Cannot connect to server

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Cannot connect to server

Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count

Cannot connect to server

Both my Androids cannot get in. USA. iOS no problem. Anyone else?

Another Android in my syndicate also cannot get in. Canada.
    Last edited by Mrs Cash; 01-02-2018 at 06:13 PM.
    CC Mafia Codes: 888 701 464, 503 892 849, 608 943 190, 864 348 557, 502 240 575
    Syndicate 💥 720 641 277

MW Alliance Codes: 712 849 183, 135 451 857, 250 563 636
    Faction 💥 751 241 780

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    It’s the same for me. Two days of being really slow and today nothing. Even iOS is much slower over the last two days.

Does anyone know when they moved the game hosting from the US to the UK - and why? I thought they were trying to reduce lag, not make it worse.

Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Cash View Post
    Both my Androids cannot get in. USA. iOS no problem. Anyone else?

Another Android in my syndicate also cannot get in. Canada.
    All of my team cannot connect to server.
    My 3 devices, all droid, cannot connect.
    Teammates using both Droid & iOS and same issue.
    Chatrooms are chattering about "Cannot connect to server"

Post Count
    looks like deca is following the same trends as gree lol.. this must be their way of saying happy new year
    i cant get in game either, uninstalled/reinstalled game, cleared cache and what not. thought it were just my phone/internet acting up but now i know it is just another crimecity special hahaha

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by DoomsdayMY View Post

Does anyone know when they moved the game hosting from the US to the UK - and why? I thought they were trying to reduce lag, not make it worse.
    Interesting theory, then I suppose I must be one of the few people in the world who isn't US centric?

Post Count
    i too fail to understand how moving servers to the UK would help reducing the lag? hmm that's news to me lol

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobcc68 View Post
    Interesting theory, then I suppose I must be one of the few people in the world who isn't US centric?
    I’m in South East Asia. Connectivity to the UK is MUCH worse than the US. BTW, it’s not a theory. When I have game issues, I test the connection to see if it’s my ISP or the game. It used to hosted in one of the major US data centres. Now it’s hosted in London. It’s easy to check. The game, on both clients connects to crime city.com. Go to ipaddress.com and out that domain in and you’ll see for yourself

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    8 hours and no response. Surely someone is supposed be monitoring the game?

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    8 hours and no response. Surely someone is supposed be monitoring the game?
    lol I guess grade school back in session. Xmas break over so no more programmers.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    I nust bow to your superior knowledge DoomsdayMY, immediately resign from my current job and ponder the wisdom of all those multinational companies who use the UKs IT infrastructure as it is obviously so bad

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobcc68 View Post
    I nust bow to your superior knowledge DoomsdayMY, immediately resign from my current job and ponder the wisdom of all those multinational companies who use the UKs IT infrastructure as it is obviously so bad
    I didn’t say it was bad, but most of the world has far better connectivity to the US than the UK

Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Can get in, sloooowwwwly, on my Kindle Fire HD8. No dice on the Samsung Galaxy Tab S. Come on already!
    CC Mafia Codes: 888 701 464, 503 892 849, 608 943 190, 864 348 557, 502 240 575
    Syndicate 💥 720 641 277

MW Alliance Codes: 712 849 183, 135 451 857, 250 563 636
    Faction 💥 751 241 780

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    I’m in South East Asia. Connectivity to the UK is MUCH worse than the US. BTW, it’s not a theory. When I have game issues, I test the connection to see if it’s my ISP or the game. It used to hosted in one of the major US data centres. Now it’s hosted in London. It’s easy to check. The game, on both clients connects to crime city.com. Go to ipaddress.com and out that domain in and you’ll see for yourself
    I was watching the extras from LOTR: The Two Towers last night. Funny story - when Peter Jackson was in London for an extended period during the recording of the music score for the movie, his team set up servers in the UK so the editing team could keep in contact and send reels of the film for approval and comment. The high speed connection from New Zealand was no problem, but getting a decent connection to the house Jackson was living in was so hard that they resorted to downloading the files onto iPods and walking there! That was about 15 years ago. Obviously things haven't improved.

Recently there was a few letters in the paper about poor internet in the UK. It seems rural South Korea and Sri Lanka both have faster speeds than the best in Britain. Not surprising when you know we're still using copper wiring from a hundred years ago for most telephone infrastructure here.
    "The Tokyo Rose of the Trailer Park"