Hallasan Breakout Hotspot issue

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Hallasan Breakout Hotspot issue

Post Count

Hallasan Breakout Hotspot issue

Hi Modern Warriors!

We’ve received reports of issues happening during the Frontline event of this weekend. Therefore, we would like to give you a better insight as to what happened.

In order to provide variation, this event was designed to have less hotspots showing up and therefore the node bonus was adapted to match the maximum number of hotspots. Basically, instead of having 4 hotspots showing up during the frontline fight, you should have seen 1 (making it more competitive and fun). Which also means that the maximum bonus “18% (Got 9 Nodes)” was brought down to “10% (Got 6 Nodes)”.

Now, after investigating the screenshots sent to our teams, we noticed that you were all seeing the hotspots that were supposed to be inactive (nodes showing as giving 0 points). As the maximum bonus was already adjusted to fit the modified design, even though these additional (inactive) nodes showed up, the event mechanics were not hindered (as these nodes show that they will give 0 points). Also, if some of you deployed units onto these nodes, your units did not get wasted as you would still have collected the deploy points for these nodes.

We understand the confusion this may have caused. This is why we have decided to provide the community with a special bonus unit (+3% Frontline Points). To receive your Hallassan Sun-Master unit, simply log in game as of October, 17th (as soon as the new dataset is made available). You will have 7 days to connect to the game and receive your gift.

Finally, and as a quick reminder, if you ever encounter an issue in game, you can all reach out to us through the different channels available. You can, for example, contact community representatives that will let NS know of the issue, but you can also create a forum message with screenshots of your issue and we will make sure that it is properly reviewed by the teams.

Please note that the more details you give, the easier it is for us to pinpoint each issue:
    I logged in game and lost my boost. <-- This is hard for us to tell what actually happened
    I logged in game yesterday and I noticed that my boost building BUILDING_NAME was at a lower level than before. I’m sure I upgraded it to level 7 but it’s now level 2. <-- Now we know it’s a problem with a boost building, we know its name, we know when it happened and what level to look for.

Have fun in game!

Karrazz

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    I agree with most written here.

I don't understand only one point: the issue is so clear when you open FL war screen and why do you need any screenshot?

Moreover, do you look in "lags in game" thread that you (Deca) opened?
    I posted there post about this HS issue two days ago without any response from your side.
    Please, close this thread if you don't look in it. And we will not be able to post there about issues in game.
    Last edited by Annihilator2; 10-16-2017 at 10:56 AM.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    One word...

Testing??

Post Count
    Hi everyone!

There are two things related to this issue, the fact that hotspots appeared and the fact that the maximum bonus was reduced. When event specs are provided to the QA team, they check the functions according to both specs and test plans.

In terms of specs, since the maximum bonus was reduced, QA was a pass as in "working as intended". On the other hand this event still had as many hotspots as previous events, simply turned off. It basically looks the same, just that there is a small value some place that shows 0 instead of 1. This was not caught by our QA team and we deeply apologize for this genuine mistake.

Now, unless there is a clear, game breaking issue, we will generally avoid altering such events, simply because we do not want to affect any ongoing battles nor leaderboards. In our case here, hotspots were still functional, simply misleading.

Finally, about reporting this issue on the lag topic, please remember that the main goal of the "lag in game" forum post is to collect information about lags. We do not expect a report on a frontline function happening there. And as mentioned above, please be clear about issues you report (HS2/HS3 doesn't tell us much about what happens). What I would have suggested to do, for example, was to create a new topic called "hotspot issue in frontline" and explain the issue with a few screenshots to make it more visual (it's not about opening the game and seeing it by ourselves, but more about us knowing which data is related to the screen you're seeing).

I hope this answers your concerns!

And as usual, have fun in game

Karrazz

Banned
    Post Count
    The lag issue was brought up 2 months ago and it hasn't gotten better. Are we supposed to be believe you guys actually have a solution? I avoided hotspots because it wasn't worth it, why would we bother as this community has been screwed over way too many times. Gree/Deca better feel blessed that there are still whales that spend.

Post Count
    The compensation is pointless. My faction is down to 2 players and one of them can’t get into the game for days at a time. The others get stuck on “loading data” or “connecting to server” and have given up. Most of us have been together since factions first started and many go back to Funzio. Players on iOS and android devices, new and older. When I see the leader boards, it’s clear there are few players. It passed the point of no return for a lot of my guys.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    New thread about lags in game

Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Androids cannot send in tickets thru the game ..... invalid email!
    CC Mafia Codes: 888 701 464, 503 892 849, 608 943 190, 864 348 557, 502 240 575
    Syndicate 💥 720 641 277

MW Alliance Codes: 712 849 183, 135 451 857, 250 563 636
    Faction 💥 751 241 780

Post Count
    Hi guys!

Let's please keep forum posts related to their topics. If you want to speak about a specific topic, please reply to existing threads (if applicable)or create a new thread. This will make it easier for everyone to follow discussions

Let me still quickly answer to those few points though:

- Lags in game are an ongoing issue. We are definitely looking into it as one of our top priorities. Please understand that this is not something we can fix in a few days as it requires a good overview/understanding of everything affecting in game performances. We are aware of the issue (hence the other related topic) and we are really sorry that this is continuously affecting the player base. This is also valid for the newer iOS issue (related to the latest OS update).

- We are aware of the current issue with our ticket system on android and the team are looking into it as we speak

Have fun in game!

Karraz[insert here as many extra z as desired]z

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I was told by customer service that the developers are working on a fix for the lag over six months ago.
    It's getting worse!! Just stop the LTQs, they are boring and the rewards are rubbish.
    I don't think many players would miss them.

Banned
    Post Count
    Ok the forum members will stay on topic. Only if you get the game fixed.

O my bad that ain't going to happen thanks for playing a f. U. B. A. R. Game. Get over it and move on like most of the members have.