What's up with the events... - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's up with the events...

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by HellRaizer View Post
    Throwing up more servers may help with the service layer.. However, no amount of servers will speed up database contention if it's down to coding..

I work on high volume (petabyte) databases in the finance area, and if you have bad code, you're F'd
    Fully agree! Bad code eliminates power of servers. Specially when all queries come to one database without any help from replication, cluster, loadbalancing and other smart words in the area.

This is similar to increasing memory for solving memory lick - increasing memory will never help against memory lick.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuombajj View Post
    Sure they can. Put inefficient code on a super computer and it will quickly. If you write efficient code/queries, it will reduce the need for powerful servers. MW is one big database of a game, and there is obviously too much data and requests going into servers per user.

Also if code didn't change much but the player base decreased, what else do you blame for lag?
    As described above, this statement is wrong. Servers cannot help.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuombajj View Post
    Sure they can. Put inefficient code on a super computer and it will quickly. If you write efficient code/queries, it will reduce the need for powerful servers. MW is one big database of a game, and there is obviously too much data and requests going into servers per user.

Also if code didn't change much but the player base decreased, what else do you blame for lag?
    In the words of Hillary Clinton, you blame Russia.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Not saying it's a solution to throw more servers at the game, but I feel that servers were taken away from the game, to save costs. That will make thing worse no matter if programming is good or bad.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Genen View Post
    I see some people still posting on this forum
    Including yourself

Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    As fast as I can tell, Deca is doing all it can to keep game running while trying to sort though logs filled with unused weapons & inventory....yes, all the retired &/or unused accts are a major problem that can not LEGALLY just be deleted, , SO new codes &/OR maybe even create an "Update" to allow only "Active accts" into new server/system will help with the lag !

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Speed ump View Post
    So then the only real question that remains to be asked. What’s the best lubricant for that.
    My girlfriend said to try K-Y Jelly.
    In Canada a Vault of Gold on Android is $100.00 and on iOS it is $140.00

Banned
    Post Count
    Would deleting all unused units work? Or deting accounts that have t played in over a year?

Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    I don't believe accts can LEGALLY deleted as they are not property of Gree/Deca, so, IMO, an update that allowed only the PLAYED ACCTS on to a new server would cut the overloaded &/or crowding on server by at least 60%>>>>again just my opinion

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by AstroGlide View Post
    I don't believe accts can LEGALLY deleted as they are not property of Gree/Deca, so, IMO, an update that allowed only the PLAYED ACCTS on to a new server would cut the overloaded &/or crowding on server by at least 60%>>>>again just my opinion

You may be right Astro, I think I may have heard that talked about before but I'm not sure. Having separate servers would in theory fox a lot of it, but how do they separate the accounts?