so we get as much feedback as possible. We also want to mention that we won't be able to make chabges and test them before the next version of the World Domination so it will most likely be modified for the following event.

This feedback thread will be closed next Monday after the Frontline event ends.

Please note that any off topic post will be deleted, we want to use this as a strictly matchmaking related discussion and focusing on the points mentioned above.

Feel free to also ask questions on the topic and we will answer to you as soon and as clearly as we possibly can.

Your Deca team

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Down in the lower rankings, towards top 1000, didn't notice any changes but we were not aware of changes to look out for. Matches take a short while, but down here it is usually declare and come back later to see if battle started as real life permits. Normally, the match-up is heavily unbalanced but the odds are even. In other words, sometimes we can't hit them and other times they can't hit us much, despite have two low stat accounts just for that purpose. We've had one legendary match as far as I can remember.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    I don't worry about matching time.
    The real problem is the fact that the game goes to be unplayable at all:
    - unacceptable long time of logon and constant freezes on iOS (game version 6.9.6 build 1769)
    - unacceptable number of errors and constant freezes on Android (game version 7.1.0 build 304)

Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    I could care less about matchmaking; well, as long as we don't get matched to a top team (which we haven't). We get matched to single teams, and I feel bad for those poor bastards, which has been okay for me, sometimes not so much for the rest of the team though, but we deal with it. I care more about the hit/lag ratio.

My small accounts don't have much of a lag, but only when I manage to find a target to hit. My main scouts.
    BUT, these smaller accounts with no lag have considerably less numbers of units than the main accounts. Hits register quickly, using a pack is quick too.

My main account, with 239k units, is a damned snail. Takes forever for 1 hit to register, takes forever to use a health pack. I just don't have the time to waste using my main account; takes too damn long.

It's pretty pathetic that my main account struggles to complete goals, all because of the additional lag, and the weak accounts are a breeze.

7.1.0, 304, Android
    CC Mafia Codes: 888 701 464, 503 892 849, 608 943 190, 864 348 557, 502 240 575
    Syndicate 💥 720 641 277

MW Alliance Codes: 712 849 183, 135 451 857, 250 563 636
    Faction 💥 751 241 780

Post Count
    Hi folks,

Thabks a lot for this feedback. We do know that performance is a big issue and we are working on that but as we changed matchmaking and got quite unsatisfying results, we had to invedtigate a bit.

Thanks again for your feedback so far, this will be forwarded.

Codeus

Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Codeus View Post
    Hi folks,

Thabks a lot for this feedback. We do know that performance is a big issue and we are working on that but as we changed matchmaking and got quite unsatisfying results, we had to invedtigate a bit.

Thanks again for your feedback so far, this will be forwarded.

Codeus
    Thank you Codeus, and sorry for going off topic.

Edit: 11.11.18 WD in progress
    ~ matching, slow as usual. 20 minutes to a team with 3 members that only 3 of our 12 accounts could beat. WASTE OF TIME!
    ~ adjusting waiting time to shorten matching time --- this sounds like it would make the matches worse, even less targets for weaker accounts to have.
    ~ the lag on the older accounts that CAN battle is NOT worth the time or aggravation. Right now I have a battle in progress, and here I am, whining and complaining here, instead of trying to use packs and get our team points. That's just wrong, and it is all because of that God awful lag, and matchmaking.

Another EDIT
    Matched against a one person team. Only I can beat it. Another WASTE of TIME!
    Last edited by Mrs Cash; 11-11-2018 at 06:49 PM.
    CC Mafia Codes: 888 701 464, 503 892 849, 608 943 190, 864 348 557, 502 240 575
    Syndicate 💥 720 641 277

MW Alliance Codes: 712 849 183, 135 451 857, 250 563 636
    Faction 💥 751 241 780

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    matchmaking, now there`s a thing, takes ages to get matched and on the last day of last event needed points to push for top 500 and got matched with a top 5 team,...brilliant.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by a hug for you View Post
    matchmaking, now there`s a thing, takes ages to get matched and on the last day of last event needed points to push for top 500 and got matched with a top 5 team,...brilliant.
    What do you want?
    They don't know what they do. They know what result they want to reach but they don't know how. All their actions have opposed effect.
    Highly unprofessional!

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    The matching algorithm is worse in this WD.

The time of top teams matching is short as they are more active and declare often.
    The time of matching for teams below 150 is very long but you cannot change the fact that people are leaving the game and activity in factions below top 150 is very low. I remember time when top 250 was unreachable without gold use. Several wars bring faction to top 250 now.

Suggestions:
    1. Cancel legendary/Epic/premium matches that steal time.
    2. Cancel double/triple/quadruple strikes that steal server performance.

This will decrease time of matching.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    matching is very bad for my team...
    rank around 250-350 , we can have consecutive match against top team. (rank 8/10/11/16 and top 50/60/90 team).
    i have all those screen shots..
    any one of their player have more points than my entire team.