What just happened to all the useful info?

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What just happened to all the useful info?

Master of Musings
    Post Count

What just happened to all the useful info?

What just happened? All the links and posts that had anything g worthwhile and helpful on the forum in it suddenly disappeared.

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Wow, just discovered that it wasn't allowed because the info seemed to make some people think the poster was a mod or gree/deca employee. Even though those people are clearly labeled as such, and I do believe everyone knows who the poster is.therfore he voluntarily removed the info to avoid this apparent confusion. Guess I'm the one who is confused now. So, just what are the drums for then?

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Speed ump View Post
    Wow, just discovered that it wasn't allowed because the info seemed to make some people think the poster was a mod or gree/deca employee. Even though those people are clearly labeled as such, and I do believe everyone knows who the poster is.therfore he voluntarily removed the info to avoid this apparent confusion. Guess I'm the one who is confused now. So, just what are the drums for then?
    Does it matter who posts? If it's helpful it's relevant and it shouldn't matter if it's a Mod or someone from the community,it certainly shouldn't matter what colour Font those helpful posts are in...
    Hobbsie

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Forums, not drums. Spell wrong got me

Banned
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Funnily enough. I saw this happening at the time and made my own post in a different color.. My post went untouched.. So I can only assume that they are attacking this one person..

But it doesn't make sense, because those posts were incredibly useful and it was clear who posted thwm

Post Count
    Arent there more important things to focus on in the game than what font color someone is posting on in the forums? Where are the priorities here?

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    As I understood it, it also pertained to the info that was being disseminated. But I am confused, so it's possible I misunderstood. I really don't pay attention to colors that are used, over the years people have used many diff colors. If they are a mod, it says so under their name, if they're a gree employee, it's says so under their name. So I don't get the confusion from colors, but if useful info is what's at issue, then again, my question is. What are the forums for? I have truly enjoyed some great banter with many in here over the years, and I believe they did also. It's sad that's not wanted either, I always felt it helped keep people entertained. But the info about ltqs, meeting transcripts, links for matching rooms? Didn't think it got any more basic than that. It seems complaining about events and how they aren't working is still permitted to some extent. Guess that's the extent of it.

Post Count
    Maybe Russians are involved?
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ54
    Because without our players, there would be no game. And we aim to communicate that more.

Signed, CJ and the MW Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Mind View Post
    your children must be so proud of you, do they bring in your phone for show and tell?

Post Count
    So this player, and he is an actual player not a mod who's involved in the talks with Gree/Deca, posts actual USEFUL information. But because it's in a color not sanctioned by said non-player mod or Gree/DECA, he got into trouble?! Sorry but that's total crap. Who cares what color it's in?! It's useful information.

Banned
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    I still remember when the forums where a useful place and restrictions like this didn't happen.

So then I remember that Thief use to do a lot of helpful posts in multi colours ... So it appears as though it was ok then.. although the forums were actively used in those days

http://forums.gree.net/showthread.ph...=1#post1391415

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Why provide the option of using different colours if poster's can't use them? Different colours have been used by many helpful players to share info over the years...without being challenged by the overseers. Those threads and players made the game better for many factions. Gree never provided info on how events worked, it was left to the good nature of others and their money.
    I miss the banter and helpfulness.
    Are the mods sure they understand the purpose of a forum!

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Now thats a thought I hadn't thought, yet so simple. Why provide the ability to post in colors if it's not allowed. Like Adam, eve, and the apple? I think some are missing the point though. Yes, I believe colorwas an issue, butalso believe the content was also. How that content was confusing people that the poster was a mod or gree employee, I'll never know. I had thought it was self evident he was not. Just for the record, is there anyone here that was confused in this issue?

Banned
    Post Count
    Like Speed ump said, it's says under their name if they are a player mod, so I'm not sure how it could have been confusing. Besides it was helpful information.

Was this simply a disgruntled moderator or gree employee doing it out of dislike for the deleted poster?

Post Count
    is this font okay??
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ54
    Because without our players, there would be no game. And we aim to communicate that more.

Signed, CJ and the MW Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Mind View Post
    your children must be so proud of you, do they bring in your phone for show and tell?

Banned
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Bndawgs View Post
    is this font okay??
    You haven't changed the font .. only the colour