DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boost Buildings

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count

Boost Buildings

The boost buildings that give a base 6% power upgrade were free to upgrade. Now they cost tens of billions for low level upgrades? The top players have them all fully upgraded. Now the mid and lower level players who can afford them thanks to the last round of decent money buildings being available can buy them, but won’t be able to afford to upgrade them.

You’ve moved the goal posts again. The top players are fine and everyone else is royally screwed.

It’s a great move to get even more people to quit.

Before the stupid comments come, I have them all fully upgraded. This isn’t about me, it’s about the game as a whole.

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Apparently, upgrading from level nine to ten would cost about 173 billion, when it was free yesterday.

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    It's just like any building. You upgrade what you can afford, so what's new? The players who can afford to buy but not fully upgrade can at least get them on the ground. Perhaps we've all forgotten how we used to s c r a p e away to find cash to buy an upgrade for our lofts and nightclubs etc back in the day.

Crying and quitting over what is a fairly trivial thing is rather pathetic, really. Where I would agree is if the price of upgrading has been raised by insane levels, IF the purchase price has not changed (ie, if the buildings previously cost lots of gold to buy but are now cash, you can't expect upgrades to remain free).
    Last edited by sister morphine; 11-25-2017 at 06:44 AM. Reason: Had to seperate letters on one word because of idiotic censor
    "The Tokyo Rose of the Trailer Park"

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I agree sister morphine... plus just because something is released again doesn’t mean the upgrade process or anything will be just like it was the first time it came out.

But sounds like you need any reason to quit so might as well... bye Felicia

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Level 2 on the tank is free, whatever. How much gold did these 6% buildings cost when they first came out? Quite a bit as I recall.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by sister morphine View Post
    Level 2 on the tank is free, whatever. How much gold did these 6% buildings cost when they first came out? Quite a bit as I recall.
    How long are the bldg s available for?

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    How often will this happen tho? When war prizes were on the table about being redone, it benefited all players. When they actually came out, only top 5 syns really got anything good. Guess that comes from all reps being top 5 syns.

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillip99 View Post
    How long are the bldg s available for?
    Officially two days at time of writing. I suspect that means midnight PST on Tuesday.

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Foty View Post
    How often will this happen tho? When war prizes were on the table about being redone, it benefited all players. When they actually came out, only top 5 syns really got anything good. Guess that comes from all reps being top 5 syns.
    The lesser prizes did get a mafia bonus, which made them worthwhile at least. As for top prizes, no comment from me; can't remember the last time I even looked at prizes during war or SA.
    Last edited by sister morphine; 11-26-2017 at 11:12 PM.

Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by sister morphine View Post
    Perhaps we've all forgotten how we used to s c r a p e away to find cash to buy an upgrade for our lofts and nightclubs etc back in the day.
    Oh the memories...U Tell 'em!, Sista!!

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodimus View Post
    Shades of Monty Python's 'Four Yorkshiremen' sketch, Rod!

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Thank you Deca for fixing the problem. My syndicate members and thousands of people who don’t have trillions in the bank are happy now.
    Last edited by DoomsdayMY; 11-29-2017 at 10:08 PM.

Articulate Author
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodimus View Post
    I remember those days! My mini was pleased when he could buy recent re-releases this past week. Surely made many enemies while robbing to buy them .

Post Count
    I'd like to thank all the LLP "Alex"s for funding my new LEBs & upgrades $$$

LLP=low level player(s), usually means under Level 100
    LEB=Limited Edition Buildings, any building not usually in the store
    Line ID: clementine88

Post Count
    I'm not worried at all about boost buildings having much of an impact on the game.... I have over 1000% (some 3000%+) boosts on most equipment and I'm hardly a game changer, so getting another +150-200% won't do too much

To me, the boost buildings are just fun to have and upgrade since I have plenty of cash buildings, just something new.
    Line ID: clementine88