Deca please stop giving temp mods

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Deca please stop giving temp mods

Articulate Author
    Post Count

Deca please stop giving temp mods

I have never been a great fan of prizes with temp mods.

Killing 150+10 bosses is a big effort for a mod that lasts only a week.

On top of that due to the crash in the beginning of january all temp mods of the last couple of weeks have been useless because there have been no events where they could have been used.

Climax was the recent EB wrapper with a temp mod that ended before it could be earned!

So I suggest that you no longer give away temp mods at all. I prefer an unlimited 1 or 2% mod over a 5 or 10% temp mod.

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by gunny22 View Post
    I have never been a great fan of prizes with temp mods.

Killing 150+10 bosses is a big effort for a mod that lasts only a week.

On top of that due to the crash in the beginning of january all temp mods of the last couple of weeks have been useless because there have been no events where they could have been used.

Climax was the recent EB wrapper with a temp mod that ended before it could be earned!

So I suggest that you no longer give away temp mods at all. I prefer an unlimited 1 or 2% mod over a 5 or 10% temp mod.
    1. The prize was changed so it ends on the 29th. I'm guessing it was a typo anyway.
    2. Presumably once the temp mods expire they get converted to a permanent one?

Temporary mods for events like SA (which I hate anyway) make no difference to me. The temp energy I enjoyed as it allowed me to gamble and win on completing two stages rather than just one this weekend.
    "The Tokyo Rose of the Trailer Park"

Consistent Contributor colec023's Avatar
    Post Count
    I have asked DECA to make the current EB energy Mods permanent. Not really worth it to get a prize that is no good the day you get it.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Only the temp ip mods they haven’t done in forever on hott off the truck converted into permanent mafia attack mods. Everything of recent just expires and you get just the raw stats of the item.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by colec023 View Post
    I have asked DECA to make the current EB energy Mods permanent. Not really worth it to get a prize that is no good the day you get it.
    Thanks but like I said, we have to think bigger.
    All temp mods we have gotten the last few weeks to help us with events that have not taken place or were buggy, are not really worth it.

Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by sister morphine View Post
    1. The prize was changed so it ends on the 29th. I'm guessing it was a typo anyway.
    Actually, I believe the Hitman: Diego Alvares goal with the temp mod was correct from the getgo (+4 until the 29th)
    The Diego Alvares goal had the garbage temp mod (+4 until the 22nd), but they did remove it from the goal & splash and we got no mod at all. Which sucked. Seriously.

But I totally agree, a crap permanent mod is still better than any temp mod.
    CC Mafia Codes: 888 701 464, 503 892 849, 608 943 190, 864 348 557, 502 240 575
    Syndicate 💥 720 641 277

MW Alliance Codes: 712 849 183, 135 451 857, 250 563 636
    Faction 💥 751 241 780

Lurker
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Temp mods are the worst thing ever. Deca has done one thing extremely well (maybe Gree started it but I’m not inclined to give them much credit) and that is put out GREAT mods like War regen. Please do us all a favor and discontinue these useless prizes.

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by colec023 View Post
    They didn’t listen. We’ve got another one. People who aren’t at level 300 don’t want EB’s as the exp is too high. Most don’t want 24 hour LTQ’s either. 3 of my syndicate quit in the last week. They have a full time job and don’t need another one and that’s what CC has become.

The last couple of weeks should have got rid of a few thousand more accounts. At this rate, the game will be dead by the summer. It seems that’s what Deca want. Much easier than fixing it

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by DoomsdayMY View Post
    They didn’t listen. We’ve got another one. People who aren’t at level 300 don’t want EB’s as the exp is too high. Most don’t want 24 hour LTQ’s either. 3 of my syndicate quit in the last week. They have a full time job and don’t need another one and that’s what CC has become.

The last couple of weeks should have got rid of a few thousand more accounts. At this rate, the game will be dead by the summer. It seems that’s what Deca want. Much easier than fixing it
    CC has been a full time job since syndicates were launched. Nothing new.

As for events, they're not compulsory you know. I'd like a change from the succession of EBs as much as you, but it would appear that it's the only event that can be relied upon to work reasonably right now (even with the glitches mentioned on the forum). So we'll have to put up with them - or you can choose to ignore them until things get fixed.
    "The Tokyo Rose of the Trailer Park"

Articulate Author
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by sister morphine View Post
    CC has been a full time job since syndicates were launched. Nothing new.

As for events, they're not compulsory you know. I'd like a change from the succession of EBs as much as you, but it would appear that it's the only event that can be relied upon to work reasonably right now (even with the glitches mentioned on the forum). So we'll have to put up with them - or you can choose to ignore them until things get fixed.
    Exactly my syndicates thoughts. Well said.