The update causes problems iOS 7 and 8

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: The update causes problems iOS 7 and 8

Post Count

The update causes problems iOS 7 and 8

Thanks for the update, but now people with iOS 7 and 8 cannot play the game anymore. Game keeps crashing, it's done... Again players leaving the game.

Lurker
    Post Count
    Confirmed iOS version 7.1.2 (11D257) Kingdom Age game version 3.8.5 build 1110.0. Crashes when switching to any map area. This happens either by map menu selection or by choosing a quest task. Game does allow me to switch to another players kingdom to attack or raid. Game also crashes when exiting the popup displaying the game version.

Lurker
    Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    The updated Game works fine in IOS 8.2 and 8.4 on iPhone 5 and iPad Mini 2
    Yes it still crashes now and then but usually I think it still has to do with the KA game not clearing its cache properly when hitting too much and switching out between such as invading/attacking, and some other continuous attacking through maps and some other things. but I also have had GM crash on me also on occasion too. Depending on ones device and older OSes may have issues. but so far I have still not updated the IOS on either device. And Dont really want to if I can avoid it. hopefully they wont kill it for IOS 8.x and find true causes of the lag if one lets game sit for too long or in a couple of other areas (most of it is gone now but there is still some now and then especially when changing attack targets and a few other things but it is not as bad as it was before the Game update) and crashes others are running into ... Of course hopefully those having issues are also checking to make sure they have device space, and apps not needed are properly closed too. ... and try a hard reboot of devices if needed s that will help also in clearing the caches of any app that doesnt do it properly to begin with and they may also have other apps on their devices that are cache hogs too.
    Last edited by N3tcase; 03-29-2018 at 02:09 PM.

Lurker
    Post Count
    I reported the crashes to Gree support. I got received a generic reply message telling me to:

Quote Originally Posted by Gree Support
    - Please make sure that you’re connected to a strong Wi-Fi signal.
    - Close applications running in the background of your device.
    - Frequently reboot your device.
    I have performed these actions many times with no effect on game crashes.

I have also uninstalled and reinstalled the game. Again game continues to crash when changing to a map area.

Can anyone else running iOS 7 (mine is 7.1.2) run this game update and switch map areas?

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    My ticket was closed with an apology since I was having issues and that they would inform the game team of my situation. Considering we never get responses any more I would say we are out of luck. It can't be that hard to roll back to the previous update so we can at least continue to play ALL the game.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Can confirm this constant crashing happens on iOS 6 too.

Lurker
    Post Count
    There is a new update in the store, v3.5.6 (24 Apr 2018). In the game I show build 1111.0 now. I was able to open the About screen and close it without a crash (improvement). However, it was a very long pause from the time I pressed the About screen close X and the popup screen finally going away. Switching to map areas does not cause the game to crash now. Again, it seems to take a ridiculously long time to switch. Anyway, it is looking like I can play and do quests now.

Lurker
    Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    as for the update I first updated on one device (ipad2 IOS 8.4) atm lag is much better in the sense that most every thing seems to be back at least to where it was before the December foobar ... yes there is still some lag but it is at least for my one device atm in such as crafting time to show up that device is actually crafting and delay in sometimes still registering the kills in the indy events still sometimes i have to go to a rival kingdom or some other event and loading it (which still takes time but it also seems a tad faster maybe) for it to register some kills etc. still testing though of course atm also Have updated other device (iPhone 5 IOS 8.2) and tests seem to be ok essentially the same as the first device update so overall much happier ... yes there are still some issues but not like before and well until we have other events happening such as war or too many multiple events at the same time it may be hard to tell until then ... It is much improved though from what I can see so far. Just wish the mods here would be more proactive considering some things here that have not been updated since the last war as an example .. o well
    Happy KA killing and growing to all that are still with the game of course.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Unfortunately my old antique iOS still is broken....and before you suggest it is and old device that refuses to update. Congrats to those that were helped...just wish I could do more than kill bosses.