Fix the matching algorithm

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Fix the matching algorithm

Post Count

Fix the matching algorithm

Seriously. Who the @&$( is winning the battles? We're 5 wins and (going on) 20 losses. Criminy, how do we keep getting matched with the same syndicates that mop the floor with us over and over and over again? It's not like we're a t10 syndicate. We make it to 500 and we consider it a good event. How the hell can we not even find one in 4 to beat if the algorithm is working?
    511982039, 289915690, 421304324, 881517294, 694416644, 525235151

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I don't believe there are that many people still playing the game. Most syndicates are 2 or 3 people and their minis. That means fewer opportunities for match ups and more likely to be matched with the same teams over and over again.

It used to require a lot of gold from a lot of people to make top 500. Now it can be done by 1 player and a few minis with no gold at all. I have done it.

It would surprise me if there were still 10k live people still playing this game worldwide.

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hammr View Post
    I don't believe there are that many people still playing the game. Most syndicates are 2 or 3 people and their minis. That means fewer opportunities for match ups and more likely to be matched with the same teams over and over again.

It used to require a lot of gold from a lot of people to make top 500. Now it can be done by 1 player and a few minis with no gold at all. I have done it.

It would surprise me if there were still 10k live people still playing this game worldwide.
    If you think most syns are 2-3 people and minis you're crazy. I know many people in many different syns and all have at least 30-40 people. Plus, with all the issues this game is having, a 2 person syn would get nowhere without major gold spending.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    You might be right if you are talking about syndicates in top 250. OP was talking about top 500. I have main + 7 minis and account for over 90% of our production in war. We make top 400 every time with no gold. 2 years ago it took a full crew of 60 active players and quite a bit of gold to achieve that. That change alone indicates a mass exodus from the game.

I have also noticed that a lot of opponents will simply wait out a battle against a level 10 wall. This indicates that they don't have the manpower to deal with the wall and stage an attack. The ones that do take out the wall usually run up the score. They either have a lot of minis or a lot of gold or a lot of the free refills.

My point was that there are fewer active syndicates and therefore we are more likely to be matched with the same teams over and over again. There is no question that the number of people playing has dropped a lot.

Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWarthog View Post
    Seriously. Who the @&$( is winning the battles? We're 5 wins and (going on) 20 losses. Criminy, how do we keep getting matched with the same syndicates that mop the floor with us over and over and over again? It's not like we're a t10 syndicate. We make it to 500 and we consider it a good event. How the hell can we not even find one in 4 to beat if the algorithm is working?
    Win or lose doesn't matter, all that matters is how many points you finish with. Sure, its nice to get the lame amount of control points, but if we don't win, I certainly won't lose any sleep over it. But yes, the matching algorithm is wonky.

As for getting matched against the same teams, try offsetting your declare times by 15 minutes; works wonders.
    CC Mafia Codes: 888 701 464, 503 892 849, 608 943 190, 864 348 557, 502 240 575
    Syndicate 💥 720 641 277

MW Alliance Codes: 712 849 183, 135 451 857, 250 563 636
    Faction 💥 751 241 780

"None of your business" -and that's a quote.
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Whatever, the algorithm or ??? That matches crews in BOTH BforEC or SA needs fixing or adjustment to be fairer.
    And WHO Hammr, just let's a wall sit the whole battle if they are serious about fighting? You make it sound like that's a brilliant tactic! Great, if it is, SDB is recruiting! 781-369-528. Fighters with ideas needed!!!!!
    "When the going gets weird
    The Weird turn pro."
    -- Hunter S Thompson, True American

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Red BD View Post
    And WHO Hammr, just let's a wall sit the whole battle if they are serious about fighting? You make it sound like that's a brilliant tactic!
    I never said it was a great tactic. I just said I have noticed it happening from time to time. Like I said. I believe that they don't have the participation to take out a full sized wall and stage a decent attack. I guess they are saving the energy to declare again as soon as that battle ends.

The point is that fewer people are playing. Fewer teams playing means we will see the same teams more often.

"None of your business" -and that's a quote.
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Makes sense I guess
    "When the going gets weird
    The Weird turn pro."
    -- Hunter S Thompson, True American