Store or Prize Unit Boost Question - Mods ?

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Store or Prize Unit Boost Question - Mods ?

I have some top secret clown business that supersedes any plans that you might have.
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count

Post Store or Prize Unit Boost Question - Mods ?

Hi All,

I know this has been discussed a few times and various ideas / answers have been put forward, in fact some players (Sire Dew) have been kind enough to provide actual game statistics with differing results.

Most of my team have different ideas and understandings to something that should be basic information about one off the most common things in the game:

I will try and keep things simple by choosing one example unit in one boost category:

Say, I buy the Danger Zone Pyramus ( SEA UNIT ) for 660 GOLD - it has 9% Sea Defence Boost

MY CURRENT BOOSTS -

Sea Enhancement + 1022566%

Sea Defence + 23234872%

Now the question...

1) Does that 9% SEA DEFENCE boost ONLY get applied to this single unit.

2) Does 9% get added to my TOTAL SEA DEFENCE

- the above then opens two more little questions:

- Does 9% get added to my current Sea Enhancement ( + 1022566% plus 9%)

- Does 9% get added to my current Sea Defence ( + 23234872% plus 9%)

if it does get added to either of the above, would it be calculated like, SE + 1022566% plus 9% = 1022575%, some boosts are also calculated differently, if it is added to our total current sea defence is it calculated like health for example (0.9,0.9 etc, I don't know the actual way, but you know what I mean). in which case dew's calculations, a while ago (attack increase is not .10, it's .001, In some cases, it is not .10, but .01) may be right.

I can imagine lots of players still thinking that their stats will increase by 9% based on their sea units in the army, obviously, we understand that if combined like point two, they would then be combined and applied to raw stats.

3) It has been my understanding not worry too much as the boost applies if the unit is in the army or not, however if the boost is only applied to that unit (as per point one) and it's not in the army then it won't be added, obviously, which would also mean that 75% of my units would also not make the army (due to length of time playing and rank).

4) Final quick question, as I have only brought all sea boost buildings, no other unit apart from sea appears in my active army for both attack and defence - therefore all gold and event prizes for Air, Infantry or ground are useless, and if point one is correct then anything less than my bottom active unit (advance stealth ship) is also useless as it won't make the cut.

I'm not after a huge reply breaking down calculated differences, but just a mod to say Yep! - Boost only applies to that UNIT, or Yep! it's added to your Sea Enhancement or Sea Defence which is then applied to raw stats

I have looked through the forum and haven't seen a confirmation from mods, but I might have missed it.

Cheers
    - Seal Team Six - SES - OMT - SF1 -

WD Point Ave 1m - Highest 3.1m

From truth lead me to delusion, from light lead me to darkness, from death lead me to eternal life. Hallelujah! Are you feeling it sire?

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by HellRaizer View Post
    Boost applies to all of your sea units.. the display of the sea boost in the profile screen should increase by that figure.. just remember that your Sea units are boosted by both alliance and sea boosts, so you need to consider both of those boost types..

If you go into your inventory you can toggle the option that shows boosted stats on units.. take a look at ok at any sea unit and then after purchasing a boost, restart the game (sometimes twice) and you should see that boosted value increase.
    You described things as they SHOULD work, mate.

We all have learned things don't always work as described.

Nevertheless, thank you for caring and sharing.
    It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.

The SPENDING LAMP is ALWAYS lit in ALL GREE GAMES.
    SPEND it, if you got any left.

Jesse “The Body” Ventura said, “Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat!”

In the words of Bobby Heenan: "The money's the same, whether you earn it or scam it.
    "

Banned
    Post Count
    Thanks for the question Narcis and thanks for the answer HellRaizer.

I also have stopped going for any other unit besides air and alliance boosts. No other unit makes my army. The good thing about that is I can lay low on events that don't give out air, so I save my time and energy for air units. Makes the game less time consuming for myself as I can go a day or two without having to be on.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by WBS View Post
    Thanks for the question Narcis and thanks for the answer HellRaizer.

I also have stopped going for any other unit besides air and alliance boosts. No other unit makes my army. The good thing about that is I can lay low on events that don't give out air, so I save my time and energy for air units. Makes the game less time consuming for myself as I can go a day or two without having to be on.
    A day or two,wow.
    I pop in every three days, sometimes four.
    I once went a week.
    I'm thinking about shooting for a month. LOL
    It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.

The SPENDING LAMP is ALWAYS lit in ALL GREE GAMES.
    SPEND it, if you got any left.

Jesse “The Body” Ventura said, “Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat!”

In the words of Bobby Heenan: "The money's the same, whether you earn it or scam it.
    "

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by DEWIN NUTTIN View Post
    A day or two,wow.
    I pop in every three days, sometimes four.
    I once went a week.
    I'm thinking about shooting for a month. LOL
    I play more for upgrading buildings for poops and giggles than stats or events nowadays. I still help faction events out, but nothing near what I used to.

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    If gree cared they'd listen to the few of us that bother coming to the forums and make suggestions ask questions etc, the lack of response makes you believe they've either been abducted by aliens or got the sack when grees last round of cuts were made