Dear Decca...

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 23

Thread: Dear Decca...

  1. #1
    Consistent Contributor
    Member Since
    Sep 2013
    Post Count
    156

    Red face Dear Decca...

    Now you have become the custodians of the shambling zombie husk that is Modern War, please can you outline your intentions with regard to the following points:

    1) Limited Time Quest Buildings. Have noted a lack of these for some while until the 8-level Precision/Precise(?) Tower. Noticed this is just a repurposed version of an existing LTQ building. No changes at all. Is this going to be a thing? Will you be shelling out for some original artwork is the future? Cash from LTQ buildings is really the only way for new players to boost their income. Without this, you will see (even) more n00bs flake out within days of starting, because they can't afford to buy buildings or do upgrades.

    2) Base expansion. Pretty sure that most of us on this forum maxed out our base expansions years ago. Doesn't really seem to be any reason why there has to be a maximum base size at all, but even if there does, why couldn't it be twice what it is now? I'm nearly full now, and I'd like to keep growing my base. Probably lots of other people would too.

    3) Defence buildings. HAHAHAHAHA yeah. Can you please look at finding a way to make these relevant again? Used to be a useful tool once upon a time, now...not so much.

    4) Graphics. It's not 2010 any more. Please can we get something done about the horribly dated look of the maps. Maybe send some people out into the real world to see what actual humans, vehicles, and buildings, look like.

    5) New Unit buildings. We've had the same unit buildings since...always, I think. Not that it matters, since none of the units actually make it into battle any more, but if you were intending to make the cash units relevant again at some point, perhaps we could have new unit buildings with more of a 'future war' theme.

    I'd be interested to see what's on the cards.
    One equal temper of heroic hearts

  2. #2
    Newbie
    Member Since
    Aug 2016
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    44
    Wow...I think you have spent more time thinking about the game than greedeca has......well done.

  3. #3
    Consistent Contributor
    Member Since
    Oct 2016
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    147
    When community talking about boycott, then there are trouble.

    Game made not for new players, slowly become dead game.

  4. #4
    Verbose Veteran Mrs Cash's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2014
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    915
    "shambling zombie husk", true that!
    Lmfao...
    CC Mafia Codes: 888 701 464, 503 892 849, 608 943 190, 864 348 557, 502 240 575
    Syndicate 💥 720 641 277

    MW Alliance Codes: 712 849 183, 135 451 857, 250 563 636
    Faction 💥 751 241 780

  5. #5
    Banned
    Member Since
    May 2014
    Post Count
    1,625
    It's amazing the game is still running at this point. It makes you miss the good days of the game when you hear about cash buildings.

  6. #6
    Verbose Veteran robmurphy's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2013
    Location
    England
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    594
    Iíve not been in the forum for many months, but surprise surprise, still so much impotent whining in here.

    GreeDeca donít invest in new players or LTBs etc for existing players because they generate zero revenue.

    GreeDeca is a commercial company, what would be the benefit for them?

    Ditto WD and FL events. Once the major revenue stream for the company, now simply a cut & paste exercise every week because it does not generate revenue.

    Only a fraction of the players in the Top 5 teams use gold in those events. They donít need to. In WD, the game lag when using Health Packs is longer than many players regen, so theyíre not used.

    The only aspect of the game which make GreeDeca any noticible revenue are cases and lockboxes. The great whales in the game (to whom we should all be grateful as itís only them who keep this game live) now pour their gold into those things. There are some top players who buy EVERY unit ever sold by GreeDeca.

    As I say, itís those people you should thank.

    The only entertaining part of this game is the Ďbanterí between the top factions and their respective players.

    If you play for free, stop whining about what GreeDeca do or donít do for you - youíre not important.

    Just keep your fingers crossed the top spenders continue to finance this game for you.

  7. #7
    Verbose Veteran Mrs Cash's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2014
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    915
    If you play for free, stop whining about what GreeDeca do or don’t do for you - you’re not important.
    If the bugs would get fixed, more people might be willing to spend money. I wouldn't and won't invest a single penny into this bug infested trash. A lot of people share that same logic. If GreeDeca can't see this, then it's their loss.
    CC Mafia Codes: 888 701 464, 503 892 849, 608 943 190, 864 348 557, 502 240 575
    Syndicate 💥 720 641 277

    MW Alliance Codes: 712 849 183, 135 451 857, 250 563 636
    Faction 💥 751 241 780

  8. #8
    Verbose Veteran robmurphy's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2013
    Location
    England
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    594
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Cash View Post
    If the bugs would get fixed, more people might be willing to spend money. I wouldn't and won't invest a single penny into this bug infested trash. A lot of people share that same logic. If GreeDeca can't see this, then it's their loss.
    Always ďifĒ

    If I was better looking and rich, Iíd be married to Liv Tyler........but I ainít.

    The game will never get fixed, QED you will never spend, QED you are irrelevant.

    Iíve heard Candy Crush is relatively bug free

  9. #9
    Consistent Contributor
    Member Since
    Oct 2016
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    147
    Who keep the game alive?

    A whale is eaten by many players.

    A big sale or many small, what is most profitable?

    And a game who develop as we walk, of course it would be error.

  10. #10
    Verbose Veteran robmurphy's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2013
    Location
    England
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    594
    Quote Originally Posted by solper View Post
    Who keep the game alive?

    A whale is eaten by many players.

    A big sale or many small, what is most profitable?

    And a game who develop as we walk, of course it would be error.
    Seriously, thatís your rebuttal?

    So tired and naive.

  11. #11
    Consistent Contributor
    Member Since
    Oct 2016
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    147
    This is the real life, deal with it.

  12. #12
    Verbose Veteran robmurphy's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2013
    Location
    England
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    594
    Quote Originally Posted by solper View Post
    This is the real life, deal with it.
    Oh, OK. That clears everything up.

    Thank the good Lord above that you are here to remind us this is Ďreal lifeí.

    It helps a lot. Thanks.

  13. #13
    Banned
    Member Since
    May 2014
    Post Count
    1,625
    Quote Originally Posted by robmurphy View Post
    Always “if”

    If I was better looking and rich, I’d be married to Liv Tyler........but I ain’t.

    The game will never get fixed, QED you will never spend, QED you are irrelevant.

    I’ve heard Candy Crush is relatively bug free
    You do realize that the reason many quit spending was because of gree’s Stupidity right? It’s grees fault that only whales still spend, as many of the current free players used to spend, and I’m one of them.

  14. #14
    Verbose Veteran robmurphy's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2013
    Location
    England
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    594
    Quote Originally Posted by robmurphy View Post
    Oh, OK. That clears everything up.

    Thank the good Lord above that you are here to remind us this is Ďreal lifeí.

    It helps a lot. Thanks.
    I'm sorry but you're completely wrong. GREE are not stupid, they are very smart.

    Apologies if you already know this, but every product (including Modern War) goes through a Product Lifecycle. Basically, all products have an Introduction Stage, Growth Stage, Maturity Stage and a Decline Stage.

    Modern War has very clearly completed the first three stages. This is evident with the stories of multi-million dollar players and the huge gold-fuelled rivalries between SUP and EW. However, the game is clearly now in the Decline Stage - which is fine, it's just the natural way of things.

    During this Decline Stage the company (GREE) will do everything they can to squeeze maximum revenue whilst cutting costs wherever they can. They are doing a great job at this evidenced by the fact that NOTHING is getting fixed in the game and yet they are still players who spend tens of thousands of dollars on a regular basis.

    GREE can very easily perpetuate this Decline Stage for years. All they need to do is keep releasing new glitzy units which the big spending players will always buy. Look at the fantastically successful launch of the Frontline Regen units. Don't be at all surprised if we find more regular special units arriving: Stamina Regen, Hardcore Boss Regen etc. etc. These are very cheap investments for GREE to make as they do not require full infrastructure rewrites.

    So in summary, GREE are not stupid, they are very clever and highly commercially focussed. The game may end tomorrow, but just as likely it could carry on for years through this decline stage. Also, I'm not trying to be aggressive or argumentative by saying non-gold players are irrelevant, but the brutal truth is that you are. GREE don't give a toss about those who play for free, why would they? As long as they have 5 or 10 big factions full of people who still want to spend, who cares about those outside the top 5/10.

    By GREE letting you play for free doesn't cost them anything (even their customer service replies are mostly automated), and there is always the chance that players like you who used to spend gold will be temped by one of the new shiny trinkets. It's a win-win for GREE.

    Pay-to-play or play-free, it doesn't make a difference, GREE will always win. They have a low cost, high margin revenue stream. When that stops, the game stops.

    Heads GREE wins, Tails you lose.

  15. #15
    Banned
    Member Since
    May 2014
    Post Count
    1,625
    Some of what you say is true Rob, but if Gree was as smart as you say they are they wouldn’t have such a low quality game. They would be making much more if they cared about the game rather than just placing duct tape over problems. I get why they do what they do, but they doesn’t change the fact that they are a lazy company.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •