New terms of use are not complaint with privacy protection laws!

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New terms of use are not complaint with privacy protection laws!

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count

Exclamation New terms of use are not complaint with privacy protection laws!

I installed new droid version and got screen with new terms of game use.
    This terms are not compliant with all privacy laws that I know including US, Europe (GDPR), China and Israel.

The purposes of my data use are wrote in complex language. All purposes are united in one "accept/discard" item.
    And more, more, more...
    All these contradict with laws!!!

Banned
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Annihilator2 View Post
    I installed new droid version and got screen with new terms of game use.
    This terms are not compliant with all privacy laws that I know including US, Europe (GDPR), China and Israel.

The purposes of my data use are wrote in complex language. All purposes are united in one "accept/discard" item.
    And more, more, more...
    All these contradict with laws!!!

You’re 12 days to early to complain about that one

Edit: GDPR that is

Banned
    Post Count
    Breaking The law, breaking the law.

Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by WBS View Post
    Breaking The law, breaking the law.
    Thanks, stuck in my head now, lol.
    CC Mafia Codes: 888 701 464, 503 892 849, 608 943 190, 864 348 557, 502 240 575
    Syndicate 💥 720 641 277

MW Alliance Codes: 712 849 183, 135 451 857, 250 563 636
    Faction 💥 751 241 780

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Why do deca need full rights to call, to my contacts, to my picture ...

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by solper View Post
    Exactly! They break your rights!

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by solper View Post

Most companies who seek contact info, phone, pictures; do so too spam you and them.....

Some very unscrupulous companies sell your data on the dark web.....
    It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.

The SPENDING LAMP is ALWAYS lit in ALL GREE GAMES.
    SPEND it, if you got any left.

Jesse “The Body” Ventura said, “Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat!”

In the words of Bobby Heenan: "The money's the same, whether you earn it or scam it.
    "

Banned
    Post Count
    It seems like I quit at the right time.

Post Count
    Hi guys!

There seem to be some confusion around all this topic. The permission pop-up on Android is a different thing from the new policy window. One is required for the apps to use Android devices, while the second is a simple text explaining to all of you what is happening with your data on our servers.

Android permissions tend to look scary as they are worded in a strange way. For example, you will get a pop-up asking you to authorize the app to access contacts, but his function covers several permissions:

CONTACTS

READ_CONTACTS
    WRITE_CONTACTS
    GET_ACCOUNTS

In this specific case, this permission will allow us to read, write and access accounts. We only use the get_accounts function as this is a necessary step for accessing your Facebook account and generating a profile (in case Facebook can no longer be accessed) if a player wishes to use this login method.

Similarly, phone access gives the following permissions:

PHONE

READ_PHONE_STATE
    READ_PHONE_NUMBERS
    CALL_PHONE
    ANSWER_PHONE_CALLS
    READ_CALL_LOG
    WRITE_CALL_LOG
    ADD_VOICEMAIL
    USE_SIP
    PROCESS_OUTGOING_CALLS

The most important for us here is to read the phone state. For example, collecting data if you're using WiFi or Mobile networks, or collecting the device type, etc...

You can view how Android permissions function at the following link: https://developer.android.com/guide/...sions/overview

I hope this clarifies the topic

Karrazz

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Thank you, Karrazz, for clarification.
    You differentiate exactly but GDPR requires strongly to obtain consent for use and processing of personal data. GDPR requires full transparency as well. Therefore, we expect to see explicit purpose of our data collection, processing and use.
    Privacy policy does not cover all these requirements.
    In addition, don't forget about data transfer out of EU. You need to obtain consent for such transfer as well and provide target country and purpose of the transfer.

Banned
    Post Count
    There should be no data collection at all in a game.

Post Count
    Hey guys!

There's a big difference between personal data and standard data. Let me explain what we're talking about here:

@WBS: All games will log a certain amount of data, and that's perfectly normal. Without those data, publishers/developers wouldn't be able to provide you with better games over the time.
    For example, a lot of games will have flags all over the progression. They will count the amount of times a specific quest was started and completed. This gives them an idea of how successful the quest was.

Now when we're speaking about data collection, most companies will collect a certain amount of data. The most classic one is the operating system of the user. Knowing if you're playing on Android or iOS, if you have windows 8 or 10. This is very useful for companies to know how many people are using which, and providing updates and fixes for their playerbase.

@Annihilator2: That's where we introduce the difference with Personal Data. Personal Data is basically any type of Data that would somehow relate to your identity as a person, or ordered along with such Data. For example, when you signup for a new game, in most cases they would ask for a username and an email. While the Username (pseudo) is not considered personal, the fact that it is ordered in the database along with your email, it becomes part of your personal data.

As mentioned in the Privacy Update, we basically collect user IDs (like your Google ID/Device ID), IP address (which gives us a rough idea of the location and allows you to connect to online services), and keep track of payment information (transaction IDs). The only time we really collect an identifiable information would be if a user connects through Facebook. The game will then log your Facebook name and gender and use these information to fill a virtual form. All these are necessary steps for us to link accounts/save files to our database and make sure you that what you see in game is your current progress (as in seeing your items, buildings, etc).

In the case of third country transfer, this is a very specific article that also includes transfer to international organisations. In the case of Modern War, the Controller is GREE. GREE has the right to pass the data to Processors, which is not a data transfer as the Processor is processing data on behalf of the controller (contract). Note: processors are still required to be compliant

Karrazz

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Gree still own this bag of **** ?
    I do not belive you, there are no need to have full control on a phone. If you do not use it.

Post Count
    Hi @solper,

Indeed, GREE remains the owner (we're currently using GREE's forums to discuss this )

For permissions, it's a bit more complexe than that. This is how it is designed on Google's side. If we need access to the phone state, we would need the Phone permission which includes all the above permissions. Should you download an app that meddles with your phone calls, it will require the same set of permissions.

That's just how Android was built.

Google only has a handful of permissions, but it includes most functions for your phone. Here's the global list:

CALENDAR
    CAMERA
    CONTACTS
    PHONE
    SENSORS
    SMS
    STORAGE

In the case of Modern War, we only use Contacts, Storage and Phone.

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    If you only need read permissions, why not use READ_CONTACTS?
    Does not CONTACTS give rights to CREATE, READ, UPGRADE and DELETE. But I am not a phone developer