DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Game Center-iOS 11 issues

Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count

Game Center-iOS 11 issues

Hello Mobsters,

We have received reports that some of you have been facing issues with switching accounts using Game Center post iOS 11 update. Please use this thread to share with us more information on the issues. It would be great if you could please reply with the exact steps for us to be able to reproduce the error.

Please also include the following information
    Player IDs:
    Device you are using, and any other iOS devices you might have tried with:

Thank you for your support.
    Spooneron

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Problem started late August on iOS 10 before last cc update. Loading time over 60 seconds. Has progressively gotten worse since then. Loading time is up to 3 minutes now.

iPhone 6s Plus. iOS 11.

I retired my big mini and mini syndicate because it takes way too long to load game for each account.

Currently only playing main account. Have to log in 5-8 minutes prior to blitz to be in on time. And cannot close app in final 5 minutes of a battle to check chats because there won’t be enough time to get back in.

I hope a fix is coming ASAP. It’s changed the way people play. Not only is it wasting hours of time during the weekend watching the loading screen. It’s become frustrating to the point it’s not worth the aggravation.

Lurker
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Spooneron,

Please see previous thread with Lag issues as it contains most of the information you are looking for. What POW stated is correct, however, I believe the issue goes back to July, I noticed it on my IPad Air 2 with IOS10 and continued when I went to IOS11 Public beta on the same device. The load is getting worse and switching accounts on the IPAD Air 2 and IPhone 7 regardless of IOS takes an extended amount of time, in fact several members in my syndicate have missed events because of the lag. This issue based on feedback from other syndicates is not an isolated issue it a game wide issues when IOS or Android, (Ive heard Android is worse).

The exact steps are basically switching account..not sure what else you could possibly be looking for.

If you want more information or a bunch of ID's with users have the same issue, feel free to email me and I will provide them to you.
    My ID's are: 958105784 - IOS11 Public Beta - Lag issues and switching account issues. Device: Ipad Air 2
    360732587 - Issues with IOS 10 and IOS 11.0.2 - IPhone 7
    777783586 - Login Lag issues and switching accounts while on IPhone 7 with IOS 11. Did not have an issue with IOS 10 but does with 11. Switching between accounts takes upwords of 10-15 minutes.

Thank you,
    Last edited by Butters1; 10-10-2017 at 11:50 AM. Reason: Adding third account with issues

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    I just uninstalled and reinstalled the game. Get gets stuck on manifest 100%. Total load time two minutes forty nine seconds.

Also in App Store it shows last 5 version updates were in last 10 minutes. 7.8.2-7.9.3. With 7.9.3 saying 1 minute ago.

It’s been around 20 minutes now since I reinstalled and it’s still showing those update times.

Lurker
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count

Problem is not ios11. Having problems with android and older iOS devices as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Spooneron View Post
    Hello Mobsters,

We have received reports that some of you have been facing issues with switching accounts using Game Center post iOS 11 update. Please use this thread to share with us more information on the issues. It would be great if you could please reply with the exact steps for us to be able to reproduce the error.

Please also include the following information
    Player IDs:
    Device you are using, and any other iOS devices you might have tried with:

Thank you for your support.
    Spooneron
    Have an older iPad ios 6 that worked fine up to recently.
    Takes 5-7 minutes to load regardless of older iPad or iPhone 7. And increases in time regularly. My android devices are beginning to lag the same as iOS devices started to awhile back.

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Anything on this?

Lurker
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Doubtful. From what I've noticed they simple ask and never update. See all the previous posts on this issue going back to July. Honestly, if this were my company there would be people replaced. I have sadly had to terminate people for lack of competence like we are seeing now. Would hate to see how many people have quit and the loss of revenue caused by these issues.

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Players aren’t responding either. If most are willing to keep their mouths shut and simply live with it then so will the company.

Lurker
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    And that's why I've posted on every thread. Providing as much detail as possible. Even sent in tickets to the support team with zero response

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I first mentioned this when I was on the iOS beta. Thought any developer would also be running the betas internally for testing

Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Hello Again Mobsters,

Thanks for sharing the details. We are trying to get to the root of the problem which has many dimensions to it (like region,connection, latency(distance to servers), App build, device build- combined together with Player account specifics). Unfortunately we don't have a direct solution yet and hence we had no information to share with you. However, please don't think that we are not reading your replies or are not taking them into account for our investigations.

Thank you for your understanding and patience.

Spooneron

Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Ditto, still and it is pushing the end of october.

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    I have a question that I’d like to have answered. I think it will help many people.

Personally I was having this issue prior to iOS 11. Granted not as bad. But since it’s being blamed on iOS 11. Would you suggest to people to downgrade if they’re considering it?

I myself don’t have a iOS 10 backup. And this is my personal and business phone. So I’d lose everything and basically be starting over. But I’ve become so frustrated with this. To the point I feel like I’m being robbed of a investment. And forced out. As silly as it sounds that’s exactly what it feels like.

So again. Would devs recommend doing this if one is thinking about it? Since it’s being blamed solely on iOS 11. That should remedy the problem right? Please consider personal Data loss in a answer.

I look forward to a response. Thanks in advance.

Lurker
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    I think developers need to know the only difference between iOS 10.x and 11, was the OS upgrade. The app remained the same both before and after the upgrade. My experience has been thee game went from 20-30 second load time (iOS 10.3.3 I believe) to 3+ minutes POST 11.0.1 upgrade. The new load time is still the same on 11.0.3.

This is on an iPhone 7, so it's not as if I'm running a phone older than 1 year.

I also found that the display timeout setting (dim first then eventually sleep mode) will cause the app to crash if the game has not been fully loaded before the screen goes blank. I have to keep tapping the screen to keep it alive... which leads to this other observation...

What is very odd is those "taps" or swipes used to keep the screen alive (during the loading of the game), have buffered up and when the game finally loads, drives that input to cause the game to think I'm actually clicking on a building and if I tap the right spot, attempt to confirm selling whatever building it was clicked on (which I don't want to do, but because of this 3+ minute load time I have to keep tapping it). I am not going to change my power settings for the sake of the game, as I would like to conserve battery life on my phone due to the higher power consumption that iOS 11 has already proven to take.

Right now time sensitive events are really driving the fun out of the game. I cannot participate in end of battle blitzes (typical of Street Assaults or even HCBoss). Game takes too long to load from our third party chat app where we communicate and discuss strategy.

This has been now almost 2 months (not counting developer time with iOS 11 beta before general release) of waiting only to see the time go from bad to worse. Any resolution to this as playing on an iPad (iOS 10.3.3) is a work around, but I am not going to carry that around just to play during the day (especially at work). My spending has stopped effective this past weekend and will not resume until after this is fixed.

Post Count
    I was having the same long load issue on my iOS phone. I noticed my CC app was HUGE! abnormally huge, like 2.2G. It should be around 250-375 MB! After deleting and reinstalling CC, no more long load times! (I have not updated to iOS 11 yet)

To check your CC size, look in Settings>General>Storage & iCloud Usage>Manage Storage and scroll down to find CC.

Reinstalling is usually an easy fix for most issues when it is device-specific & not game-wide.
    No worries about losing your game, or your accounts or any progress because all data is kept server side.