Game status - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Game status

Post Count
    I can't blame anybody for being critical... somebody is to blame, but I don't know enough to point fingers. IMHO, excuses only work for the one making them.

That is what we were told, just passing it along. I don't even know what a config file is; I would guess it configures something.

All I know is the game is broken, they are trying to fix it, and it feels like it's at a glacial pace to us players....

but hoping for the best.......
    *sighs*
    Line ID: clementine88

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Vile Lynn View Post
    I can't blame anybody for being critical... somebody is to blame, but I don't know enough to point fingers. IMHO, excuses only work for the one making them.

That is what we were told, just passing it along. I don't even know what a config file is; I would guess it configures something.

All I know is the game is broken, they are trying to fix it, and it feels like it's at a glacial pace to us players....

but hoping for the best.......
    *sighs*
    Vile Lynn,
    As always, thank you for keeping us updated on the forum. You always been a straight shooter.
    Nothing is, always, as it seems.

Banned
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Some Texans may be straight shooters... But not that one... Have to ask yourself "Why do you think she was kicked out of the player rep rooms (for MW)??"

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by OlapDev View Post
    Some Texans may be straight shooters... But not that one... Have to ask yourself "Why do you think she was kicked out of the player rep rooms (for MW)??"
    Most already know, but I don’t think it’s worth anything right now.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count

Dude is typing truth

Quote Originally Posted by OlapDev View Post
    Hear, hear, applause..........
    It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.

The SPENDING LAMP is ALWAYS lit in ALL GREE GAMES.
    SPEND it, if you got any left.

Jesse “The Body” Ventura said, “Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat!”

In the words of Bobby Heenan: "The money's the same, whether you earn it or scam it.
    "

I have some top secret clown business that supersedes any plans that you might have.
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Honestly?

Server problems and loss of data, it would be so much better if there was some honesty, even if it was "we can't be bothered at the moment, give us a week or so".

I run a tiny internet business, my sites and data are automatically backed up every 12 hours online and daily / weekly offline, backups are stored in multiple locations - someones not telling the truth lol.

I will confirm that once during server maintenance which normally takes 15mins - 2 hours - it was advised that the server had in fact been hacked and taken offline, this had all happened while I slept, I was told that two of our main sites had gone down for 15 minutes while one of the multiple backup servers was brought online and they fiddled with DNS settings etc, the hosting company had handled everything and made all necessary temporary fixes and supplied a mini list of required changes to the settings which maybe took an hour,

My point is that was a huge attack on my hosting companies server, and I was down maybe 15 mins, I can choose to restore with 12-hour backups going back for years, let's be honest we know Gree has backups because they have rolled back the game on quite a few occasions.

@Dewin - Commodore 64? Let's hear it for the ZX 81 Spectrum! That's real power, and you can't beat a little Jet Set Willy!

Anyway, I'm just a clown! And still, I have a backup lol.
    - Seal Team Six - SES - OMT - SF1 -

WD Point Ave 1m - Highest 3.1m

From truth lead me to delusion, from light lead me to darkness, from death lead me to eternal life. Hallelujah! Are you feeling it sire?

Banned
    Post Count
    It blows the mind that it’s not backed up. I have the pictures on my phone backed up. It’s been a good game ran by a poor company.