DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Game Center-iOS 11 issues

Lurker
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Vile Lynn View Post
    I was having the same long load issue on my iOS phone. I noticed my CC app was HUGE! abnormally huge, like 2.2G. It should be around 250-375 MB! After deleting and reinstalling CC, no more long load times! (I have not updated to iOS 11 yet)

To check your CC size, look in Settings>General>Storage & iCloud Usage>Manage Storage and scroll down to find CC.

Reinstalling is usually an easy fix for most issues when it is device-specific & not game-wide.
    No worries about losing your game, or your accounts or any progress because all data is kept server side.
    91 MB is current storage on device. I do the "dump and load" every 4-6 months as I know it can collect and store data over time. I seem to recall doing it when I first went to iOS 11 in hopes that would do something to improve load times. It continued to be slow and to make matters worse, I had to go back and change all settings on profiles to hide decorations, turn off all sounds, etc.

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    A month ago the response to this issue was an optimized update waiting for approval. This month it turns out that there actually isn’t an optimized update waiting for approval. But one is being worked on. And it can’t be put in for approval until forced updates are sent out to old users because it contains a new game feature. So we’re still a long ways away from an update that might not fix this problem.

But for good measure. Instructions are given in this thread by a mod for a basic uninstall and reinstall. Calling the issue device specific. Basically telling the people who are having this problem it’s you not us.

What it boils down to is there’s really no fix coming. And its our fault as players. They’re stringing us along again. If you want to rid of this issue then buy a brand new phone and hope it’s not having this problem. Or live with it.

Thanks for the update vile Lynn.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by POW! View Post
    A month ago the response to this issue was an optimized update waiting for approval. This month it turns out that there actually isn’t an optimized update waiting for approval. But one is being worked on. And it can’t be put in for approval until forced updates are sent out to old users because it contains a new game feature. So we’re still a long ways away from an update that might not fix this problem.

But for good measure. Instructions are given in this thread by a mod for a basic uninstall and reinstall. Calling the issue device specific. Basically telling the people who are having this problem it’s you not us.

What it boils down to is there’s really no fix coming. And its our fault as players. They’re stringing us along again. If you want to rid of this issue then buy a brand new phone and hope it’s not having this problem. Or live with it.

Thanks for the update vile Lynn.

Yes & no & maybe... Yes, lots of times it is the device or as you said 'the players fault.' No, they are not stringing anybody along; a fix is in the works! And maybe it will work, maybe not. They need time to test it and get it approved.

Don't hate me for being the messenger but Android devices are getting too old too fast and more times than not: it's the device, not the app. Don't have to tell me, either... I know, it sucks! I had to stop playing on my 1st gen iPad a few years back, and I am still not happy about it.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    I was having the same long load issue on my iOS phone. I noticed my CC app was HUGE! abnormally huge, like 2.2G. It should be around 250-375 MB! After deleting and reinstalling CC, no more long load times! (I have not updated to iOS 11 yet)

To check your CC size, look in Settings>General>Storage & iCloud Usage>Manage Storage and scroll down to find CC.

Reinstalling is usually an easy fix for most issues when it is device-specific & not game-wide.
    No worries about losing your game, or your accounts or any progress because all data is kept server side.

Mine is only 92MB and is having lag issues logging in. up to 3 mins per account which is crazy. Located in Australia if it helps the collection of data. been happening well before IOS update was loaded on phone. Happens using wifi or data

Lurker
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Lynn. I checked my storage on my Ipad Air 2 IOS 11x public beta. My CC shows 89.1MB in size
    On IPhone 7 IOS 11.x CC shows 91.2MB. Both of them are the current version of the App

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by wawoftam View Post
    Mine is only 92MB and is having lag issues logging in. up to 3 mins per account which is crazy. Located in Australia if it helps the collection of data. been happening well before IOS update was loaded on phone. Happens using wifi or data
    There are other reasons for having longer than normal load times... it might just be your device. I'm not saying it IS, but it could be. At least now you know a huge CC app is not the cause.

Quote Originally Posted by Butters1 View Post
    Lynn. I checked my storage on my Ipad Air 2 IOS 11x public beta. My CC shows 89.1MB in size
    On IPhone 7 IOS 11.x CC shows 91.2MB. Both of them are the current version of the App
    Please re-read my post: My storage "fix" does NOT apply to players who have already updated to iOS11...
    A client update is on the way for those players who have update to iOS11.

And, as past history with updates have not gone well, never ever expect these apps (CC, MW, KA) to work on the beta versions... or even when the update is first publicly released... I'm not telling anybody what to do on their devices or what they can update, just passing on my experiences and what others have posted here

Post Count
    I'm pretty sure this has been completely fixed...
    Line ID: clementine88

Articulate Author
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    I'm pretty sure this has been completely fixed...
    Yeah havent heard any issues on this for some time