Gathering information on Lags in game

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gathering information on Lags in game

Post Count

Gathering information on Lags in game

Hello Modern Warriors,

We have received several reports from the community about the game Lagging during several occasions. Our engineering team is looking extensively into the issue and hence please use this thread to give us more details/screenshots/videos of instances where the game Lags for you. The more extensive the reports are, the easier it would be for us to track down the underlying issue.

As a basic checklist- please include the following minimum information in your reports-

1) Your Invite Code:

2) Your App(Game) Version, Build and Content Version: (see screenshot below)

3) Network Used: for e.g: WIFI, 3G, 4G etc.

4)What action actually led to the lag: for e.g: when tapping on Energy, Opening inventory, loading the daily ranks in HCB etc.

Thanking in advance for your efforts!

Queen Mila
    Attached Images Attached Images

Banned
    Post Count
    I'm on iOS, iphone6. Have the latest modern war update. The game lags when I hit all LTq targets, lags when I attack someone in WD, lags when I deploy in Front Line, lags when I do player versus player, lags when I use refills on Raid Boss. I don't have screen shots and I use Wifi and 4G LTE, in which it lags on both.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Collecting cash whether it is a couple buildings or a whole base, placing a building or moving buildings after tapping on the green check box, between the last hit of a PVE target and when the splash screen appears, attacking someone in WD (four android tablets and an iPhone 4 - seems all the androids finish clocking at the same time, as if a gate had been finally opened), switching accounts, taking down bosses (although I don't know why we needed the animation even when it was only a few seconds - should be quick like pvp used to be.), expanding the base, and I'm sure others that I can't recall at the moment.

All androids are the same info as the screen shot above, the iPhone is build 1745.0. However, the iPhone 4 stopped getting iOS updates at version 7.1.2. also, it seemed a bit faster at building upgrades. noticed the same lag on both wifi and 4g (hotspot).

The lag is the same on any account opened on any of the devices, in other words, the account didn't make a difference. Some of the invite codes: 225-163-164, 761-578-027, 436-626-230, and 181-733-281

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Also, opening boxes and traveling to map areas.

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    I'm now exclusively on iPhone and don't seem to be suffering from lag too much now only time it affects me is loading up the game especially on the data pushes.
    However when I was on android take your pick loading would take forever deploying in fl attacking players both in wd and normally would take an age trying to get from your base to another would take an age and even if you did especially just before I moved to iOS I couldn't do anything whatsoever I couldn't complete missions attack build etc it became a major pain in the you know what.
    It's not really surprising that so many people are unhappy with the lag or have quit the game, the (and I mean gree here) team in charge never paid any attention to players concerns customer(lack of) service was laughable you could almost guarantee that tickets would be closed before they were even looked at and half the time you wouldn't get any sort of acknowledgement to receiving them.
    Thank you for actually taking the time to ask for our input those of us that still use the forum actually do appreciate this

Find it hard to believe that they just now need our input after GREE has received thousands of support tickets over the years on this. Have all those been ignored?

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Shadow cs was none existent if lucky you got an automated response.
    Deca may have been a little slow (call it teething problems) but at least queenmila is trying

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Since everyone complains about the lag, putting all that stuff in this post is pointless. It takes 2-5 minutes to start, it then takes 10-20 seconds between levels on LTQs. Too long for me. I seldom do LTQs anymore and log in once per day vs 4-5 times (and will most likely be going to once per week). Also, it is a memory hog. Once a month I have to delete app and then load new as it starts at several hundred meg, then goes up to gig+. I have a 16 gig iPhone so that is a lot of demand. I would think with all the data on our phone put there by MW that there would be next to no lag.

Lurker
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Working from Samsung s5. Up to 10 days ago game worked reasonable. Since then almost every action is taking ages. Logging in is slow. Collecting money from buildings time. moving to maps is not so much effected it seems. That was always slow already. Killing any npc takes 10 to 20sec. Going to your target list is okay but refreshing the list takes 10 to 20 sec again. If the boss then is summoned the screen takes another 10 sec to load. Luckily you can back out of that screen on android. Next screen with the group showing the scored points takes another lag. Again a screen you can skip. then hit button to actually go hit the boss and another 10 sec lost. Killing it... another lag. To kill 1 boss takes anywhere from 45 sec up to 2 min!!! During weekend events: FL deploys take time and get bounced. During WD registering a hit takes almost up to 40 sec! ! If you have multiple accounts like me, it takes almost 15 min to kill a lvl 15 wall and drop DL what I did before in under 5 min.

I can't even tell you which version of mw I have as the button for the info doesnt work. I already flushed the cache, deleted the data (sometimes up to 2.5gb!!) and ever deleted game and re-installed it.

There is enough room on phone and external card. Play mainly on home wifi but also on 4G.

5 Aug 2017: Update after all issues started approx. 3 weeks ago.
    This morning the FL started. I have not seen so many issues in the years I have been playing. First war I went to play, it did not show any units to deploy. Then sometimes it shows the units, but that you don't have any and if you tick it to buy you cannot buy the gunners or anything else. I was not able to deploy during the first war letting my team down. On other accounts in other faction it took me 12 minutes for 1 account to unload 250 deploys as the lag is terrible. So wherein previous FL's I was able to deploy 7 accounts in around 15 minutes and was sure deploys went out, now I have no idea if deploys will go and what time it will take.

FLTQ:
    Maps don't load or take 4 to 5 minutes. Targets you hit do not deduct energy till minutes later and when you think you have killed a target and energy is reduced, you move to other account and find out that the earlier target did not register.

First time in all the years that I play that I really feel like quitting.
    Last edited by Knikker; 08-05-2017 at 07:44 AM. Reason: FL started

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    android was working fine (some lag and there but not serious) until 3 weeks ago...when Deca started 3 LTQ at one go..
    and since then, the lag is bad.

1) LTQ - Go to map.. take at least one minute to go to each map (click visit button also nothing happen, just have to wait).
    2) killing LTQ target also very slow in getting the pop up..and alway overhit.. then once the pop up went up, u click menu and try to go to the goal and visit, it is another wait.

3) FRONTLINE - -deploy alway get kickback... you keep on clicking until zero deploy, then suddenly, another 20-30 deploys came back so u have to click deploy again.. and another 10-15 will still came back (despite u have deploy).. and our ships are deducted but the deploy are not counted as well when such thing happen.

4) android FL timer is slower than IOS. hotspot already gone and won by a team in IOS, but in android, there is at least 15 sec lag and anything u deploy during these 15 sec will be kicked back.

5) WD -hitting an opposite is slow.. take at least 1 min... even hitting wall also slow, esp when u go into the WD immediately after logging in.. it will just spin circle .

6) FACTION HQ - this is the worst of all. very slow to get into HQ, wan to produce resourecs, the screen is very slow (as compare to IOS), sometime it take 1-2 mins to load the screen to produce/collect...

7) FACTION TAB IN MENU - this is also slow as well.. keep on spinning circles.. wan to donate, also have to wait.

all these happen in ANDROID recently.
    for IOS, there are some lag here and there, but still acceptable.

Post Count
    Agree with everything sbs2716g said. Also, buying, selling, collecting buildings, and recycling units. In fact anything where the device has to sync and update with the server causes long delays and spinning circles on Android. The game is barely playable now.
    I suspect MW got too big for the infrastructure in place. Looks like the servers can't handle the amount of data fast enough. Also has to be some serious errors in the dev/coding for things to get so slow so quickly. Start by going back to how things were a cycle back, when the gameplay was just about acceptable, probably around the time of the takeover, then look at how to improve the gameplay.

Don't know if it will help, but take an axe to some of the features from the early days of MW, cut them out and slim the game down.

Do beginners even do the Force Degradation goals? Give them PvP goals or something already built into the game. Dont need these extra loads.

Do we really need 64 maps? Cut them out and put all the LTQ goals on a handful of maps.
    1 map of 5 targets for a LTQ Beginner
    2 maps of 5 targets for LTQ Normal
    3 maps of 5 targets for LTQ Prestige
    4 maps of 5 targets for LTQ Masters
    Delete all the other maps and npc's

Add a tabbed feature for notifications so we don't have to deal with popups constantly getting in the way of gameplay. Let players check when they want, not when the game tells them. Does anyone ever read them during fast paced events (with lag), or are they just an annoyance?

Remove the splash screens "Boss is coming". We know that! Go directly to the fight animation. There's always another delay when that screen pops up.

Too many units in the game.
    Add a feature to consolidate boost units. Replace say 100 boost units with one boost unit and get a 100:1 reduction in units; or boost buildings where players can transfer unit boost to a building boost (Sea, Air, Ground, Inf).

In addition to accounts up to L300 I have a L6 account with 8 buildings and 151 units. It kicks serious bum in gameplay speed. That's gotta tell you something about account size v speed.

I'm playing the latest build of MW on updated Nexus devices, an iPhone 4s and Bluestacks 3. It's a joke when the iphone is the fastest device!

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    All you are right: game freezes in time of turning to server.
    Conclusion is simple:
    1. Improve performance in server side software.
    2. Move SQL scripts from code to DB and optimize SQL script execution using standard methods (profiling, indexes, execution plans, limiting returned amount of records, etc.).
    3. Sync only data needed for executing operation.
    4. Remove retired data (keep volume of game data up to 200 MB)
    5. ...

Currently, decrease number of events.

The game was fast in Funzio time when was one event in a time. All events (boxes, bosses, WD, LTQ) were sequentially. And LTQ was sequential: we finished normal and only then we went to prestige. All game infrastructure is build for such event running.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    1. Remove/reduce the animation. That will speed the game and reduce battery usage .
    2. I noticed game runs faster on my mini account than my main on the same device and I assumed that is due to all the inventory junks that we have accumulated. The current recycle method is not efficient, it takes 10 minutes to recycle a couple hour of units. Also we have some unused special units that we cant get rid off. One method I will suggest is to let us to select/check all the units then select recycle only once instead of current method which ask for confirmation on every unit, which takes 3-4 clicks/popup to recycle one unit.

Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Raid Boss: takes over one minute to summon and take down on Android, v 6.8.5, build 278. iOS, its just a few seconds, v 6.8.4,build 1745.0.

LTQ takes way too much time, to complete, and bad lag after completion. After initially hitting the visit button, there is a bad lag. Once tapping, if not counting or keeping track, keep hitting because you think you didn't complete it, and undoubtedly wasting energy. On Android.
    CC Mafia Codes: 888 701 464, 503 892 849, 608 943 190, 864 348 557, 502 240 575
    Syndicate 💥 720 641 277

MW Alliance Codes: 712 849 183, 135 451 857, 250 563 636
    Faction 💥 751 241 780

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by zhenyu View Post
    1. Remove/reduce the animation. That will speed the game and reduce battery usage .
    2. I noticed game runs faster on my mini account than my main on the same device and I assumed that is due to all the inventory junks that we have accumulated. The current recycle method is not efficient, it takes 10 minutes to recycle a couple hour of units. Also we have some unused special units that we cant get rid off. One method I will suggest is to let us to select/check all the units then select recycle only once instead of current method which ask for confirmation on every unit, which takes 3-4 clicks/popup to recycle one unit.

true.. and in android, if you look at your inventory, you still see units with stats of 60/50, 130/120... but when you go to recycling, they are not there for you to recycle. not sure why also.